10+ Year Old Account

You can take a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a bull's ass

You can take a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a bull's ass, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it?

This was posted by Regennis in a previous thread and I just wanted to clarify the situation slightly:

Technically speaking, as the T-Bone cut comes from the front end of the short loin as opposed to the rear, and as such is situated a significant distance from the anus of the bull, it is highly implausible that you would be able to see the nature of the T-Bone steak by inserting any sort of optical instrument into the bull's rectum. This takes into account that we are assuming a fully transparent intestinal tract for the sake of the argument.

The only cuts you would likely be able to investigate thoroughly using the anus as a starting point would be those coming from the round, and were those particularly muscles underdeveloped then perhaps the tenderloin and top sirloin. However, were you to remove the entire digestive tract of the bull before inserting your head into the anal cavity, and were you to use your arms as a wedge to separate the short loin into two parts, you might be able to see the very tip of the T-Bone cut nestled behind the void where the small intestines would previously have rested.

Rudimentary diagram of beef cut locations

Rudimentary detail noting the path of the bovine colon

It's Friday afternoon, and I'm at work. Let it not be said that I was being productive.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2012-07-06 at 09:39 PM.

ok... who else is hungry?
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

Deleted
    However tempted I am to stick my head up a bull's ass to see whether the ass breaks before my head does, I'm going to trust the butcher in this situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol

ok

I appreciate the ANALysis. Thankfully jokes do not need to be physically possible.
    I like sandwiches

I assume jackofwind is a butcher, and I should take his word for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was this necessary? Even the thread in which the quote came from is unnecessary.

Deleted
    'Toilet'-themed threads are typically not allowed on the forums as discussion within the threads is unlikely to be constructive. This applies to human and animal posteriors. Closing.
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-07-06 at 10:25 PM.