Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't get this release? Character Booster? Achievements? I thought Knights of the Round Max Stars was an Achievement of itself. Now i have to have a shiny badge to verify that? No thanks. I will keep my original black backs, and my original save of max everything.

A re-release =/= a remake.

Thanks for nothing.

despite all discussion i'm looking forward to it
    then i can play one of my fav. games on the pc

Quote Originally Posted by Taenathal View Post
    That hasn't stopped them from remaking the earlier titles, however. Did they specify regarding how exactly they expect a game to 'top' Final Fantasy 7? I mean, most of the main titles have been very successful in terms of sales and gaining a cult following.
    None of them were ever quite so big. They're basically saying they want to make more popular games than 13 and 13-2 (and 14, which I forgot existed for a minute there) before undergoing the frankly massive process of remaking 7 up to their standards. It's fan stalling.
    Last edited by Caiada; 2012-07-04 at 04:26 PM.

Deleted
    If all it ends up being is a re-release with slightly better graphics that runs on Win7 without the need to fuck about for ages getting it to run, im all for it. If they finish the Aeris storyline so it makes sense then
    *snip*

Please don't post memes in the forums. Infracted.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-07-04 at 05:28 PM.

Deleted
    i just hope its true.cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    If all it ends up being is a re-release with slightly better graphics that runs on Win7 without the need to fuck about for ages getting it to run, im all for it. If they finish the Aeris storyline so it makes sense then [IMG]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5zqhcWluK1rrdkh0.jpg[IMG]
    How the hell did it not make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I don't get this release? Character Booster? Achievements? I thought Knights of the Round Max Stars was an Achievement of itself. Now i have to have a shiny badge to verify that? No thanks. I will keep my original black backs, and my original save of max everything.
    I guess Square/ENIX market research would suggest others will [pay] even if you won't! Seriously, though, if you think about it most of the modern FINAL FANTASY back catalogue could be an Achievement Hunters' wet dreams, or at least, prove a profitable port. What I don't get though, Achievements are cool, but as allude, recognition is from the shiny badge (Xbox Live Achievements or Sony Trophies)... but this is being pushed through Square/ENIX online store so will it even be a Windows for Live (Live Achievements) release (?) --I hope so, might be cool to revisit FF VII if so.

Otherwise we'll wait until Yoichi Wada makes good on his promise for a full FF VII remake!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    How the hell did it not make sense?

You're kidding right?

Deleted
    This is more of a update than a re-release...It's compatible with win 7 and will allow resolutions of up to 1920x1200 which isn't bad...Providing the booster is a fucking travesty.

You're kidding right?
    Nope. I can't think of anything about Aeris that didn't make sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Nope. I can't think of anything about Aeris that didn't make sense.
    I'd go play the game some more and pay attention....

You saw nothing wrong with all her gear still being available after she died, her having a 4 tiered limit? Aeris's Umbrella has a higher Attack Power than her best weapon, the Princess Guard Everyone else's best weapon has a higher Attack Power than all of their other weapons. Also that she should(n't) of been resurrected was considered a major missing part of the game.

Have you even played FF7?

Deleted

You saw nothing wrong with all her gear still being available after she died, her having a 4 tiered limit? Aeris's Umbrella has a higher Attack Power than her best weapon, the Princess Guard Everyone else's best weapon has a higher Attack Power than all of their other weapons. Also that she should(n't) of been resurrected was considered a major missing part of the game.

You're mistaking game mechanics for game lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taenathal View Post
    You're mistaking game mechanics for game lore.
    Don't think that has anything to do with game mechanics at all. So it must be you who is mistaken.

You saw nothing wrong with all her gear still being available after she died, her having a 4 tiered limit? Aeris's Umbrella has a higher Attack Power than her best weapon, the Princess Guard Everyone else's best weapon has a higher Attack Power than all of their other weapons. Also that she should(n't) of been resurrected was a major missing part of the game.

I don't think random extra item quirks and some vestigial story moments show that it was a 'major missing part of the game.' There's absolutely no way that in the final version of the game's story Aeris ever should've been revived.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rerelease pretty much nothing updated aside from items you can buy for more money. Slap in the face to those fans i bet.

Don't think that has anything to do with game mechanics at all. So it must be you who is mistaken.

You saw nothing wrong with all her gear still being available after she died, her having a 4 tiered limit? Aeris's Umbrella has a higher Attack Power than her best weapon, the Princess Guard Everyone else's best weapon has a higher Attack Power than all of their other weapons.
    Game Mechanics ^

Also that she should(n't) of been resurrected was considered a major missing part of the game. Have you even played FF7?
    Game Lore ^

Nothing more than a re-release for pc, but this one to make money from people by selling cheats.

Character Booster

Find yourself stuck on a difficult section or lacking the funds to buy that vital Phoenix Down? With the Character Booster you can increase your HP, MP and Gil levels to their maximum, all with the simple click of a button, leaving you to enjoy your adventure.

Deleted
    ...but her equipment being available from vendors and treasure chests after her demise has absolutely no impact on the game's plot at all. Not to mention, it's still useful from a game mechanic point of view thanks to the materia that allows you to throw a weapon at an enemy to damage them.

Hate to break it to ya, but theyre re releasing the game, and the graphics are the same with some tiny tweaks.. The only thing different is they added achievements for some reason....