Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Guild Wars 2 looks GORGEOUS - 50 minute Sylvari zone video

Check this IGN vid out. I was blown away by how great the game looks now. The hometown of the Sylvari really looks mindblowing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    The hometown of the Sylvari really looks mindblowing.
    Silly bookah, Rata Sum is much better!

I play Nightelf in Wow so I prefer the Sylvari one. Rata Sum doesn't look bad either though. Did they copy the sounds from the character straight from Link from The Legend of Zelda?

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post

[video=youtube;koVap84k5QA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koVap84k5QA[video]
    Rata Sum is okay. It's not Mayan enough like it was supposed to be and is much too futuristic. The Grove and the surrounding jungles are simply beautiful.

10+ Year Old Account
    These videos are making me want release so bad D:

Check this IGN vid out. I was blown away by how great the game looks now. The hometown of the Sylvari really looks mindblowing.

I hated the commentary in the video, and his gameplay style was infuriating, but at least we got a look at the visuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post

That runnin' animation! ;o

I wanna play so bad... ;_;
    Hi

Deleted
    raphael's virgin looks gorgeous

this looks good, possibly great. not gorgeous though.

people escalate adjectives far too much these days

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    That runnin' animation! ;o

I wanna play so bad... ;_;
    You wait till you see the dodge animation

Deleted
    I... must stop looking at such threads... I must resist! Sylvari > all but I won't watch it... no more spoilers.

Deleted
    I am so excited to create a sylvari ^^
    waited for it since he first bwe to chem them out~
    I am not sure if I want to play a charr or sylvari as my main character, so this bwe will (hopefully) be the reason to decide for one XD
    Or I have to create both races instead at the headstart ~

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Rata Sum is okay. It's not Mayan enough like it was supposed to be and is much too futuristic. The Grove and the surrounding jungles are simply beautiful.
    I really like that futuristic look, it completes the 5 differents styles nicely. Just the same way I like the steampunk look the char have.

Deleted
    Whilst it's great that people are enthusiastic about the other races, it strikes me as pretty unfair to hijack a thread about the Sylvari starting zone in an thinly veiled attempt to lure the discussion towards a completely different racial starter zone. In fact, there's already a thread regarding the Asura starting zone (though I may be wrong) so I'm sure you can discuss that there. I figured I'd say something since isn't the first time I've seen it happen and hopefully I'm not the only one a little irritated by it! Promoting discussion is fine, but not when it's fuelled by some sort of obsession to constantly bring up one particular aspect of the game in every other thread.

With that said, I really like the atmosphere of the Sylvari zone. I'm hoping that once I'm in the game itself I'll be able to feel a similar awe to what I encountered back when I first explored Teldrassil five years ago.
    Last edited by mmoc454417f773; 2012-07-19 at 11:51 AM.

Deleted
    It's alright, people have been waiting for both asura and sylvari for a *very* long time and they're both awesome. To be fair in the asura thread there's a lot of sylvari fanatics too

Personally though - counting down the hours to check out the sylvari. Saving this video for when I can get to watch it later ^^

Looks soooo goood can't wait

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taenathal View Post
    <Anti-Mif rant>
    Yeah I'll cop that

Although to be honest, my motive was to try to add to the content of the thread because of the traffic it will receive from the front page due to the catchy thread title.

Deleted
    I play Nightelf in Wow so I prefer the Sylvari one.
    you really compared nelf home "city" to the Sylvari one? Dayum

GAH! I hate IGN idiots. Putting it on mute is recommended.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcinder View Post
    Looks like a good filler till Mop
    Looks like a good replacement for MoP. :P