Arrow Renewing Subscription

Hello, I have played WoW and SWTOR, ON WoW I have like 3 85's and some friends playing it. I stopped playing because it go REALLY boring about 5 months ago.

SWTOR I got to about 41 on a bounty hunter and a sorcerer at like 18, didn't get to finish, but I was usually rather bored with it.

Which one should I re-sub to? I want to play an MMO bad and Can't afford TERA nor am I that interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SulfurAlchemist View Post
    Hello, I have played WoW and SWTOR, ON WoW I have like 3 85's and some friends playing it. I stopped playing because it go REALLY boring about 5 months ago.

SWTOR I got to about 41 on a bounty hunter and a sorcerer at like 18, didn't get to finish, but I was usually rather bored with it.

Which one should I re-sub to? I want to play an MMO bad and Can't afford TERA nor am I that interested.
    With the server mergers, and the group finder, I heard that SWTOR is pretty fun now. WoW is in kinda a lull right now. I would wait until the pre-expansion event comes out before you resub. You could also try out the free trial in Rift. I've heard the game is really fun at end game, but in my experience the questing was so boring that I never got to max level.

Sub to eve online, way better than all 3.

Wait until MoP for WoW. Wait until SWTOR is F2P. Then play both.

If you need to play one right now, I'd go with SWTOR assuming you haven't played it within the last few months. I know you said you couldn't afford a new game, but Tera and Rift are also options. Rift is probably safer though, since it has lasted much longer and is doing very well. And, imo, is probably worth the subscription more than any of the others.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-07-04 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Wait until MoP for WoW. Wait until SWTOR is F2P. Then play both.

If you need to play one right now, I'd go with SWTOR assuming you haven't played it within the last few months. I know you said you couldn't afford a new game, but Tera and Rift are also options. Rift is probably safer though, since it has lasted much longer and is doing very well. And, imo, is probably worth the subscription more than any of the others.
    I was going to do that, but then I got bored and need a new game, finished witcher 2 and now meh, I might try and save for TERA and is RIFT really worth it? got so many bad reviewes

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is in the pre expansion snooze. Pick a random game and play it. I usually use this time to catch up on the single player games I've missed completing.
    Then arrive fresh and ready to make the push once more.

If you really need to scratch the MMO itch, Rift seems like a decent choice. But something tells me you'll want to waltz back for MOP, so far it's including everything I've wanted in an expansion. Expanding the concepts in the game instead of making a glorified overhaul of the old mechanics.
    There's only one or two more changes to the game I would make in order for WoW to become exactly what I want to play in Mists, but it's come very close.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    WoW is in the pre expansion snooze. Pick a random game and play it. I usually use this time to catch up on the single player games I've missed completing.
    Then arrive fresh and ready to make the push once more.

If you really need to scratch the MMO itch, Rift seems like a decent choice. But something tells me you'll want to waltz back for MOP, so far it's including everything I've wanted in an expansion. Expanding the concepts in the game instead of making a glorified overhaul of the old mechanics.
    There's only one or two more changes to the game I would make in order for WoW to become exactly what I want to play in Mists, but it's come very close.
    I did play a bunch of Single players, Witcher 2, Portal. Deus Ex, Bastion, now I'm bored with nothing to do. MoP does look interesting, but it's not here yet.

I was going to do that, but then I got bored and need a new game, finished witcher 2 and now meh, I might try and save for TERA and is RIFT really worth it? got so many bad reviewes
    It releases content over twice as fast as WoW, has an active playerbase (which I do not know the numbers, I'd guess it's a little lower than 1m though) and is releasing it's first expansion soon. The actual quality of the content is similar to what you'd get with WoW.

The only downside is the boring leveling. Sadly, most MMOs suffer from this as well.

I'd be playing it right now if I knew that I wasn't going to completely abandon it come Guild Wars 2's release. Sorry Trion.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-07-04 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    It releases content over twice as fast as WoW, has an active playerbase (which I do not know the numbers, I'd guess it's a little lower than 1m though) and is releasing it's first expansion soon. The actual quality of the content is similar to what you'd get with WoW.

The only downside is the boring leveling. Sadly, most MMOs suffer from this as well.
    I actually enjoy questing in wow, Loved SWTOR questing with all the story and all... That I don't mind, I just don't want to pick up a dead game, and then just leave it there.

Deleted
    Go Aion F2P for 2 months, then buy GW2. Best solution IMHO.

Personally i just re-subbed to swtor and still find myself bored at cap level. The black hole dailys take forever to complete on my server the bastion because everyone is doing them and most people will just steal crates and no offer to group up. I find myself wanting to get into PvP more but its only ever interested me on WoW and PvE wise i cant find myself interested in swtor pve because WoW owns PvE hands down.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

Ok or you could just go and goof off on some of the older FTP ones. Everquest 2 or 3? (sorry never was a fan), Age of Conan (FTP and still very much fun, not to mention the combat is more realistic than any mmo out), Not sure if this ones still around Dungeons and dragons, DC online is another (fun pounding things into ground even though its more of a button smasher). Someone said eve went FTP a bit back but no idea haven't played it in years. Don't limit yourself to just SWTOR or WOW please, Its like asking do you want to die a 1000 deaths by sharp pointy things or do you want to die 1000 deaths by blunt objects. It's gonna hurt for a LONG time. lol But if you are dead set to go for a PTP then i'd say SWTOR, Bioware seems to be figuring out they aren't blizzard and their cash cow isn't as fat as theirs so they are perfecting it more and more..Oh and city of heroes, Just don't limit yourself that's all.

10+ Year Old Account
    SWToR > WoW for the next couple of months until MoP.
    Then MoP.
    or you could pick up and try RIFT, it's fun, abit different, and updated pretty often*better than every other MMO atm*. It's free up to lv 20, and it's cheap to buy.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Oh, I tried half of those, I really did, tried many MMO's but none capture me, TERA did but no money, and GW2 seems fun but now out yet, I didn't want to spend money but apparently I have to.