Thread: Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist

I have now watched the 2007 and the 2011 videos linked to on youtube off of www.zeitgeistmovie.com I am just curious to what you guys think. Are these theories full of shit, or is our whole economic / monetary system a sham. Were most of the wars started off false flag attacks for profit, and some other interesting things to think about in these videos.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Some of the stuff makes sense, but they lose all credibility with the notion that 9/11 was US Government operation. They do themselves a disservice by going full-crackpot. You never go full-crackpot...

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    Some of the stuff makes sense, but they lose all credibility with the notion that 9/11 was US Government operation. They do themselves a disservice by going full-crackpot. You never go full-crackpot...
    I'm sure the same was said about Vietnam

http://www.islamist.com/index.php/im...false-pretexts
    Quote Originally Posted by Margrim
    "Heroism sounds like an old lady picking flowers
    Bloodlust sounds like Freddy Krueger dualwielding Gnomes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Demichelis View Post
    Phantasmagorical novelization, oh great one. Art thou enraged?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Nycrolieben View Post
    I'm sure the same was said about Vietnam

http://www.islamist.com/index.php/im...false-pretexts
    I won't get into this at all, though I'd just like to say that a website called "islamist.com" is probably quite biased.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    It should be taken with a grain of salt. It is sort of like a history channel documentary about aliens. There are some fact sin there, but mostly speculation.

The trouble with the points they try to prove is that it is nearly impossible to find any solid sources.

Make no mistake, there is loads of dirty, back-stabbing, deceptive shit that shapes the world. Sadly, those same people that lie, cheat, and steal their way to power are the ones writing the history and in possession of any information that could discredit what is said.

Best bet is to keep asking questions and think for yourself. Do not need any sensationalized "documentary" to tell you that.
    Last edited by Roose; 2012-07-07 at 01:47 AM.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I won't get into this at all, though I'd just like to say that a website called "islamist.com" is probably quite biased.
    Shall I post other websites?

Your subtle intolerance doesn't change facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Margrim
    "Heroism sounds like an old lady picking flowers
    Bloodlust sounds like Freddy Krueger dualwielding Gnomes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Demichelis View Post
    Phantasmagorical novelization, oh great one. Art thou enraged?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    They're one of the sites that propagated that "holocaust is fake" conspiracy

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

Your subtle racism doesn't change facts.
    Not racism at all, since anyone can be a muslim. And not my point either. My point was that it's likely that a website called "islamist.com" contains some anti-US/Western World bias, and could therefore probably not be qualified as being fully objective.
    EDIT: So you changed racism to intolerance eh? Fair enough, still not being intolerant either since I'm actually pointing out that a website named after a religion in a debate about historical facts revolving around the US might be seen as provocative and could incite flaming and all such, especially since discussing religion here isn't allowed - In fact I was simply just trying to tell you that using that as a source could create troubles which surely wasn't your intent. In fact you yourself just proved my point really, the moment I say that your link may cause issues you use the "RACIST!!!" card thus creating an obvious conflict.

---------- Post added 2012-07-07 at 01:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    They're one of the sites that propagated that "holocaust is fake" conspiracy
    Well if that's so... Then I rest my case really.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2012-07-07 at 01:50 AM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account

Your subtle intolerance doesn't change facts.

Except for the fact the website is islamic. That tells something. Even then where is the proof. Conspiricy theories are utterly stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did some research and I came to the conclusion that its not all bullshit our governments seek to control our every move, they seek to destroy those with the power to save humanity. Think about all those great leaders in history who tried to help us most of them where murdered and we never knew who killed them. Our governments lost faith in us otherwise their would be no nukes or bio weapons!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is going south fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    damn I sound crazy

The Zeitgeist propaganda films are 100% crackpot conspiracy theory. Thats why people like them - conspiracy propaganda pieces like these "movies" are comforting because it means that there is a discreet causation behind everything in the world. That means we can fight against it, so we want to believe it is true. At best your looking at maybe 0.5% truth content, 99.5% utter and complete bullshit. You'd find a higher truth content on Oprah.

This thing has been debunked up, down 360 degrees by people who actually did the research:
    http://conspiracies.skepticproject.c...les/zeitgeist/

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, we don't allow conspiracy theory talk here.