Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    Why would it be a PC port... when there already is one?
    Because this one has Achievements!!! OMG!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I don't think random extra item quirks and some vestigial story moments show that it was a 'major missing part of the game.' There's absolutely no way ( In my opinion ) that in the final version of the game's story Aeris ever should've been revived.
    There are signs of her in many locations ( that she shouldn't be in as she died ) in later disc's . The idea she could've been resurrected is plausible and makes sense. Yeah the items could've been left in the game as a rushed mistake but seeing as they knew she'd die why even make them available later on at all?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    I'd go play the game some more and pay attention....

You saw nothing wrong with all her gear still being available after she died, her having a 4 tiered limit? Aeris's Umbrella has a higher Attack Power than her best weapon, the Princess Guard Everyone else's best weapon has a higher Attack Power than all of their other weapons. Also that she should(n't) of been resurrected was considered a major missing part of the game.

Have you even played FF7?
    Aeris dying was essential to the story (which is what FF is all about). Fuck her weapons and limit breaks which are only in the game if you like to take the time to level her up. What are you smoking?

There are signs of her in many locations ( that she shouldn't be in as she died ) in later disc's . The idea she could've been resurrected is plausible and makes sense. Yeah the items could've been left in the game as a rushed mistake but seeing as they knew she'd die why even make them available later on at all?
    That's what I mean by vestigial story moments. There was a version of the game's plot where Aeris was not killed. They decided against that. They left the vestigial programming in because it made no difference otherwise.

Seriously, it makes perfect sense to anybody not looking for a reason she should've been able to be resurrected.

@OP: Might want to change the thread title to be less misleading. (Unless you're doing that on purpose to get false hits on the thread)

Deleted
    What signs? Most of the stuff involving her 'life after death' was not even canon. Games tend to go through many stages of development, that doesn't change the fact that in the final, canon version Aeris died and there was no way to revive her. At least not without cheating.

Regarding the whole "Aeris should have lived" thing, I think it might just be due to fanboyism/fangirlism.

I also agree that her dying was essential to the story.

Also, how the hell is it my opinion if the final version of the goddamned story had her dying? Fuck you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taenathal View Post
    ...but her equipment being available from vendors and treasure chests after her demise has absolutely no impact on the game's plot at all. Not to mention, it's still useful from a game mechanic point of view thanks to the materia that allows you to throw a weapon at an enemy to damage them.
    So there is person specific items in the game just to be used to throw?....

---------- Post added 2012-07-04 at 06:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Also, how the hell is it my opinion if the final version of the goddamned story had her dying? Fuck you.
    Because they never rush things ever and then later release DLC to fix it?

Did you actually need to resort to swearing at me? Seems rather childish while having a debate.

Deleted
    Its a re-release with added features like Achievements (a good thing I say, bring on the challenges), Cloud Saving and Character boosters....yeah not so keen on that bit.

Thread name needs to be changed really as it isnt a remake, its a re-release.

So there is person specific items in the game just to be used to throw?....

---------- Post added 2012-07-04 at 06:06 PM ----------

Did you actually need to resort to swearing at me? Seems rather childish while having a debate.
    I'll swear whenever the hell I want to and this isn't a debate.

Also, this was back in 1997. Console patching was a foreign concept. The story is finished before the game is. There's absolutely nothing substantial implying she should've survived. You're being willfully ignorant.

Disappointing.... Have waited a long time for a real remake, with improved graphics, more story, addititonal features.....

I mean the 2 additional features(Cloud Save and Character Booster)....Who really needs that?

They didn't in 1997 when there was no way to do dlc. You must be really young.

Deleted
    Sorry to break it to you all but Final fantasy 7 won't be remade until the series creates something on par with 7, if they make it now they feel it will be the end of the series. This is merely a re-release.

Various sources:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/1...not-a-priority

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/no-final...iginal-6384331

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...or-awhile.aspx

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    They didn't in 1997 when there was no way to do dlc. You must be really young.
    Which is why it never got fixed? I do feel quite young for a 28 year old, thanks for the compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughJustice View Post
    A few weeks ago someone high up in Square Enix said they wont make an FF7 remake until a new FF game tops the original.

Source: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...s-been-topped/

No they said like 5 years ago that they would not remake the game until the original team was back and they are all split up working on different projects FF7 will get remade just as fast as they revamp the legacy of kain series... which isnt going to happen
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Deleted
    I hope the never remake it, and if they do, I cant stress this enough please god only the graphics. Square just isn't the same company it was in the 90s and if they were to add in a lot of new content it would be cheesy and broken.

Deleted
    I really doubt anything is going to please the investors as much as the original Final Fantasy 7 did, and that was made in a period where game depth was valued much more highly than it is now. Somewhat ironic in that a proper, faithful and well thought out remake would actually go a long way to restore the trust that has been shattered for many fans of the original product.

Deleted
    Forget FFVII...

Id prefer a re-release/remake of FFX any day. Auron for Warchief 2K12

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    No they said like 5 years ago that they would not remake the game until the original team was back and they are all split up working on different projects FF7 will get remade just as fast as they revamp the legacy of kain series... which isnt going to happen

Damn you for reminding me of the LoK series