Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I played through the game on normal, haven't started on the next difficulty yet, but....isn't that about what Diablo and Diablo 2 both were? Just replaying the same game on harder difficulties until people were just replaying the same difficulty over and over, then playing the expansion over and over?

It's not like you have true patches with new stories and new "final villains" right? I never actually played Diablo 2, but I did play the original and now 3 and...I just don't quite get what the huge difference is. Was Diablo 2 such a vastly different game?
    The point of playing a diablo game is to farm and grind and get better gear and having that sense of accomplishment without sacrificing to much and the feeling of gearing your character without using an auction house/RMAH. To me blizzard just killed the longevity of the game by adding the AH. There is no sense of challenge in D3 but D2 nailed it by using hostility on online games and using the ladder (hostility is when you can fight other players on an online game anywhere). D2 has great pvp and if u die then it sucked but that was also fun because then you could farm for more gear and get better each time. D3 just has way to much useless and boring skills on all classes which is stupid. In D2 you could focus on a skill and level it up and make it better than all the other skills.

See where im going with this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple fact is, if you are going to over hype a game for yourself, it will be a failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. But I do have some problems with it, like drop rates of legendary/sets being too low, lack of pvp (which they're working on), lack of light radius and general creepy attention-drawing feel. Through patches, though, I'm sure blizz will make it the game a lot of people thought it was going to be.

It didn't fail, but it wasn't a memorable experience either. It was good enough.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardi View Post
    I don't think D3 failed. In fact, it delivers a good chunk of fun and replayability. And to those who keep saying D2 was better... Well, it was not. D2 was "better" after several patches and an expansion - Base product was short and shallow! So before rising in arms, at least give them time to polish the game, and maybe release new content.
    dude we have given them many years to polish and make more content but they still didnt deliver and i think people are upset because of this. Blizzard spent way to much time on a game that on this caliber right now shouldnt take to long

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 04:36 PM ----------

i would like to see blizzard remove the auction house, remove MF and GF, make items less important, make it so that you can spend where your stat points go when you lvl so then it would bring much more customization because lets say if a barb wanted to just be wall of muscle, he could just spend it into vit, and i want to see a ladder and have hostility. I just fixed almost all of the problems there but i probably missed a few but wat evs

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Quite simple actually :

Diablo 3 doesn't have, nor will ever have, the replay value of D2 which is still played to this day (12 years later).

Gameplay wise the game is good, but lacks many of the aspects that made Diablo 2 a phenomenal game.

Yes, Diablo 3 is worth 60$\€\£.
    No, it will not be as successful as Diablo 2 was\is.

That's what people don't realize. In diablo 2 you took months to get top gear, after trading, long long hours to reach 99, bla bla. Diablo 3 can be 'finished' in less then a week, and gear is easy to find with the AH. So, people are reaching 'game over' status real fast, with no real interest in replaying it, because well, it's just the same.
    ^ This pretty much ^

Two classes on inferno in D3, other 3 classes over level 30. Still had not played every class through normal in D2 with similar play times. The AH made geraing way too easy, which made the content way too easy. Also the lack of "talent trees" in D3 means leveling a 2nd toon of a class will be an identical experience, while trees gave D2 essentially 3x the number of classes.

D3 is a great game by most measures, defiantely not a "failure", but I think a few tweaks in design would have made it WAY better.

10+ Year Old Account
    It occupied me for 100 hours, then I got bored. I can dump more time into single-player rpgs because I like the story. D3 story is nice and all but it is very very short, I play rpgs for story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SteakAndAlePie View Post
    When Diablo 2 launched everyone hated on it the same way Diablo 3 is hated on right now.
    The problems in D2 were easily fixable and everyone understood and blizzard knew how to fix it.
    In D3 blizzard made to much big mistakes that its just not worth trying to fix it any more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    I think alot of you saw the world "failed" and went nuts. The topic is about why do people think it failed. Not that it failed, because it frankly didn fail at all. It was a hit, and whether you wanted to play it for 6 years or not is besides the point.
    Yeah on a business POV

I've stopped playing it. When the AH became a necessity to advance I realised that the thought into this game had deviated from the game itself into ways of spinning more money after a sale. I'll probably play it a bit again when my brother gets an internet connection again but until then I don't see me picking it up.
    RETH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    So now that blizzard has openly admitted its lacking endgame ive got to ask the question. What are people expecting out of diablo 3? I just dont get what some people were expecting from this game. I honestly dont get what even blizzard was expecting at this point.

Were you expecting an mmo?

Were you expecting a game you could play for 12 hours a day for 6 years straight?

I expected D3 to be like any other game, you play it for a while and beat it, it isnt an mmo with eternal gameplay. Sure you can fire it up once in a while and go through a couple of the difficulties (which is its replay value to me), but in my mind D3 shouldnt sustain your gaming habits eternally.

I feel like the gear grind is like maxing out your chars in any final fantasy game. Its fun but its for people who just want something else to do to make their gameplay last a little longer, and it should have an ending point.

Im really sorry for all the poeple who expected that D3 would last longer than it did for them. But really i just dont get why people are so angry about what is essentially a single player game
    Never touched a diablo game but from what ive seen in my friends list is that it was played like hell the first month then it went down hill like that.

Deleted
    it didn't fail.

some people just expected too much, which is never a good thing and ruins your gaming experience.

It "failed" to the fans.

Blizzard is laughing now at its huge success.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Ghul;17445064]i was always telling people in the d3 forums to calm the f. down and chill until the release of the game. hyping it up will never -ever- give you a satisfactory endresult.. and see what they have now ~~

i never let myself get hyped and im pretty fine with how the game turned out. its actually the only game im willing to play right now, so thats kind of a good sign there. i already tried to find several other titles to get me hooked for a bit, but i always went back to d3. its smooth playstyle simply cant be beaten by any other current game.[COLOR="red"]

Dude you cant expect everyone that is excited for D3 to not have or have little hype for the game. Blizzard was taking to long with the game and thus lots of hype went through. Its not the audiences fault its blizzards; and blizzard like is said had way to much time and if a game a company had a decade to make a game it would surely be 10x better than D3

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 05:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MugenNoKaze View Post
    it did not fail imo and it was like I expected it to be
    Diablo 1 experience is gone. I was expecting Diablo 3 not to live up to my expectations and so im ok with it.
    So I can say it lived up to my expectations of not expecting much from it :P
    So you are saying that a game that took many many years to make has to have low expectations to be good? To me that game sounds pretty shitty if i didnt know what D3 was

What killed D3 for me is the AH. I dont actually play the game, I play an AH simulator. Yeah I could farm my stuff and just use what I get, but since blizz balanced the game and the droprates around the AH this is simply no option.

The itemhunt is boring because of multiple things:
    1) The itemsystem is so dumbed down, most of the time you are just looking for the same stats in higher numbers
    2) Legendaries are garbage, i dont even get excited anymore I see one drop
    3) Instead of Gems and Runewords, we now have just gems where every class has his fixed one to socket.

Combine that with medicore storytelling, short acts and hardly randomized, small areas and you have why it failed for me.
    Last edited by Faldric; 2012-07-13 at 09:36 AM.

Deleted
    It failed in the way that it was the successor to an extremely successful game in it's time, but failed to come close to how good Diablo 2 was by a long shot, and thus many people were extremely disappointed.

Even before ladder resets in Diablo 2 I had been putting in long hours every day for about a year or so straight. This was back in the days of dial-up internet. Yeah, my phone bill was massive.

For me personally you can't even compare Diablo 3 at launch with Diablo 2 at launch simply because Diablo 2 was such a superior game. And was only made better with patches and expansions. I hope that Diablo 3 can get close with future patches and upcoming expansions. But I sincerely doubt they can manage it. They've had too much of a mental shift over at Blizzard HQ, they don't value the same gameplay principles that they used to. They've gotten too big and they've got to please shareholders. Which as we can see over the past few years leads to some quite crappy decisions.

ta all IDIOTS out there calling this game a huge success and sayin "woooo its fastest selling PC game of all time herp derp". madonna has sold more than 300 million records so far but that doesnt mean shes a good singer right? GET THAT? this is not even a game this is an ebay simulator with a very very little gameplay feature in it. and now blizzard is left with a scar on their face which will stay there for the rest of their lives. what a shame, could have been a great game...

Diablo 3 didn't fail.

Just i'm not having the good times i expected to.

Played over 200 hours - yeah, it's a pretty long time for a game.
    Classes were fun, also liked a lot the talent system.

But it is pointless. I like to farm, but it takes just too long to just log in and start to do it. The NV stacks thing has become old so fast.
    Even artificially prologing the game not using AH, still it doesn't deliver.

Simply, Diablo 3 hasn't kept me on it enough. I really hoped for a longer addiction - PvP won't bring anything good and will make D3 totally pay2win since the ones with the better gear from AH will be raping other who cannot afford it or didn't drop shit.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Why D3 failed? Simple.

Randomized items or better, the whole concept was not pleasing at all. There's no motivation to "farm" because there's no way to farm. It's lottery, nothing more. So basically people just dont like spending 200+ hours in the game but find nothing useful something that is worth a couple of millions. So that is, in a nutshell, why D3 failed mainly. There are other things, too. But that's more the tip of an iceberg.

Game failed due to not offering offline mode, due to RMAH and due to the god awful loot system.

It didn't fail on initial launch but you ll see the impact on its expansions and future blizzard releases. I am not paying a single euro for d3 expansions at least and will seriously consider buying the SC2 expansions original or not cause i feel kinda insulted from D3.

Extremely mediocre game doesn't do a single thing perfect. Expect maybe frustrating people.
    Last edited by MarizzaDraenor; 2012-07-13 at 10:42 AM.