Favorite moment of "not being upset to see fellow players" nearby?

Stealing this shamelessly from here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...to_see_fellow/ - (sooo soorry if you feel offended OP!). But what was your moment when you saw another player coming in and helping out or just joining in to the adventure randomly.

For myself it was the after the starting area in the human area ( I think it was called queens land) - where you defend the farms patch from harpies and I was desperatelly failing at it with few others, when all of a sudden 3-4 new players rushed in from the mines and the farm event were turned opposite. I was like YES!!! come help me!

infact whenever I see a node - at VERY first I get the feeling that - rush rush rush, but then I remember - when picking with other player - this is GW2. I am more actually now looking for people to work together than work appart. Rush in and help. I've noticed I do that myself now also when I saw someone in trouble in last BWE i ran in to help them - no word no nothing - but both sides knew it was for good cause and we couldnt have done it without eachother.!

What is your story?
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Never really had a save the day instance like that happen to me. But I will say that small things like how the game doesn't punish you for helping others in the world is what makes this game different.

Some random cave in the human starting area was filled with mining nodes, like 10 or something close to that, one of which was a rich node. It was also filled with monters (ettins if my memory serves me right) and I started to slowly work my way inside the cave. Then out of nowhere 2 random dudes come rushing and killing stuff with me and I was like "damn I would be pissed right now if nodes weren't shared".

I had quite a few where another player or two showing up helped me reach an objective. I remember that cave azrok mentioned come to think of it. Theres a few places where one person can get boged down by not being able to kill things quite quick enough to advance faster than the repops.

To be honest I think there was only 1 instance where I didnt like seeing another player, all others were either indifferent at the worst and most were pleasnt to helpful. That one instance was a case of someone from my own server camping the trap controls in the EB pvp dungeon constantly knocking everybody from his own server off the platforms with the logs. Its near impossible to get past that stretch by just rushing it if the trap is being used and even if you get by it you cant retaliate and kill the operator to let your allies through after the fact. Still that was more a case of a douchebag finding the one spot he could grief people without retaliation and exploiting the opportunity to the max

Who is John Galt?

There's an event location somewhere between the first two human zones, a farm that gets attacked by bandits coming down from the mountain.

I happened to be there by myself when the invasion started, on my warrior. I am doing my best to pick up the bandits as they come, but since they're all ranged I end up having to kite them to the barn and LoS them around the walls while dodging their bullets and trying to pick them off one by one. Needless to say, it wasn't going so well.

All of a sudden six more people showed up, I breathed a sigh of relief, and we easily dealt with the bandit invasion. It's nice to see other people show up and not immediately think "Oh crap, competition."

I found myself in the last BWE on my Ranger trying to head to a heart south of the Town of Nageling in the Diessa Plateau where that Giant spawns and owns face. I got hung up by some separatists and then about 4 poison wurms. Not sure where she came from, but some random necromancer came up and took aggro so I could put up my heals and we then both went onto the heart nearby and quested for a little while together after.

I usually am the one running into the fray to save someone or even just to make their kill go faster. I know that I appreciate it when its done for me, so I do the same for others. I love seeing other people and it always amazes me to see others just run up to help out or a whole area start to empty out to head to a group event or anything. Makes me want a /newsteamassemble emote.

Although, I found that there is still a few people out there that do not know about the shared loot/nodes and are scared of others. I've had a few instances of others backing off after I start to kill what they were killing or they start just pulling shit like crazy just cause they think they'll have them all tapped. I'm sure its just the initial freakout and it'll be pretty ironed out after a few weeks after release.

This happened to me a lot. I love the nature of DEs -- people see that circle on their map or get that alert when nearby and they rush in to help. Maybe it will get old later ... but I loved it when I was getting tossed around like a ragdoll by way too many centaurs and then all of a sudden there will be 8 or so allies joining the battle ... or more. They just ... show up haha. And I am sure I have "showed up" on people as well.

It is brilliant design for an MMO. Reminded me of the "we're all in this together" mindset of EQ (since you basically couldn't level without a group ... unless you were an awesome necro like me!).

Deleted
    It is really nice that Guild Wars 2 encourages people to help each other out. Such a negative experience when the gathering node is ninja'd away from you; or when someone caps the mob and you cannot continue the quest unless your part of their party.

I think i'll still find that i have a very territorial mindset for a while in regards to quest mobs and nodes for quite a while in Guild Wars 2, it will be nice eventually being able to relax and not worry about other players. I've had a few "darn theres another player better cap or get that node quick" and then i remember this is Guild Wars 2 and i can relax.

That one time I died in Snowden miles from a waypoint and I was like, "ffffffffffffffffffff". Then someone came by and rez'd me.

To be fair, I sorta was laying there fir like 5 mins in object disgust at the non mount thing. But all the same, glad I didn't have to walk back through 1,000,000,000 mobs to go 5 feet.

Edit: also that other time I died in Diseawhatever Plataea miles from a waypoint. Someone rez'd me.

Deleted
    I love it

the world feels so much more alive when everyone just co-operates and helps each other instead of just trying to avoid other players.

I was with a friend and we were exploring Queensdale. Then, we see this strange cavern. Near the entrance of the cavern, we see a dead player. We resurect him. I start running to the entrance and see the warning: "Beware of the cavern troll". The guy we resurected said: "Hey! Watch out for the cavern troll!". Me: "What cavern tro... Holy sh.... PAF! I'm dead". Then, my friend and the other guy were able to resurrect me and we started to fight the troll. That was a pretty hard fight, with a lot of dodging and kiting. Then, we see two other player, then 5, then 10. At the end, we were at least 15 fighting the Troll. That was awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    That one time I died in Snowden miles from a waypoint and I was like, "ffffffffffffffffffff". Then someone came by and rez'd me.

To be fair, I sorta was laying there fir like 5 mins in object disgust at the non mount thing. But all the same, glad I didn't have to walk back through 1,000,000,000 mobs to go 5 feet.

Edit: also that other time I died in Diseawhatever Plataea miles from a waypoint. Someone rez'd me.
    That could have been me (it wasn't though). I always rezz people even if I see one on the map who is close by I will go there to rezz them. At events/boss fights I always keep an eye on the people close to me, guess that's the former healer in me. ;(

A cave. Travelling through. Fairly simple spiders and what not. See a clearing.
    Look left. Nothing.
    Look right. Nothing.
    Look straight (why didn't I look straight to begin with...)
    Champion Spider!
    Try to fight-kite it alone - he uses slow, I can't get away.
    He spawns spiderlings too...damn kids.

I try my best, but die.
    Respawn.
    Go back to try again...
    Same thing happens. About to die....and then....all of a sudden...
    2 WILD PLAYERS appear!

We kilt that spider like he aint no thang, somehow the thief tanked.
    Hooray players!

Deleted
    There were some of those times where someone just happened to stumble by and saved my ass, or atleast helped me our a few times, but that was not really what amazed me about this system. What did was the spontaneous groups fighting together.

In the second human area (can't remember, hills something) there was this cave. No objective or anything, but I thought I would explore it. In there I met up with some other random guy, and we helped eachother out - and died very bloody deaths when there turned out to be a pissed of elite of some kind in there.
    A few more times we went in together - and died - but got better each time, until we stopped outside and discussed out tactic a bit. This did the trick, we killed the elite, looted the chest, complained about the useless loot, gave a wave and went in different directions.

This could all have happened in any other mmo, but never so natural. Not until after did I really think about the fact that me and this guy had teamed up, and played together for quite some time. It just kinda happened, and felt natural.
    In any other MMO I would have had to make the concious decision of whispering this guy, asking him if he wanted to group. Would the reward be worth possibly grouping with a random guy?
    In other games you have to DECIDE to group with others, and manually make contact. In this game it just happens.

I will not tell you the story you want to hear, the typical "Saving kind".

I'll tell the tale of a madman. Yes, crazy big big norn guardian that was enjoying the world at his best.

I was showing my friend (who had just bought the game before the stress test) what the game has to offer and we were going thru the Human's first zone. We just did the Bull event (Ahh gw1 I miss you haha), and we reached the river, we were on skype and I was explaining to him how it works, what to do, tips and all, when the beast showed up.

It was a huge guardian Norn who took the trouble to go get the bucket of water on the very first heart and took it to the river where you can find some drakes. As we approached him, he was "watering" the river, I just started laughing so hard, but he not only didn't stop doing it, he greeted us with a "HOWDY GUYS", "JUSS FILLIN IT UP". It was just too much, I cried, my wife came furious at me thinking I was just messing around on skype (talking in another language) but as soon as I showed the screen she started laughing too.

XD It was great, Ill probably never forget this, Should have filmed or taken a screenshot. Being there obviously was funnier than me telling you all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Running into another Engineer, and two man'ing a champion oakheart with both of us using our flamethrowers.
    I found it hilarious for obvious reasons

In other games it would be a race to tag the mob /facepalm

and this is why GW2 will succeed.. no one can grief you by tagging mobs and running along.