Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    My reason for disliking it was because it had no replay-ability. Diablo 2 was my all time favorite game so I was expecting this to blow it away. They made so many changes to the core Diablo system that just didn't make sense to me. Talent trees are a lot of fun for me but they took them out of Diablo and Warcraft. They almost made waypoints useless because of how you can only play by following the linear storyline. You have no freedom in that game, you are forced to play it one way.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    What he said, also Minecraft comes to mind, perhaps not as much anymore but Counter-Strike a few years back, probably has more than 2 million still. I'm sure there are many more that doesn't come to mind here and now.

And btw, I'm not bashing the game, this is a thread about Diablo 3's success or lack there of hence I'm discussing it. If I where bashing it I'd make posts similar to BenBos just from the opposite state of mind.
    It was a sucess, to say any different is clearly bashing it.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    It was a sucess, to say any different is clearly bashing it.
    While I agree with the statement that it was a "success", that's a ludicrous statement to make. If someone makes the claim that it failed without any solid evidence, I would agree with you, but...if they're like, you know, using evidence and logic, you can't say that.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    While I agree with the statement that it was a "success", that's a ludicrous statement to make. If someone makes the claim that it failed without any solid evidence, I would agree with you, but...if they're like, you know, using evidence and logic, you can't say that.
    It didn't fail. A few people qq'd it wasnt exactly like diablo 2. They really need to stop being so butthurt and move on.

It's been a while since I've played D3, let alone D2, but isn't this accurate? I don't remember much choice in D2.
    Even if we took this at face value, D3 still suffers from the massive issue that you are limited in how many skills you get to use at the same time, and some of them are just too good to pass up.

Personally, I don't understand why they feel it's necessary to prevent people from using whatever skills they want at whatever time they want, uninhibited by caps. You'd still be limited by resources and opportunity cost, so what's the problem? It makes the game more complicated... but so what? That makes the game deeper and raises the skillcap, which is good, isn't it?
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Having gotten Diablo 3 as part of my Annual Pass (and thusly, for free) I don't personally see it as a failure, but if I paid money for it, and from Blizzards point of view, things just didn't go to plan!

Certain things about the game are just so obviously flawed, the inclusion of the RMAH for example I feel has destroyed a section of the game, while the stat system on armour is at best, appalling. Duelling & PvP should've been in the game since day #1, and many other features and fixes that have come since, all feel more like catching up to the launch, rather then releasing of new, exciting content.

The story was okay, I loved parts, and others not so much. Overall, it hasn't gone to plan. Diablo 3 will always be available for me to pop into and play around for a whole weekend when I'm bored, but then i'll leave it alone for 4 months, only to spurge myself on it again for another weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    It didn't fail. A few people qq'd it wasnt exactly like diablo 2. They really need to stop being so butthurt and move on.
    Great argument there champ, how many are these 'few' and where does one find their manifesto claiming they wanted it to be exactly like D2? Perhaps you should stop being so butthurt over the fact that some people disliked the game and like to have a discussion as to why it failed in their eyes.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2013-04-17 at 02:07 PM.

I tried to love the game, I really did. It, however, has been a year and the arena system which they demoed at Blizzcon for several years prior to release has been scrapped all together from what I can tell. I always come back to play the new patch and see all of the improvements, but I've come to realize that stat adjustment won't fix all of the problems. Itemization is fucking garbage, AH has caused numerous problems, the progression is linear so that you are locked in an ever repeating storyline. Don't get me wrong, I liked Groundhog Day, but Billy Murry killed himself more than once for a fucking reason! No matter how I attempt to psyche myself up I just know I'm going to locked in the story doing the same runs over and over. That would be find if random existed in this game. All of the environments in this game, the feel, the look, really just push me from that. I thought the tile sets were a good idea when I first heard about them, but they aren't. I don't know how testing didn't show this to be so. The outside world is very small and too predictable. I can walk into any dungeon and immediately find the exit without exploring 70% of it. And the developers can swoop in and say all the buzzwords that they want. They can claim their "illusion of choice", when in fact the only illusion I recall was a working boss fatality kill, turns out that was a scripted illusion. Trillions of builds? I can't believe they had the audacity to say such. Maybe 6 working builds per class, and 1-2 during the first 4 months. Their skill system is a bust, their itemization is shit, and nothing on any of the gear matters besides CC chance and CC dmg. I don't even want to get started on the quality of the story... Blizzard has lost its fucking way.

Deleted
    Becuase people are not happy when they cannot QQ

There are still a lot of players (more than GW2 has are active in D3) and everything is working fine, the game itself is beside the AH absolutely okay.

People are dumb nowadays. Nothing more, nothing else. Theye HATE successful things. Because they are stupid hipsters I guess.

Why does everyone blindly believe everything Blizzard says?

Blizzard is a large, publicly traded company. They are all very dishonest.

If I told you Exxon, McDonalds, and Microsoft always told the truth you'd laugh hysterically, and yet so many of you seem to believe every single number or claim put forth by Blizzard.

They lie, they do it all the damn time.

They aren't your friend of your buddy, they are a company selling a product and they'll do anything they can to maximize their revenue, and if that means lying, they'll do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    And how and/or why, exactly, is this "blindly" believing? I'm not defending them so I can have their babies, I'm defending them because I enjoyed their game.
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2013-04-17 at 10:00 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And how and/or why, exactly, is this "blindly" believing? I'm not defending them so I can have their babies, I'm defending them because I enjoyed their game.
    Well least your not forcing your opinion like that one guy thankfully.

Deleted
    it failed becouse there was no necromancer /thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post

Blizzard is a large, publicly traded company. They are all very dishonest.
    You can't put BS in your quarterly statements to the shareholders.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    You can't put BS in your quarterly statements to the shareholders.
    No but you can disguise the truth, use positive wording, manipulate numbers to tell the story you want to tell and so on, again I reference Blizzards definition of 'subscriber' as evidence of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    No but you can disguise the truth, use positive wording, manipulate numbers to tell the story you want to tell and so on, again I reference Blizzards definition of 'subscriber' as evidence of this.
    The problem though is that the 2012 yearly revenue for Blizzard alone stood at 1.61 BILLION dollars... (not even counting the Activision part).

So unless Blizzard is into some illegal Columbian drug dealing it IS money coming directly from their cash cows...

And btw those figures for stock holders ... are audited by at least 3 independant auditors of which the Deutsche Bank is just one ...

Jesus, you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Jesus, you're wrong.
    I'm not Jesus, I know I'm awesome and all but that's taking it a bit to far, you might offend some religious people trying to claim I'm him.

The problem though is that the 2012 yearly revenue for Blizzard alone stood at 1.61 BILLION dollars... (not even counting the Activision part).
    Don't see why you would call it a problem, think the word you where looking for was 'irrelevant' to describe what you just said, as it has nothing to do with what I said...

As for the rest, I'm sure those 3 auditors are well aware of Blizzards positive language and what numbers mean what, it's not those 3 they use the language for, it's for the investors who don't know shit about online gaming and MMOs in the first place. The once that will go 'ohhh' when they hear 10 million subscribers and think that's great when in fact the number that pay a subscription fee is much lower than that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I doubt it "failed". I sold 6 million copies - but forums are much more present than they were at the release of Diablo 2. There is a much more vocal part of the community and much more an opportunity for unhappy players to get on their soapboxes.
    And it's the unhappy players which are the most vocal. Hence, people who complain online don't really prove anything.

And btw those figures for stock holders ... are audited by at least 3 independant auditors of which the Deutsche Bank is just one ...

Jesus, you're wrong.
    these would be the same auditors that told us that all the financial products sold before 2008 were just fine? the same ones that keep telling us banks are completely fine, weeks before they go to their governments to get massive bailouts?

sure, go ahead and believe everything auditors tell you. good luck with that.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Deleted
    For me the game failed pretty damn hard!
    But first of all, if one person still plays diablo2 the game is still played so thats not a great argument! It sold alot of units, it can still be a failure, the word you seek is success. On to the game

No endgame, YES i expect a real ENDGAME even if diablo2 didnt have it, i dont care if it is a sequel, diablo2 was released 12years ago, i assume the world goes on and not backwards. What kind of gameplay? Survival mode>hunt mode, SOMETHING which u dont have to play the mainstory, something for you to not even ENTER that storymode crap, no npcs (well maybe new npcs for the new mode) but you get it. You build your character, then you move onto the endgame mode or w.e it is, maybe even with a ladder. Something which is alot of skills, like geometrywars2, something in that direction would be so much fun "its all about killing demonds", they said so themself but they didnt go with it.....

Soo here we are, playing through the game normal>nightmare>hell and so on. So outdated in someway, blizzzzard do this.......

Ok, lets talk about items. PLAY THE GAME FOR ITEMS!!!! Look, this weapon has 25 more strength than the weapon i have , WOOOW so much fun right, no variation on items even, just better normal stats, boring and bad design

So much potential, but they didnt go through with it at ALL!!!!!! the game failed IN MY OPINION HARD!!!!