Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I didn't understand the use of HALO
    could someone explain ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skilloras View Post
    1) when you cast Vampiric Embrace?
    Pick a time when there's a lot of raid damage. Ideally line up with a 3 orb DP for max throughput.

2) what do you do when procs Mind Spike?
    Use it instead of MF; it's pretty low prio though.
    4) What about Void Tendrils?
    Not useful in raid. Use when solo for escaping mobs, or to get some distance on them - a handy thing is to pull a bunch of mobs, tendrils them in place then back off and halo.

Deleted
    thanks bro you help me a lot!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    I was trying to think of a good name to call the first bosses, I was thinking something like Dog Council or Three Dog Night - but Stone Dogs made me think of it

Snoop Doggs! Because they are dogs who are stoned
    I totally jacked that from somebody too. Loved it.

Hmm, I know that BiS lists for certain races aren't really important because they're only relevant to the few.. But human seems much more complicated, with the mace thing and the 103% spirit thing.

Also, I know this is probably a really well known thing, but I haven't played in a while... do I clip dots these days, or wait until they run out? And do I clip MF?

Deleted
    Does Shadowform increase the shadow damage dealt? Yes it does. at least, the damage gets higher in the tooltip when i switch between shadow and holy form.

10+ Year Old Account
    SkillOverKill would you like to add the new intellect food , since, strangely, took me a while to find which is the food i should cook and where to learn the recipes etc.
    A short guide with the best way to acquire the ingredients (no kill farming/planting)

Cooking School - Way of the Pot
    Trainer - Sungshin Ironpaw, Valley of the Four Winds, Halfhill (53.6, 51.2)
    -------------------------------------------------
    Starter Food:
    Swirling Mist Soup | 250 Intellect
    Created by:
    - Jade Lungfish x1
    Obtained through:
    - Fishing in Jade Forest lakes/rivers
    - Sold in stacks of 5 by Nam Ironpaw in Halfhill for 1 Ironpaw Token

Advanced Food:
    Braised Turtle | 275 Intellect
    Created by:
    - Raw Turtle Meat x1
    - Juicycrunch Carrot x5
    Ingredients obtained through:
    Raw Turtle Meat
    Juicycrunch Carrot
    - Sold in stacks of 25 by Nam Ironpaw in Halfhill for 1 Ironpaw Token

Best Food:
    Mogu Fish Stew | 300 Intellect
    Created by:
    - Black Pepper x1
    - Emperor Salmon x5
    - Raw Crocolisk Belly x5
    - Mogu Pumpkin x25
    Ingredients obtained through:
    Black Pepper
    - Sold by Nam Ironpaw in Halfhill for 1 Ironpaw Token per piece
    Emperor Salmon
    - Fishing in Krasarang Wilds/Valley of the Four Wind lakes/rivers.
    Raw Crocolisk Belly
    Mogu Pumpkin
    - Sold in stacks of 25 by Nam Ironpaw in Halfhill for 1 Ironpaw Token

Single Target Spell Priority
    1. Devouring Plague (3 Orb)
    2. Shadow Word: Death
    3. Mind Blast
    4. Shadow Word: Pain
    5. Vampiric Touch
    6. Mindbender
    7. Halo
    8. Mind Flay
    Is this still correct? I read on other sites/guides that keeping your dots up is most important yet here SW: D and Mind Blast are higher priorities. That means you will have moments where your dots are not up and you can't always clip your dots.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casco View Post
    Does Shadowform increase the shadow damage dealt? Yes it does. at least, the damage gets higher in the tooltip when i switch between shadow and holy form.
    Thanks for the answer

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 10:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Is this still correct? I read on other sites/guides that keeping your dots up is most important yet here SW: D and Mind Blast are higher priorities. That means you will have moments where your dots are not up and you can't always clip your dots.
    I haven't actually checked it in months - it may be wrong now. The reason you could be right is that Devouring Plagues damage dropped quite a bit awhile back - and that decreases the priority of Mind Blast and Shadow Word: Death as they were Shadow Orb generators. With that said, dot damage was also nerfed around the same time, so it could end up to be about the same.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 10:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    SkillOverKill would you like to add the new intellect food , since, strangely, took me a while to find which is the food i should cook and where to learn the recipes etc.
    A short guide with the best way to acquire the ingredients (no kill farming/planting)
    Hmmm ya, I could do a whole write-up on int food/flasks/potions
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-10-10 at 10:31 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    SW:P and VT provide around 13-14% of my damage each, mind blast is about 17% and DP is about 20%. So losing a tick of the smaller dots to gain an orb faster still seems like an overall win.

You'd have to sim it to get some hard numbers, but it feels like the faster you generate orbs the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    SW:P and VT provide around 13-14% of my damage each, mind blast is about 17% and DP is about 20%. So losing a tick of the smaller dots to gain an orb faster still seems like an overall win.

You'd have to sim it to get some hard numbers, but it feels like the faster you generate orbs the better.
    Hmm oke. Just started playing priest and I was focusing more on clipping my dots than anything else. I might have been doing it wrong then :P.

Thanks for the answers.

Deleted
    In cata VT was the major dot so keeping dots up was a big deal, since they changed dot damage in mop they're less important. You might see old guides saying that dots are very important for this reason.

Bit of confusion regarding haste breakpoints here.

I usually look to this site or HowtoPriest for guides on how to gear/reforge and learn priority orders and such and they've never steered me wrong as far as I know.

This useful table I found on HowtoPriest (http://www.howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1748) clearly defines the various breakpoints between DoTs

Noxxic however tells me to shoot for 19.03%

I'm just a little confused as Noxxic's numbers are not the same as H2P's.
    Or am I being a little bit dense and missing something obvious?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbsy999 View Post
    Bit of confusion regarding haste breakpoints here.

I usually look to this site or HowtoPriest for guides on how to gear/reforge and learn priority orders and such and they've never steered me wrong as far as I know.

This useful table I found on HowtoPriest (http://www.howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1748) clearly defines the various breakpoints between DoTs

Noxxic however tells me to shoot for 19.03%

I'm just a little confused as Noxxic's numbers are not the same as H2P's.
    Or am I being a little bit dense and missing something obvious?
    It's the same. What you're not seeing is that Noxxic isn't including Mind Quickening when they say 19.03%, but when HTP says 24.03% it is counting Mind Quickening (5%).

So, of course 19.03% + 5% = 24.03%. Or to put it another way, 19.03% haste times 425 haste rating per 1% haste is 8085 haste rating - which is what my guide suggests gearing to as well

Personally I'd just say Noxxic (never heard of them until now) is just being confusing by saying 19.03% - it's much clearer to either say 24.03% (which HTP does) or to say 8085 haste rating (which I do).

Hope that helps! ^^

That does help. Especially considering Mind Quickening is always up.
    Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    and by 19.03%+5%=24.03%, SkillOverKill actually means 1.19*1.05=1.2497 = 24.97%.
    {[( )]}

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aica View Post
    and by 19.03%+5%=24.03%, SkillOverKill actually means 1.19*1.05=1.2497 = 24.97%.
    Right! ^^

It was 7am and I stayed up all last night, wasn't thinking ><

Deleted
    I have seen 2 different numbers for that haste cap for goblins, one was 7660 and one was 7890, can anyone confirm either ? seems like it should be 7660.
    Last edited by mmoce6cdec159e; 2012-10-12 at 11:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    I have seen 2 different numbers for that haste cap for goblins, one was 7660 and one was 7890, can anyone confirm either ? seems like it should be 7660.
    Well, 1% haste is 425 haste rating, so 8085 - 425 is 7660. So that explains where that number is showing up from - its just someone doing quick napkin math. But actually, haste is multiplicative - so it should be slightly lower than 7660: 7585 should do it. Not sure where 7890 came from but definitely wrong, that's only 195 haste rating which is about half a percent.

I can't think how someone would get 7890 though.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-10-12 at 11:49 PM.

Mind sear got buffed

Cascade also got buffed