Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    in #1, you delay MB orbs by 1 GCD, and SW:D orbs by two GCDs
    in #2, you delay SW:D orbs by 1 GCD, and MB orbs by two GCDs
    in #3, you don't delay SW:D orbs at all, and delay MB by two GCDs.

#3 gives you a net gain in orb production.

This is why it's rarely useful to think of SW:D as anything but a single spell that takes two GCDs to cast, unless you're sniping orbs off dying adds.
    Last edited by Aica; 2012-11-15 at 09:58 PM.
    {[( )]}

Deleted
    Yes, you're right. The third option looks like the best one. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a way with power auras to notify you 2 seconds before VP and SWP are about to fall off?

Quote Originally Posted by volcy View Post
    Is there a way with power auras to notify you 2 seconds before VP and SWP are about to fall off?
    I used to use PowerAuras... And then I went to WeakAuras. Try it man, much better, much more control, especially with timers on dots and buffs. You can make them flash and glow and grow and what not to alert you of things like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course, that doesn't help answer his question.

Power Auras has an option in the timer section to not show timers until X seconds remaining. You could make a couple new timers for each spell for this.
    {[( )]}

I recently obtained Malevolent Gladiator's Badge of Dominance which I was pursuing for sole PvP purpose, but I've been asking myself, could it adequately replace Zen Alchemist Stone in PvE. I know that the badge has PvP power instead of static Intellect, and that's a big downside for PvE.

I've ran some numbers (not sure if they are true), but over the course of a 8 minute fight, I'd get to use the badge 4 times, which would give me 4*20*5,105=408,400 Spell power in total.

On the other hand, the Stone gives me 320 more Intellect from a flask all the time, and has a chance to proc 4041 Intellect every 55 seconds for 15 seconds, which would grant me a total of 320*480 + 8*4,041*15 = 638,520 Spell power in total.

From the sole numbers, the Stone beats the Badge by ~50%, but the badge gives me more control when and how I want to use that extra Spell power, and I'm wondering if that is reason enough to use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    afaik the 320 Intellect from Flasks is a Profession bonus and does require Alchemist trinkets to be equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    afaik the 320 Intellect from Flasks is a Profession bonus and does require Alchemist trinkets to be equipped.
    I know, but I'm not sure what you're getting at. I'm Herbalist/Alchemist btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopina View Post
    On the other hand, the Stone gives me 320 more Intellect from a flask all the time, and has a chance to proc 4041 Intellect every 55 seconds for 15 seconds, which would grant me a total of 320*480 + 8*4,041*15 = 638,520 Spell power in total.
    This seems to indicate you were calculating 320 Int from a flask into the value you were assigning to the Stone. You still get the 320 Int if you are not using that Stone. As such it should not be calculated into value of the Stone for comparative purposes with other trinket options.

To directly answer your question: No, the PvP trinket will not replace the Stone. I would like to draw your attention to this for future reference.
    http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1616

Even though the PvP trinket does not appear on there the Stone does at #12:
    Zen Alchemist Stone (450)
    Alchemy
    1206.4488 = 888.5065 + 134.25 + 183.6923 {Mastery-to-Haste}
    You can calculate the value of the PvP trinket at [5105 * (20 / 120)] = 850.83 PP

That would put it below the last trinket on the list:
    Ghost Iron Dragonling (450)
    Engineering
    880.08 = 257.94 + 244.38 + 377.76
    +600 Hit, +600 Crit, and +600 Mastery Cogwheels Included

Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Did you meant to write "does not" ? Because you definitely get the bonus without an alch trinket equipped.

Edit: Yeah, just read your post below that quote, most likely a typo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by andremello View Post
    Did you meant to write "does not" ? Because you definitely get the bonus without an alch trinket equipped.

Edit: Yeah, just read your post below that quote, most likely a typo.
    Yeah, I typo a decent amount.

Has anyone looked into the recent hotfix buff of divine star to see how it compares to Halo at all. Wondering for a spriest in my guild as some fights aren't always good for being able to get to range for halo. If the damage is comparable it might be another option for single target damage or when things are grouped up tight.

Priest

Divine Star now deals 40% more damage and 133% more healing, and its radius has been reduced by 33%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hurray, Divine Star is worth casting over Mind Flay single target now!

Divine Star now does 25% more DPS than Halo at optimal range, but needs to be cast 2.7 times more frequently. It'll definitely be the spell of choice for encounters where you can't get to optimal ranges. I haven't had the time to figure out the exact distance you'd want to switch between the two.
    {[( )]}

Deleted
    Hm, from reading the shadow priest guides on Manaflask, MMO-Rig and here i still wonder about clipping. I started playing my priest a little bit just recently and realized i LOVE it, but do we clip the dots at all? And how do you know when to clip mindflay? Sorry for the lazy question, but yeah..

10+ Year Old Account
    Question:
    Should I Clip MF to cast higher priority spells?

Answer:
    Yes, always. You should be using Gnosis as your castbar. It will have ticks marked out for MF. You want to start casting the new spell immediately after a tick. If this is the first MF you've cast you'll want to Clip after the second tick.
    http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1701#faq

resubbed today. so does mind flay not reset sw: p anymore?
    Last edited by vazar_da_priest; 2012-12-09 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vazar_da_priest View Post
    resubbed today. so does mind flay not reset sw: p anymore?
    Shadow Word: Pain is basically a non-target-limited Devouring Plague now. Instant damage portion DoT (spammable), that is cast for its own decently sized benefit rather than passive rolling damage via mindflay.

Given its interaction with Divine Insight or (optionally), Shadow Word: insanity, it feels a much more active part of Shadow's playstyle. At least, "that's just like your opinion"--the dude.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    I've been playing around in SimC with my Shadow Priest, and no matter what I do (talents, movement fights) crit always sims higher than haste.
    Does crit surpass haste at some point, or is SimC just not working for Shadow Priests as of now?

Deleted
    I always got the same results as you turskanaattori until I got the Tier 14 2 pieces bonus. Now haste sims higher than crit and mastery. Do you have the 2 pieces bonus?