Leveling Inscription through Blackfallow Ink

I have A LOT of Whiptail left over from when the respawn rate went all crazy and can't move it all. My server's glyph market is pretty low and Fortune Cards don't sell quite as well I would like. I know I'm going to make my Monk an Inscriptionist I just planned on farming all the herbs myself ahead of time. Now I might as well just use all this Whiptail to level it.

Using this as a guide: http://www.wow-professions.com/wowgu...ion-guide.html

Since I wont be making Inks for points do I just make double the item in the next set of points?

For example from from 1-19 you make Ivory Ink and from 19-35 you make Scroll of Stamina. Since I won't be making any Ink do I just make Scroll of Stamina from 1-35? Which would mean I need twice as much Ivory Ink, correct?

I think it takes a skill 475 to mill, so you will have to use other things than whiptail to level inscription.
    Last edited by Jerbs; 2012-07-04 at 08:59 PM. Reason: that=than

If you have another character with inscription or a friend you can make all of that into blackfallow ink and now (will change in mop) trade it in for all the inks you'll need. Just follow that guides amount and leave room for rng
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    I have A LOT of Whiptail left over from when the respawn rate went all crazy and can't move it all. My server's glyph market is pretty low and Fortune Cards don't sell quite as well I would like. I know I'm going to make my Monk an Inscriptionist I just planned on farming all the herbs myself ahead of time. Now I might as well just use all this Whiptail to level it.

Using this as a guide: http://www.wow-professions.com/wowgu...ion-guide.html

Since I wont be making Inks for points do I just make double the item in the next set of points?

For example from from 1-19 you make Ivory Ink and from 19-35 you make Scroll of Stamina. Since I won't be making any Ink do I just make Scroll of Stamina from 1-35? Which would mean I need twice as much Ivory Ink, correct?
    Yes it is possible to do so. But to actually see which one is cheapest will require a lot of stats just as price of each ink and the cost of the inks and your potential profits from selling them. Is it viable? Sure it is. Will probably need to make a few more glyphs/scrolls etc to level up but it is perfectly viable. On my realm Whiptail sells for 20G/stack however, the lower level herbs can be bought for 2-5G a stack like peacebloom and silverleaf. So it depends really in the long run.

However, once you get into TBC and WTLK it is cheaper to use Blackfallow inks to trade for the those lower level inks. However, anything below that and it is a real loss since most of the vanilla herbs sell for less than a stack of the Cata Herbs.

Oh god.... Scribe scribe scribe scribe scribe scribe!!!!!!
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

@Jerbs and Regen - I already have an Inscriptionist. I'm not using the Whiptail I have to make glyphs and fortune cards because it is next to non-profital. Since I'm already planning to make my Monk an Inscriptionist I figured I would use the Whiptail I have to level it.

@Wynterlyn - I already know it is possible.

What my question is is this: There are points in leveling the profession where you make Ink from pigment to gain a few points. Since I will not be making any Ink, only trading in Blackfallow for the proper ink, will I simply need to make ~double the glyphs/items. I'm asking because I don't know if there are holes in the leveling where I would need to make ink from pigment.

Example from 1-19 you make Ivory Ink from Pigment and from 19-35 you make Scroll of Stamina. Will I simply make Scroll of Stamina from 1-35, using my Blackfallow to get 35 Ivory Ink? Or do you not learn Scroll of Stamina at skill 1? Are there similar holes later in leveling where all the glyphs I can make are grey and I need to make Ink to earn skill points?

Ah yes. I just did this with my Mage. That's all you do. Just make extra of that scroll. Or say you're somewhere in the hundreds and from 150-160 you're making 300 of X ink, instead, just leave yourself a bunch of the ink before that so you can do the highest yellow pattern 10 more times.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    Yes it is possible to do so. But to actually see which one is cheapest will require a lot of stats just as price of each ink and the cost of the inks and your potential profits from selling them. Is it viable? Sure it is. Will probably need to make a few more glyphs/scrolls etc to level up but it is perfectly viable. On my realm Whiptail sells for 20G/stack however, the lower level herbs can be bought for 2-5G a stack like peacebloom and silverleaf. So it depends really in the long run.

However, once you get into TBC and WTLK it is cheaper to use Blackfallow inks to trade for the those lower level inks. However, anything below that and it is a real loss since most of the vanilla herbs sell for less than a stack of the Cata Herbs.

you give up inferno ink which go for a bit. pvp relics make a decent profit on most servers and are a vendor recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Ah yes. I just did this with my Mage. That's all you do. Just make extra of that scroll. Or say you're somewhere in the hundreds and from 150-160 you're making 300 of X ink, instead, just leave yourself a bunch of the ink before that so you can do the highest yellow pattern 10 more times.
    Thanks.

/10 char