Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arenanet, seems, not their customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Bowing out
    The workaround solutions are quit easy. Anet will fix the real situation soon though so those workarounds won't be necessary. They told you to refund now, as I said before, because of your attitude.
    Toodles
    No doubt I reopened the ticked (they closed it not receiving my answer) telling them i will wait this beta weekend than ask a refund, asking again to fix my issue, if possible.
    Ewww my attitude? I'm an adorable diplomatic guy, writing to them.
    I'm angry now because i don't see any other solution than hopes. I cannot buy an US $ account with my european credit card, and i'm not going to mess up with this government and a local bank for an US$ bank account just for a stupid videogame, one time use. What's sure, it's the worst idea i ever had, buying a prepurchase hoping a 3 days prelaunch access, discovering later i have to wait weeks.. months.. (and i guess i will not be alone, right bro? )
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-07-19 at 10:47 AM.

For anyone who's played beta so far whats the actual latency you get and does it have a massive effect? or can you just be a little quicker and aim a little ahead to compensate?
    Last edited by PropayneLOL; 2012-07-19 at 12:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh i have 300 ms, its playable.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, final response was: enjoy your beta. We will deal any login problem later, if you have any.
    Meh, so i'll not ask a refund, hoping Arenanet support will fix everythin..

Be ready for a poll, lol

I still don't get it. why they're locking out our region IP?

For example : you're buying it online, and then the website detected that you're from NA, so you gotta buy the NA version. let's say I'm inthe army and I'll be stationed in Russia or any European country, I can't login to GW2 because that's not my home region IP (which is in the United States). Are they doing this to prevent hackers who login from another location?
    Last edited by Number1gentleman; 2012-07-21 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Number1gentleman View Post
    let's say I'm an army and I'll be stationed in Russia or any European country...
    And what the hell you've just meant by that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    And what the hell you've just meant by that?
    smh my bad for the typo.
    edit: I'm in the army*** lol or any other military services; you know wht I mean.

I contacted Anet about this issue.
    And.......it's not an issue.
    They confirmed you will be able to play even if you bought the game in another region and linked me this blog post:
    http://www.arena.net/blog/choosing-a...n-guild-wars-2

Note the bit where it says:
    When you log in to the game for the first time, you will have the opportunity to pick any available server, or home world. If you choose to select a home world that is in a different region from where you purchased your game, you will be logged out for a short period of time while your account is moved to your new region. Once you have selected a home world, all the characters you create will play on this world and will represent it in our world-versus-world (WvW) format.
    It will work the same when the game launches. They said they're still finalizing exactly how it will work come launch, and couldn't give details..but said we will be able to logon and play on any server without a problem.

They confirmed you will be able to play even if you bought the game in another region and linked me this blog post:
    http://www.arena.net/blog/choosing-a...n-guild-wars-2

Note the bit where it says:

It will work the same when the game launches. They said they're still finalizing exactly how it will work come launch, and couldn't give details..but said we will be able to logon and play on any server without a problem.
    Thanks for the links.
    Quote: "While you can change your home world, there is a limit of one world transfer every seven days per account and a charge of 1,800 gems for each transfer. A world transfer moves all of your existing characters to your new home world. Any subsequent characters you create will also play in this new home world."

Quote Originally Posted by Number1gentleman View Post
    Thanks for the links.
    Quote: "While you can change your home world, there is a limit of one world transfer every seven days per account and a charge of 1,800 gems for each transfer. A world transfer moves all of your existing characters to your new home world. Any subsequent characters you create will also play in this new home world."
    Yh...and that home server restriction might change depending mostly on WvW...especially as they recently confirmed that WvW will reset every 24hrs until server populations settle. So that is very much subject to change I think.

If you would read the poster more carefully, you'll see (s)he asks about physical world location (s)he will be able to play from, not server location (s)he can choose. Your quote says nothing about it.

If you would read the poster more carefully, you'll see (s)he asks about physical world location (s)he will be able to play from, not server location (s)he can choose. Your quote says nothing about it.
    Ummm....yes it does Tackisis

When you log in to the game for the first time, you will have the opportunity to pick any available server, or home world. If you choose to select a home world that is in a different region from where you purchased your game, you will be logged out for a short period of time while your account is moved to your new region. Once you have selected a home world, all the characters you create will play on this world and will represent it in our world-versus-world (WvW) format.
    That is exactly what they were asking.

That describe the case when you, for example, want to choose NA homeworld while living in EMEA and having EMEA version of the game. It is out of question.
    The actual question was: if you bought a NA version of the game from third party, and want to play it living in EMEA, can you do it at all? It was not answered there.

Deleted
    That describe the case when you, for example, want to choose NA homeworld while living in EMEA and having EMEA version of the game. It is out of question.
    The actual question was: if you bought a NA version of the game from third party, and want to play it living in EMEA, can you do it at all? It was not answered there.
    It was.
    Let me magnify for you.

your account is moved to your new region

Taskisis, I said in my first post that I asked this very question. They said you can. They said you will be transferred to the nearest data center. That's the end of the discussion.

When you log in to the game for the first time
    The question is whether you will be able to login from other region at all in retail game.

When you log in to the game for the first time
    The question is whether you will be able to login from other region at all in retail game.
    That's kinda a given lol.
    It assumes your ability to do so....regardless of region. When you login for the first time...when......when. It has a nice ring of certainty to it, don't u think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading last posts, i'm day by day more sure i will start soon a thread asking a removal of this idiot iplock. I told you, Squirrel, there is a lot of misinformation about this issue. Doesn't matters if now you all can log on beta servers, ip lock is not active.
    This iplock service will become active on final servers, and who bough an european serial code, trying to play from outside europe will result in a login error. Same for american customers playing in europe. Period.
    If happens, try to contact support. "Maybe" they will fix this issue for you.
    At least, this is what support told me before close my ticket.
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-07-21 at 05:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ashrock View Post
    Reading last posts, i'm day by day more sure i will start soon a thread asking a removal of this idiot iplock. I told you, Squirrel, there is a lot of misinformation about this issue. Doesn't matters if now you all can log on beta servers, ip lock is not active.
    This iplock service will become active on final servers, and who bough an european serial code, trying to play from outside europe will result in a login error. Same for american customers playing in europe. Period.
    If happens, try to contact support. "Maybe" they will fix this issue for you.
    At least, this is what support told me before close my ticket.
    Le sigh...

At least read what's written.

For our first Beta Weekend Event (April 27-29), home-world selection and world transfers will work just as they will when Guild Wars 2 launches.

Once again, let me clarify the important parts of this:

home-world selection and world transfers will work just as they will when Guild Wars 2 launches. [...] If you choose to select a home world that is in a different region from where you purchased your game, you will be logged out for a short period of time while your account is moved to your new region.
    Even more concise:

when Guild Wars 2 launches [...] your account is moved to your new region
    It's written in a very clear and simple way, really. Shouldn't be too hard to understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bro, don't keep posting, it's what i wrote. A final clarification about this regulation will be posted next days
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaile Gray
    I understand that info about regions and how they affect access will go out soon.
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...e/1#post291825

It's what i'm waiting for start my campaign anti ip lock (or ask a refund and farewell gw2 )

You (and most around the world, seems) don't want to understand the difference between freedom to play with american players FROM europe and play WITH AN EUROPEAN ACCOUNT OUTSIDE EUROPE.. with american players (or even with your european buddies, lol )

I tried to explain this issue as a major one asking a sticky and a movement against it, but people still keep faith on Anet

You know who maybe will have his account fixed quickly? Millitary personnel

Quote Originally Posted by Gaile Gray
    We have been discussing special circumstances like military personnel, and I am confident there will be a good solution for those whose orders move them from place to place.

We’ll have more info on the regional aspects of the game soon, and if any military folks run into issues, you should contact Support and they’ll help you out.
    For now, keep ready on your desktop a ticket request for a refund, don't tell me i didn't try to warn you all
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-07-22 at 03:02 AM.