Brick and mortar stores carrying GW2

As far as I can tell, in the USA the only stores selling physical copies of GW2 in person are WorstBuy and GameStop. The two big retail chains i'm surprised are not selling are Target and obviously Fail-Mart. Seems like GW2 is losing a lot of potential shelf visibility.

Weird, might be out of stock or something. But over here every self-respecting game and electronics store sells GW2 for prepurchase.

Those are just the only stores offering the pre-purchase deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Target and Wal-Mart will probably carry physical copies after launch, but they're not the kind of stores to care much about pre-orders when they sell so much more than games in their stores, especially with the extra fuss the stores would have to go through for pre-purchase codes.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Those are just the only stores offering the pre-purchase deal.
    Ah. Makes sense now.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-manual-please

I would take this with a grain of salt. But someone on this page speaks of a disclaimer from amazon stating the so called hard copy is only a code in a box. If that is the case you may as well skip the brick n mortar anyway as you would still get home and need to download. Why wait in line for a disc-less box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I really doubt that's factual. I'll take that with a lot of salt, not just a grain.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that grain of salt is correct, there will be nothing physical besides the collectors edition items, game download will be digital only(Even for CE) ANET said this a long time ago. It makes sense since it's an online only game..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    Well that grain of salt is correct, there will be nothing physical besides the collectors edition items, game download will be digital only(Even for CE) ANET said this a long time ago. It makes sense since it's an online only game..
    I'd like a source for this quote from ArenaNet.

And online only has nothing to do with it, if that was the reason then D3, WoW, Rift, SWTOR, DC Universe, ect. shouldn't have physical discs either.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-07-07 at 03:34 PM.

I really hope there is physical discs. It saves a lot of time if you need to reformat or install the game on a new computer.