Wink New gaming rig, need your advice on the build!

Hello!

So i'm about to put together my first gaming computer and have made a shopping list of things to get.
    Would be thankful for any advice or criticism

(PS. I'm from Sweden so the stuff i'm linking will be from a swedish site.)

Here is the list of parts: http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/1987333/2012-07-04b

DVD±RW Samsung 22X DL RETAIL Svart/Silver/Beige DVD±RW Samsung 22X DL RETAIL Svart/Silver/Beige

1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm SATA 6Gbit/s

Corsair 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz VENGEANCE LP

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

MSI 970A-G46 SLI

XFX Core Edition 550W 80+ Bronze

AMD Phenom II X4 965 3,4GHz Black Edition

XFX HD7850 2048MB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tóny View Post
    Hello!

So i'm about to put together my first gaming computer and have made a shopping list of things to get.
    Would be thankful for any advice or criticism

(PS. I'm from Sweden so the stuff i'm linking will be from a swedish site.)

Here is the list of parts: http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/1987333/2012-07-04b

DVD±RW Samsung 22X DL RETAIL Svart/Silver/Beige DVD±RW Samsung 22X DL RETAIL Svart/Silver/Beige

1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm SATA 6Gbit/s

Corsair 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz VENGEANCE LP

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

MSI 970A-G46 SLI

XFX Core Edition 550W 80+ Bronze

AMD Phenom II X4 965 3,4GHz Black Edition

XFX HD7850 2048MB
    If you want it to be a gaming rig, you should consider changing your graphics card, to an GeForce one, like the GTX 560, which will come to about the same budget. Another good change you should consider making, if you are willing to give about 100euros+ is changing your processor to an i5 3570k. Also, there isnt really a need for you to take an 8GB RAM if you only need it for gaming... 4 GBs would be just right, and you can always change it in the future

---------- Post added 2012-07-06 at 08:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deathguard View Post
    If you want it to be a gaming rig, you should consider changing your graphics card, to an GeForce one, like the GTX 560, which will come to about the same budget. Another good change you should consider making, if you are willing to give about 100euros+ is changing your processor to an i5 3570k. Also, there isnt really a need for you to take an 8GB RAM if you only need it for gaming... 4 GBs would be just right, and you can always change it in the future
    Forgot to add that in case you change the CPU you ill also need to change the motherboard.... In which case I recommend buying an Asus Z77

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathguard View Post
    snip
    This is terrible information and OP should ignore it. The 7850 is better then the 560(including the TI version).

OP,

I would change the CPU, Mobo, and minor GPU change. The CPU below runs laps around the one you are looking at and is going to have the biggest impact on WoW.(assuming that is what you play)

CPU- i5-2500k
    Mobo- Azrock z75 Pro3
    GPU- Asus 7850 or XFX double D 7850.

The build should run great with these changes!

First off I wouldn't worry so much about getting a Geforce over Radeon. They are comparable and its not just that a gaming PC should run a geforce. Also as far as processor goes I would be curious in why you are choosing AMD over Intel. The i5 2500k is still incredible and some of the 3000's are also pretty good. My other recommendation would be considering a solid state drive. An SSD will significantly boost boot times, game start times, and I believe even things like loading screen times. I mean I would check out reviews for every hardware piece and see if overall they are reviewed well.

That's a good option!

Ignore Deathguard's post.

You will need 8 Gb of RAM with x64 Windows.
    AMD HD7850 is about 40% better than a GTX 560.

Excellent choice in SSD, I just picked the same one up it is blazing fast I love it

Quote Originally Posted by hapylol View Post
    This is terrible information and OP should ignore it. The 7850 is better then the 560(including the TI version).

OP,

I would change the CPU, Mobo, and minor GPU change. The CPU below runs laps around the one you are looking at and is going to have the biggest impact on WoW.(assuming that is what you play)

CPU- i5-2500k
    Mobo- Azrock z75 Pro3
    GPU- Asus 7850 or XFX double D 7850.

The build should run great with these changes!
    This is great advice, however it will cost you 1200kr(€130) more.