Alright, much appreciated!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    It was intended as an option for low geared hit based casters to reach caps. With the way gear spread is across an expansion currently, starting in entry level blues it can be rather complicated to hit cap for some classes.

Remember shadow has both hit and spirit it can use to reach the cap, classes like mages and warlocks do not. So with this change it allows them to on a piece with say Hit and Mastery, Reforge the mastery to expertise, (where we would normally do mastery to spirit, they are unable to) and end up with 100% of one stat, and 40% of the second towards their hit cap. It's entirely for flexibility with gearing.

The bonus to us, is that it uses a red gem color (or the red side of an orange gem) where as hit and spirit both use blue. So in top end gear, what priests are doing now, is aiming for as little spirit/hit gear as possible, and taking advantage of the double secondary stat on gems, and putting the expertise in the red sockets, leaving more of the stats on your gear available to be reforged to crit and mastery (assuming you're already at haste gcd cap) as they would likely be worth more than 50% of what Int is.

I like the way you think

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    The Daily Heroic Scenario bag can give you a 516 weapon you can upgrade to 524 - I seem to get a lot of weapons that way - I'd definitely recommend that. Beyond that, LFR can give you some good stuff - I'd recommend Flex but you probably wouldn't be let in with your weapon :/

Heroic Scenario Dailies and LFR are the best bets
    I'm doing HC Scenario everyday but never I see item only gold -.-

Making an off spec shadow set, can't reach more than the 8000ish haste milestone due to sharing some disc gear(crit+mastery).

Would it be better to just prioritize crit instead? I'll be using FDCL anyway so mastery won't be as effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    Making an off spec shadow set, can't reach more than the 8000ish haste milestone due to sharing some disc gear(crit+mastery).

Would it be better to just prioritize crit instead? I'll be using FDCL anyway so mastery won't be as effective.
    At any and every gear level for level 90 characters Haste is your best secondary stat until you reach 18,215 Haste Rating.

At 450 ilvl? Haste > Mastery or Crit
    At 496 ilvl? Haste > Mastery or Crit
    At 522 ilvl? Haste > Mastery or Crit

It does not matter how far 'behind the curve' you are. Whether you just dinged 90 or you're pushing Heroic Siege of Orgrimmar you will stack Haste up until the 18,215 Haste Rating cap. If that means the highest you can get is only 3k Haste rating... GET 3K HASTE RATING.

tl;dnr - You're still a Shadow Priest and you want ALL the Haste!

So im hit capped with 9.8k haste and 526ilvl, but i cant decide which boots should i use, actually i have this one http://www.wowhead.com/item=95965, and today i got this one from megaera http://www.wowhead.com/item=96078 also i got this yesterday http://www.wowhead.com/item=105050.

While the first one doesnt have a gem slot, the megaera boots have critical and the soo lfr mastery and spirit.

This is my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldmas/advanced

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    So im hit capped with 9.8k haste and 526ilvl, but i cant decide which boots should i use, actually i have this one http://www.wowhead.com/item=95965, and today i got this one from megaera http://www.wowhead.com/item=96078 also i got this yesterday http://www.wowhead.com/item=105050.

While the first one doesnt have a gem slot, the megaera boots have critical and the soo lfr mastery and spirit.

This is my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldmas/advanced
    Definitely the Sandals of Two Little Bees - you can reforge master or spirit to haste and you can reforge other items to make the spirit remain at hit cap - but the stat jump from 502 to 528 is way too big to ignore
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

When is it worth it to drop UVLS and the T15 4 set?

I recently got Purified Bindings of Immerseus and I just want to double check before I pair it with the old valour trinket instead of UVLS.

Also got Hood of Swirling Senses and Shoulderpads of Dou Dou Chong to switch to in lieu of T15 and Timeless shoulders if the stat gain is better than the set bonus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbsy999 View Post
    When is it worth it to drop UVLS and the T15 4 set?

I recently got Purified Bindings of Immerseus and I just want to double check before I pair it with the old valour trinket instead of UVLS.

Also got Hood of Swirling Senses and Shoulderpads of Dou Dou Chong to switch to in lieu of T15 and Timeless shoulders if the stat gain is better than the set bonus.
    Is your UVLS 502? 522 UVLS was heavily nerfed, but it might still be better than the Shadopan trinket. Purified Bindings though are definitely worth swapping in, I'm just not quite sure which is the secondary because I haven't seen the new math on just how bad UVLS is now.

You should swap both of those 553's in and break your 4p bonus, the item level alone is worth it

Generally speaking, anything from Normal or Heroic SoO is going to be worth swapping in over anything from ToT just because of how crazy the item level jumps are at this point.

It's only LFR 2/2 UVLS, valour trinket it is then.

Thanks for taking the time to answer

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbsy999 View Post
    It's only LFR 2/2 UVLS, valour trinket it is then.

Thanks for taking the time to answer
    Np anytime

Hey awesome guide! I have a couple questions:

Since I rolled troll, would it be best if I got 3 orbs then used berserking with DP+Shadowfiend, but only two or 3 procs, or used berserking with only DP but used shadowfiend with all my procs.

Second, if I go into DI for a fight, is it worth it interrupting MF:I after the second tick for the instant MB or SW: D

Third, when should I not use the second SW: D that gives no orb. Currently I use SW: D twice in most cases, the only time I hold it back is if i have a DP. So it would like something like:

Have 1 orb - MB+SW: D - DP- MF:I
    Last edited by CosmicGate; 2013-09-30 at 10:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGate View Post
    Hey awesome guide! I have a couple questions:
    Thanks

Since I rolled troll, would it be best if I got 3 orbs then used berserking with DP+Shadowfiend, but only two or 3 procs, or used berserking with only DP but used shadowfiend with all my procs.
    It really depends on the fight, if popping Shadowfiend on cooldown will get you more Shadowfiends into a fight - it's better to get more with fewer procs than to hold onto it hoping the stars will align. Similarly for DP, the risk of having another Orb Generator come off cooldown when you already have 3 is a huge risk that makes it not really feasible to retain Orbs to optimize procs during DP application. If Mind Blast, Death, or DI procs are ready - and you are already sitting on 3 orbs - you are delaying all future casts of those Orb Generators by waiting even just a single GCD: not worth it. Therefore, whenever possible - absolutely align DP and Shadowfiend with as many procs (and Berserking) as possible - but delaying either of them significantly is generally a DPS loss versus using them essentially on cooldown.

It's a problem with the 3-orb maximum capacity we currently face - in my proposed model for 6.0 - I'm suggesting the devs give us a 5-orb maximum so that we can delay finishers (only DP currently) for optimization of movement/procs/fight mechanics.

Second, if I go into DI for a fight, is it worth it interrupting MF:I after the second tick for the instant MB or SW: D
    Yes, always - Orb Generators are by far the highest priority for casts - Insanity functions comparably to Mind Flay in terms of priority, despite that it deals double Mind Flays damage (it's still the lowest priority).

Third, when should I not use the second SW: D that gives no orb. Currently I use SW: D twice in most cases, the only time I hold it back is if i have a DP. So it would like something like:

Have 1 orb - MB+SW: D - DP- MF:I
    Always double-tap Shadow Word: Death now - prior to 5.4 it was worthwhile to game the 6 second Orb generation cooldown on Death by only pressing it once, but they nerfed this behaviour in 5.4 to force us to double-tap. It's not an elegant solution, but it's what we have been given.

Hope that helps!

10+ Year Old Account
    How is tier 16? What are we going for? the BiS list didn't seem to show using tier.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Thanks

It really depends on the fight, if popping Shadowfiend on cooldown will get you more Shadowfiends into a fight - it's better to get more with fewer procs than to hold onto it hoping the stars will align. Similarly for DP, the risk of having another Orb Generator come off cooldown when you already have 3 is a huge risk that makes it not really feasible to retain Orbs to optimize procs during DP application. If Mind Blast, Death, or DI procs are ready - and you are already sitting on 3 orbs - you are delaying all future casts of those Orb Generators by waiting even just a single GCD: not worth it. Therefore, whenever possible - absolutely align DP and Shadowfiend with as many procs (and Berserking) as possible - but delaying either of them significantly is generally a DPS loss versus using them essentially on cooldown.

It's a problem with the 3-orb maximum capacity we currently face - in my proposed model for 6.0 - I'm suggesting the devs give us a 5-orb maximum so that we can delay finishers (only DP currently) for optimization of movement/procs/fight mechanics.

Yes, always - Orb Generators are by far the highest priority for casts - Insanity functions comparably to Mind Flay in terms of priority, despite that it deals double Mind Flays damage (it's still the lowest priority).

Always double-tap Shadow Word: Death now - prior to 5.4 it was worthwhile to game the 6 second Orb generation cooldown on Death by only pressing it once, but they nerfed this behaviour in 5.4 to force us to double-tap. It's not an elegant solution, but it's what we have been given.

Hope that helps!
    Thanks a lot for the help! i really appreciate it.
    so even a casted mind blast and double SW: D is priority over a casted MF: I is what you're saying?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGate View Post
    Thanks a lot for the help! i really appreciate it.
    so even a casted mind blast and double SW: D is priority over a casted MF: I is what you're saying?
    yes, it is better

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    So Question regarding Trinkets.
    Got Black Blood of Y'Shaarj yesterday and well...its shit when used together with UVLS.
    It takes 10 Seconds to stack to maximum, i would refresh dots at 10 seconds to get most spellpower out of it, but UVLS has only a 4 second timeframe.

So i guess its time to switch out UVLS.

Which Trinket would you guys choose? i have megaera trinket HC+TF, and Animus Trinket HC.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    So Question regarding Trinkets.
    Got Black Blood of Y'Shaarj yesterday and well...its shit when used together with UVLS.
    It takes 10 Seconds to stack to maximum, i would refresh dots at 10 seconds to get most spellpower out of it, but UVLS has only a 4 second timeframe.

So i guess its time to switch out UVLS.

Which Trinket would you guys choose? i have megaera trinket HC+TF, and Animus Trinket HC.
    Meg's trinket a thousand times IMO

Meg's trinket is great

Deleted
    So then Garros trinket + megaera? thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we only going for 2pc t16?

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

at what itemlevel do i gem only 320 haste? i get very unlucky and have a lot of spirit+crit items so i barely got to 8085

edit: reckless and energized gems depending on socket bonuses of course, duh
    Last edited by dewd; 2013-10-03 at 11:35 AM.