Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Class brotherhood: The support classes

So yeah I enjoy a bit of PvP, mostly random BG's. If you're looking for an intense debate about arena or class balance you may as well stop reading here this is just a bit of fanciful whimsy

So, I've only got one max lvl toon, and he currently has 118k HK's or something, without using cheesy HK pemade farming tactics or anything (the most I'll do is try to convince an AV group to defend Balinda and turn the game into a proper 40 minute battle and not a 'lolderp skip enemies PvE zerg') so I've done a fair number of BGs over the years.

*GENERALLY* speaking, as a paladin I deliberately AVOID confrontation with enemy Paladins. Call it being an RP nerd or whatever you want for some reason I'll only attack them if they choose to come for me, or if I can't avoid it (they have our flag for example). This is out of some imaginary 'connection' I have with all the Paladins of Azeroth, I mean we all follow the Light so why would I be slaying them...

I was originally going to ask if anyone else does the same thing with thier class (and yes I'm not expecting to find many people) but thne I thought considering the other 3 classes that heal could all be considered as a brotherhood with their counterparts across the factions (shaman are all talking to the same spirits, right? Druids are worshipping the same nature, no? And priests are in the same boat as us Paladin, worshipping the light?).

Whilst I wouldn't expect a rogue or a warrior to spare a brother rogue or warrior, and hunters, mages, warlocks and death knights evenm I was wondering if anyone who plays a priest shaman druid or paladin also reacts the same way when facing enemies of thier class.

Call me a horde sympathiser, but I always feel a bit glum when I see an enemy paladin getting owned...

As you were =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my main is a warrior.. so.. no. not on him. it's a warriors job to fight and kick that other sides warriors ass after all. I do notice that on my shaman however, i'm more likely to cut another shaman a break, and it's not unusual for a horde shaman to return the favor.

Aye, if I find a warrior who doesn't wail on other warriors.... wtf he playing warrior for? hehe
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also stay away from paladins, 'cause well.. /troll.

Seriously though, not really. I have well over 250k+ HKs but the problem is.. not on one character. I'm very, very ADD with my alts and can't really find one to stick with. 70k HKs here, 50k there, 20k over yon adds up! Not to mention all the 5k+ Hks I have on some lowbie I don't play anymore.

If anything, I'm quite the opposite from you. I'm very competitive and feel that if I am playing a druid, I need to be a "better" druid than my enemy, by healing more, or CCing better, etc. I think I've noticed some of the same from other people. I've been leveling a balance druid and find that in BGs, other balance druids beeline straight for me.

The only type of "brotherhood" I've experienced in BGs was back in vanilla. Some nelf warrior was kicking my rogue's teeth in, so I did a /plead or /beg or something like that. He actually stopped attacking me, mounted up and ran off. UNHEARD OF!
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

Well I'm a Mage and I hate all other Mages, so any Mage I see becomes public enemy number one.

That's the closest thing I can think of. It's the complete opposite of you though lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my Hunter i kill other hunters ASAP. Why be the hunted when you're a Hunter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Well I'm a Mage and I hate all other Mages, so any Mage I see becomes public enemy number one.

That's the closest thing I can think of. It's the complete opposite of you though lol.
    Same here with my shaman since the launch of BC. Prior to that, I just focused my counterpart <paladins>.
    Undefined animosity is a device of the spineless, the means of a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurumiki View Post
    The only type of "brotherhood" I've experienced in BGs was back in vanilla. Some nelf warrior was kicking my rogue's teeth in, so I did a /plead or /beg or something like that. He actually stopped attacking me, mounted up and ran off. UNHEARD OF!
    Have experienced similar things, a /wait and a /dance I've got 5 hordees to party with me before =))

As for the "being a better <insert class here>" I generally use the scoreboard to check that at the end... Own them on the damage the KB, the off healing, the territories or gates assaulted etc etc.

I tend to avoid Mana Burning other priests in BG's because once I do it, it becomes a Mana Burning War for the two priests... and that's no fun.

That said if the enemy priest tries MBing me or MCing me off a cliff, all bets are off and they are going DOWN.
    /dance

As a shaman, I often go for other shamans in bgs, especially if they are Orcs.

i ignore priests until i see thier fiend. then i get working on them. unless there's a paladin for me to play with
    somebody call for d doctor?

Deleted
    Not at all. As a shaman, I'm actually happy to see another shaman and kill him/her, because I know they won't pop some invulnerability cooldown and it will be an easy kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda feel bad for enemy Frost DK's on my Warrior. So I usually let any DK that I see live.

My druid will not engage enemy druids, unless they are threatening an ally.

I tend to do the exact opposite of the OP. I will specifically go for same class/spec because I feel I will be better at taking them down since I know how they play so well, and if I fail then I've learned something.

As I posted on your thread on officials ...! I always go for the other warlocks. I am not entirely sure why, probably because of the sense of superiority.

As a hunter I try to kill other hunters fast because hunter damage is the only kind of damage I can't really avoid. Warlock damage is mostly Dots but they still have to cast the nasty ones on me and I have tools to stop that. Hunter burst comes from instants we cast to regen focus so stopping casts its not really helpful.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    So yeah I enjoy a bit of PvP, mostly random BG's. If you're looking for an intense debate about arena or class balance you may as well stop reading here this is just a bit of fanciful whimsy

So, I've only got one max lvl toon, and he currently has 118k HK's or something, without using cheesy HK pemade farming tactics or anything (the most I'll do is try to convince an AV group to defend Balinda and turn the game into a proper 40 minute battle and not a 'lolderp skip enemies PvE zerg') so I've done a fair number of BGs over the years.

*GENERALLY* speaking, as a paladin I deliberately AVOID confrontation with enemy Paladins. Call it being an RP nerd or whatever you want for some reason I'll only attack them if they choose to come for me, or if I can't avoid it (they have our flag for example). This is out of some imaginary 'connection' I have with all the Paladins of Azeroth, I mean we all follow the Light so why would I be slaying them...

I was originally going to ask if anyone else does the same thing with thier class (and yes I'm not expecting to find many people) but thne I thought considering the other 3 classes that heal could all be considered as a brotherhood with their counterparts across the factions (shaman are all talking to the same spirits, right? Druids are worshipping the same nature, no? And priests are in the same boat as us Paladin, worshipping the light?).

Whilst I wouldn't expect a rogue or a warrior to spare a brother rogue or warrior, and hunters, mages, warlocks and death knights evenm I was wondering if anyone who plays a priest shaman druid or paladin also reacts the same way when facing enemies of thier class.

Call me a horde sympathiser, but I always feel a bit glum when I see an enemy paladin getting owned...

As you were =)
    I actually do the same thing as well on my main - Paladin as well but for very different reasons. Pally vs Pally is all about who gets the first stun off and who has their CDs off. It gets a bit annoying when you have the Paladin down and he hits bubble and heals himself or LOH and back up arrives. I'll normally leave a paladin to herself. I also don't waste my time with rogues cause I know if I get them any lower on HP they will simply vanish wasting my time.

I however, love going after warlocks and priests and also shamans. I can't wait to get a snare and a speed boost to get those shamans that keep kiting me.

However, on my Rogue I absolutely love getting other rogues out of stealth. I'll usuall sap them and do a /lol or /point or something along those lines. As a rogue myself I know how frustrating it is when someone gets you out of stealth. You actually have to waste a precious CD to get back in it and can only imagine the other person raging to a certain degree on the other side.
    Last edited by wynterlyn; 2012-07-03 at 11:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Generally spriests avoid other spriests until we're its down to 1v1 or 2v2 and we have to fight each other - but we always aim for epic duels. In RBGs or Arenas though, I always focus my efforts on controlling/outplaying enemy spriests because I know how to mess with them best.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I am a DK and I will look to kill DKs. Mainly because I know them well so it is easy to predict what they will do, also I know they have low defense. Oh, and nothing is more fun than meeting a DK in mid and going toe to toe and just spanking him hard. Since most everyone has equal gear now a days it means I just outplayed him and that is something that you can't say all the time because of class balance.