Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    You're also getting other secondary stats. Just because haste is best doesn't mean other stats are worthless. In fact, secondary stats are usually close in value according to my sims.
    Haste isn't best. After 14.8k of it all stats have the same value.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    Hey guys,

i've got a quick question regarding trinkets.
    I own a UVLS LFR, Breath of the Hydra LFR, Yulons Bite 496 from timeless isle and the 522 Shado Pan valor trinket.
    All trinkets are upgraded twice.

Which combination of these is best? Mrrobot tells me to use both LFR trinkets but im really not sure about that.

Deleted
    Ahh, didnt see that one. Thank you very much!

Is worth changing my flex shoulder for the lfr tier? this will be my 2p.

Deleted
    @ Masterik

which shoulders do you currently have, the tier shoulders are well itemised. what ilvl are you and do you have the purified bindings trinket?

on the face of it though, yes it would be worth the swap

Quote Originally Posted by BarryManaLow View Post
    @ Masterik

which shoulders do you currently have, the tier shoulders are well itemised. what ilvl are you and do you have the purified bindings trinket?

on the face of it though, yes it would be worth the swap
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=104810, 540 and no, i dont have that trinket Q_Q.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it worth getting 4set if it means replacing a heroic reforged helmet with normal tier? The other piece I'd be replacing are normal glvoes so I wouldn't see much from that.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

im wondering the same as the question above. i got heroic warforged shoulders(spirit/haste) and heroic legs from juggernaut(haste/mastery) that i could double upgrade. but id be replacing normal double upgraded tier shoulders and legs. id also be using heroic warforged bracers(spirit/mastery) that i got as well that i would double upgrade too.

so my question is : how important is the 4p when i can have 3 heroic pieces(2 heroic warforged) i can swap in?
    Last edited by kaamila; 2013-11-13 at 04:57 PM.

So the guides are not super clear on refreshing dots with procs. If you put up a dot and 1 second later get a buff is it always worth it to refresh?

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for the slow response time, final papers time - doing my masters - not foruming enough!

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Is it worth getting 4set if it means replacing a heroic reforged helmet with normal tier? The other piece I'd be replacing are normal glvoes so I wouldn't see much from that.
    It's going to change slightly depending on whether you are using Divine Insight (more orbs = more DPs = more 4set effect), and if you are in an add fight (=more Death orbs). It's hard to say beyond that though - the 4p bonus is only worth about ~1500 dps, and that's going to be about the same as the jump in item level for you (from normal to heroic warforged on a hat).

Personally, and this is entirely subjective, I'd use the 4p just for the big hits - because it is pretty - not because it is necessarily a damage gain. The damage gain in either direction will be neglible and fight specific (DI and Death Orbs will be the deciding factor).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    im wondering the same as the question above. i got heroic warforged shoulders(spirit/haste) and heroic legs from juggernaut(haste/mastery) that i could double upgrade. but id be replacing normal double upgraded tier shoulders and legs. id also be using heroic warforged bracers(spirit/mastery) that i got as well that i would double upgrade too.

so my question is : how important is the 4p when i can have 3 heroic pieces(2 heroic warforged) i can swap in?
    The set bonuses aren't super amazing this tier, and the item level jumps are huge - so the general rule should be "whatever has the highest item level is best". Ditch the bonus, stack item level IMO (unless you like pretty big numbers). In your case as opposed to Ramen, you have multiple upgrades to factor here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mzmz View Post
    ty for the guide
    Thanks! ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    So the guides are not super clear on refreshing dots with procs. If you put up a dot and 1 second later get a buff is it always worth it to refresh?
    Generally it's not worth recasting unless you get a really, really exceptional proc chain. For example - I often DoT before all my procs are up, so let's say base stats are like 50k sp, 40% haste, 40% mastery, 30% crit - you cast that on the pull, then your SP procs go off, bloodlust, haste procs, mastery, w/e - and suddenly you are at 90k spellpower, 200% haste, 50% mastery, 35% crit - ok, time to recast Even then you can probably leave the bad dots up for ~8 seconds before you recast and recast (8s later) before all the 10s duration procs drop.

DoT recasts in previous expansions were very important to us - in MoP our dots are such a trivial portion of our damage that it is only significant if you are like doubling or more the effective damage of the DoTs: and only if you are exchanging Mind Flay (filler) GCDs for those casts. Hope that helps!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Kk thanks! New to sp still leveling but this will help

I really liked the General logic of stat priorities at various gear levels part! I wish the ele sham guide had something like this!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallenstar View Post
    I really liked the General logic of stat priorities at various gear levels part! I wish the ele sham guide had something like this!
    Thanks!

That was helpful, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Generally it's not worth recasting unless you get a really, really exceptional proc chain. For example - I often DoT before all my procs are up, so let's say base stats are like 50k sp, 40% haste, 40% mastery, 30% crit - you cast that on the pull, then your SP procs go off, bloodlust, haste procs, mastery, w/e - and suddenly you are at 90k spellpower, 200% haste, 50% mastery, 35% crit - ok, time to recast Even then you can probably leave the bad dots up for ~8 seconds before you recast and recast (8s later) before all the 10s duration procs drop.

DoT recasts in previous expansions were very important to us - in MoP our dots are such a trivial portion of our damage that it is only significant if you are like doubling or more the effective damage of the DoTs: and only if you are exchanging Mind Flay (filler) GCDs for those casts. Hope that helps!
    But would you recommend using affdots(priest edition)? If so when to recast, since I don't see my stats all the time

And another thing which, for me atleast, seems like a personal game. Alot of ppl going back from 18.2k haste to 14.8k and then "even" out crit/mastery. Is this dependend to set bonuses? I'm asking because yesterday I was finally able to reach the 18.2k and now I see ppl dropping this back to 35%. Is there any thumb formulae on when to switch to crit/mastery?

Deleted
    after so many reforges simcrafts etc i realize that in shadow nothing really worth....so as personal playstyle i am at 14.8 haste and full mastery found this 1:1 ratio not working so well as the full mastery does and 4 set bonus....god help this spec !!!
    Last edited by mmoca9d2f0f895; 2013-12-04 at 06:53 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mpougatsa View Post
    after so many reforges simcrafts etc i realize that in shadow nothing really worth....so as personal playstyle i am at 14.8 haste and full mastery found this 1:1 ratio not working so well as the full mastery does and 4 set bonus....god help this spec !!!
    A full mastery build? I haven't tried that, what % mastery can you get up to?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    A full mastery build? I haven't tried that, what % mastery can you get up to?
    i am at 46.5 mastery,20.08 crit and dp3...but its personal style doesnt mean its correct but srs this 1:1 crit/mastery ratio found it really weird from the first time i see it and dont think work better than full mastery buid ( DP3 always )