Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I'd hate it, so good on Blizzard for not caving. Believe me, most people can get a legendary with great ease nowadays, especially when the highly sought after glaives are a complete joke to get now. The last time I went in there, I was screwing around and a few other people tagged along. Cleared the entire place easily. The argument of saying, hey, let's let people who only got it during BC be allowed to mog it is ridiculous. It would be almost as bad as the real ID threads that took place I bet. Too many people would complain. Just leave it as is and if you want to use them, equip them and stand around to "show" them off all you want. Not that it matters, no one cares anymore if you have them.

If someone has taken the time to farm them, I don't see why they shouldn't be allow to Xmog them. It's still gonna take time to farm the damn things.

My main problem with legendaries is that they show enchants i got my lovely daggers and all i can see is landslide. They will cave eventually and let us mog them. Would be nice thou.

Even if you go back and farm them in old content every week it still takes time not like they drop all the dam time, i know a lot of people who been clearing MC every week for 1+years and never seen a single binding or eye.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    You can't make a chart based on the drop rate of an item that few people have been motivated to get thus far, the numbers dont match up at all. I'm sorry they don't.

If 1,000 people have an item out of a million that have made a slight attempt at getting it, the numbers will not be the same is suddenly 8 million people are trying to get it. Nevermind the fact that EVER person could feasibly get it the first time they kill the boss.
    There's no way in hell that all players will suddenly flock MC, BT, SW, Uld, ICC for legendaries.
    Can you name one event where entire playerbase made a rate race in which they gotten out of their way to get something? No I dont think so.
    Also legendaries have low drop chance to begin with. If some manage to get it on first try... okay more luck to them. But how is that realistically possible that all 8 million players will suddenly drop current content and devote themselves to get those items? I say impossible.

---------- Post added 2012-07-10 at 06:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    I'd hate it, so good on Blizzard for not caving. Believe me, most people can get a legendary with great ease nowadays, especially when the highly sought after glaives are a complete joke to get now. The last time I went in there, I was screwing around and a few other people tagged along. Cleared the entire place easily. The argument of saying, hey, let's let people who only got it during BC be allowed to mog it is ridiculous. It would be almost as bad as the real ID threads that took place I bet. Too many people would complain. Just leave it as is and if you want to use them, equip them and stand around to "show" them off all you want. Not that it matters, no one cares anymore if you have them.
    Your post is full of contradictions and missinterpretations:
    1) First you claim that everyone could get it (implication you care) and at the end of the post you claim no one cares. Make up your mind?
    2) Just because everyone will have it easy to clear the raid doesnt mean everyone will be lucky. Illidan sword's 6% drop chance is not there just for shows... it means something.
    Last edited by mmocac96309fe0; 2012-07-10 at 06:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, you guys are assuming that people with the legendaries will automatically use them.

Warglaives are pretty much out of the question, being MH/OH weapons to begin with, and swords at that. Most of the rest of them will be purely based on the current tier. If 2h Axes aren't available/viable/BiS, nobody will be using Shadowmourne or Val'anyr for healer maces. Sure, the bow will basically always be available to hunters, but seriously, have you seen that thing? It just doesn't GO with anything lol. And as far as the Rag Hammer goes, they re-used that texture, and I've seen but maybe 2 people since transmog was launched that actually use it.

That's the other thing. Sure, immediately after being viable for transmog, everyone and their dog will be using legendaries. But the fad will die away and people will go back to using things that best match their set, or tier, or both. To me, the mere fact that blizzard is preventing us from using legendaries is completely blowing this whole issue out of proportion. I'd bet money that had they been available since launch, people would've bitched about it for a couple of weeks until everyone stopped using them anyway, and the subject would be dead. Instead, blizzard pretty much keeps beating the proverbial dead horse when they release shit like 'yeah, legendaries still won't be transmog'able' and I bet they'll continue to do this every few months, just to keep these stupid, silly arguments going.

I personally have several of the legendaries now, and I can tell you, I wouldn't use a single one of them. Even if somehow blizz released a MH/OH sword combo in MoP, I wouldn't use my glaives. They clash too much with my outfit >< Same for the rest of them. You'd basically have to build a transmog set JUST to match your weapons, or run around with weapons that look like shit with your set just to say, 'hey, look, I have a legendary!'

Like I said in my last post in this thread, people ALREADY run around town with their legendaries equipped. There would be absolutely zero difference if they were transmog'able, other than seeing them in groups and instances. ONOZ, someone on another server has a legendary! Blasphemy! -.-;
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Again, you guys are assuming that people with the legendaries will automatically use them.

Warglaives are pretty much out of the question, being MH/OH weapons to begin with, and swords at that.
    You do know that MH and OH classifications are going away and all becoming One Handed in MoP right? Its why i went and got the damn bladefist in the first place lol.

Out of my legendaries, i will probably use my thunderfury on my dk simply because i remember the npc during the netherwing chain in shadowmoon valley that duel wields them anyway! Hand of rag is a bit ugly, but will use it if i get a 2h mace simply because not much else around and chances are i would get bored of it, prefer my armaggeddon from Naxx too much :3. Shadowmourne i again would use on an axe, but then i prefer the black soul cleaver pvp axe myself.

Glaives i would use with full t2 gear on my rouge because ive been after those puppies since BC!

Val'nir, sure i would use it on my priest, but i tend to prefer staves really so chances are wouldnt be used if i had it.

Thor'idal best looking bow skin currently in the game. But there are still some huntards that insist on using noisy ass guns (and those irritating monkey pets) so its not for everyone.

As for the staff and daggers, everyone that wants and can get them probably has them by now and they are UGLY as sin.

Despite all of that, i probably wouldn't use my legends for mogging all the time. I spent ages and lots of gold transmogging my dk to look like thor when the avengers film came out because i was that excited about it and enjoyed it so much, however the look of it is starting to wane so will be put away soon (until the next thor/avengers film comes out no doubt).

So for a lot of people it can depend on what mood you are in or how bored you get with the look etc. Also don't forget that there are a LOT of epic items that look better or as good as the legends so it won't make a difference as to how many would be seen. I would at least prefer the option to use them rather than have them gathering dust.