Poll: Do you think it's a good idea?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Solution to raid nerfs

Hey guys,

I was just reading some posts about how raid nerfs suck bc people who down the boss after the nerf is implemented are not fully "recognised" bc the debuff was there already, even if they deactivated it.

My thought is Blizz should enable some kind of achievement for ppl who killed the boss without nerf, that way even if the week you actually killed the boss the debuff was already there, you can show other people you killed the boss without it. Because right now turning the debuff off doesn't make sense, bc what other people look at is the date you got the achievement

So yeah, blizz should just implement a way to show people you didn't need the debuff to kill the boss, maybe by getting an achivement aside that specifys no debuff can be active to be able to get it or maybe by showing the % of debuff that was enabled when the kill happened.

What do you think

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Giving the people that kill Madness now with (almost) full BiS after turning off debuff the same achievement as the ones that did it prenerfs with a ton less gear makes no sense.
    Maybe the achievement should only display the % of debuff that was active during Your first kill of the boss or something, but i see it like something ppl would like

Quote Originally Posted by deathguyz View Post
    Cant just people check the date you got your kill?Personally to me it doesnt make sense...dont like the debuff turn it off or kill the boss with it!Does it really matter how the others killed the boss or how you did it?Also blizzard is trying to reduce the achievments in raiding environment since ulduar era(woohoo achivs everywhere) and just keep 1 for each hc boss kill and one for each boss achievment.Just my opinion though

Also, for ppl who say u can just check the date of the achievement, this would be directed by those guild who are a little behind in the progression but still want to be able to say "We downed them all without debuff, here's proof" even if they did it after the debuff was implemented
    Last edited by Slath; 2012-07-06 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Aswering some questions that came up

Deleted
    Giving the people that kill Madness now with (almost) full BiS after turning off debuff the same achievement as the ones that did it prenerfs with a ton less gear makes no sense.

the debuff is just 1 aspect. there are many changes they make that make the encounters much easier like nerfing certain spells/dmg, fixing more convenient timing, etc.

Deleted
    The achievement has a time stamp so if someone questions your skill, you can tell him to look it up on the armory. I think the current system works quite well. At least it doesn't work so poorly to warrant re-engineering.

Deleted
    I really do think people are making to big a deal out of this. Its only normal that content gets nerfed over time.

Deleted
    Cant just people check the date you got your kill?Personally to me it doesnt make sense...dont like the debuff turn it off or kill the boss with it!Does it really matter how the others killed the boss or how you did it?Also blizzard is trying to reduce the achievments in raiding environment since ulduar era(woohoo achivs everywhere) and just keep 1 for each hc boss kill and one for each boss achievment.Just my opinion though

Maybe the achievement should only display the % of debuff that was active during Your first kill of the boss or something, but i see it like something ppl would like

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the old method of nerfing content of letting inferior guilds farm for better gear before progressing.
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.

Also, for ppl who say u can just check the date of the achievement, this would be directed by those guild who are a little behind in the progression but still want to be able to say "We downed them all without debuff, here's proof" even if they did it after the debuff was implemented

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    As the blue said "How exactly does what others do in this game impact you?"

And if you wann compete with the big guys and want to show off your skillZ, I am sure you are sporting lots of "Real First"? What more of a time stamp you want? The next guy will come and say "Oh, but I killed it when the 25% buff was active BUT WE SWITCHED IT OFF. Now what is your solution to this?

See..one of the problems with you guys complaining and offering solutions is: You never think them through entirely.
    This is just what i'm saying, you'll be able to see if they switched it off or not!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    As the blue said "How exactly does what others do in this game impact you?"

And if you wann compete with the big guys and want to show off your skillZ, I am sure you are sporting lots of "Real First"? What more of a time stamp you want? The next guy will come and say "Oh, but I killed it when the 25% buff was active BUT WE SWITCHED IT OFF. Now what is your solution to this?

See..one of the problems with you guys complaining and offering solutions is: You never think them through entirely.
    The problems with guys trying to act smart and offer negative feedback is: They never thnik them trough entirely...

If buff is active when entering combat, it fails the check = no achivement.
    So extremely simple to solve lol...

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    The problems with guys trying to act smart and offer negative feedback is: They never thnik them trough entirely...

If buff is active when entering combat, it fails the check = no achivement.
    So extremely simple to solve lol...
    You can only "solve" something if its considered a problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slath View Post
    .. once they add that, people will demand an achievement for people who downed a boss without debuff and in the "correct" item level gear. What we have now is good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by andreas1999 View Post
    .. once they add that, people will demand an achievement for people who downed a boss without debuff and in the "correct" item level gear. What we have now is good enough.
    In the correct item level? If it's the first time you kill the boss you can't be a lot higher than other people

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the people who say its unnecessary. There really wouldn't be much of a point to something like that - my raid is about to take on DS without the nerf (we were 6/8 pre-nerf) just for the challenge of it. Faster and faster clears are nice, but it will be a lot of fun to have to actually think and react to things like during progression. And if/when we down it, I'm sure we'll make a note of it in recruitment threads or whatever, but there doesn't need to be an in-game recognition of the fact that we turned off the nerf.

Nobody will ever turn the debuff off, until they're at the point where they completely overgear the content. It really does not matter if you did it with the debuff off after farming the instance for three months and being in near BiS gear because the numbers will be already at 10% level and nowhere even nearly comparable to the difficulty that people had in the first weeks pushing for world firsts.

It would be completely hypocritical, therefore useless change you're suggesting.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slath View Post
    In the correct item level? If it's the first time you kill the boss you can't be a lot higher than other people
    Of course you can. The people who are getting their first H Madness kill now have most likely much higher gear than the people who got world first kills because they have had many more weeks of farming normal and heroic bosses. People who cleared H DS in the beginning were still in a lot of H FL and LFR gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Yea people who are still raiding DS should obviously get no reward or recognition for their efforts that makes sense. Who the fuck cares if you did it with less gear. You are one of those little kids that wants Blizz to cater to the 1% and ignore the 99%. Some people have the skill to do the fight without the nerfs but dont have the time to sit in front of a computer 6 hours a day 5-7 days a week like you so being able to show that people with less time still have the same sklll to be able to defeat the boss as it was intended should be rewarded.

OT I think its a good idea would actually give people a reason to keep raiding after defeating HC Madness since they can go back and do it without the nerfs and actually be rewarded.

There already is a date note in the achievement. There are tons of websites to wank of at your progress, recorded by the minute. Do you really need an achievement that says "I am so much better then all of you", I really wonder what someone gets out of that.

Why act elitist? Congrats that you killed it within 8 weeks. Also congrats to the 1-2 time per week social raiding guild that kept the group together for 6 months, and finally killed DW hc. Its both worth the achievement. A hardcore guild removes the mediocre healer from his raidspot, the social raiding guild takes the mediocre healer for granted, cause he is good fun the bring along.

You know, most people who killed it at 0% don't care about achievements gear and all the crap that goes with it, it's the people who did it at 5, 10% who would like a REASON to turn off the buff that ask for this.

I really think they should simply.. not nerf the fights, unless it's a fix of something stupid, like they needed to nerf the tendon on spine so we didn't have to stack arcane mages and sub rogues, that's not a real nerf, that was bad encounter design.

Gear itself should be enough of a nerf for the encounter.

I think wowprogress already have the solution.. PVE Score.. do freaking rating like PVP.. the less lockouts it takes you to down a boss, the higher is your rating. Your rating should also be bigger if you kill it without the buff.

My paladin is 26166.67, my priest is 15000.00, both have 8/8HM, but my paladin has done it at 15% and priest at 25%. Riggnaros from Blood Legion has 43833.33.. I think it gives a better idea of your real PVE worth.

Of course it could reset every tier and give special rewards to top players like in PVP... and then improving our ranking by disabling the nerfs would be the only way to do it.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2012-07-06 at 05:41 PM.