Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Interesting champ. Not dissapointed at all, but I too am a little confused about the 'never seen before' stuff. Ohwell - looks like she will be a blast to play, and while I havn't been impressed with some aspects of their more recent champs (Draven/Darius/Jayce all being lookalikes of each other, all being stocky, black haired humans) I must admit that by and large they are becomming more interesting, all being a little more complex then many older champs and being effective while having high skill caps. Varus up to this has all impressed me gameplay wise, with the exception of Darius.

Now we need another support, and then maybe a tank.

Also, when are they gonna reduce the IP prices? I'm sick of every half decent jungler being 6300.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    She is by far one of my favorite champs.
    Some interesting combos I've seen used are using your Q first then planting seeds quickly before it pops (same with E) surprising your opponents and allowing you to plant seeds quickly behind your opponents. Another I've seen is plantingl 2 in a bush, then casting Q on both followed by another seed and a E rooting / slowing them. You can then cast your ultimate and another Q.GG

I was hoping that she'd be a lot more mobile in her attack style. But I love that she has CC, damage, and teamfight utility. I'm just not a fan of "pets" at all. But who knows, maybe I'll love her when I try her out. Definitely the first champ I'm buying on day 1 release.

Well, this "never seen before" ability where her Q makes one type and her E makes another type of turrets from those blooms didnt impress me all that much, but thats just my opinion, some people like this and i respect that. Was kinda hoping for something more amazing, oh well.

10+ Year Old Account

The Champ Spotlight for Zyra is up.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post

Release tomorrow then I guess

10+ Year Old Account
    No Jungle for Zyra?!?!?!
    That makes me sad :|

Then again, she probably starts off insane, so I'll pull it off.

Her Passive seems really OP at early.
    1/4 of Morganna's HP at lv 9. That's like, 500hp? Hell...
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    No Jungle for Zyra?!?!?!
    That makes me sad :|

Then again, she probably starts off insane, so I'll pull it off.

Her Passive seems really OP at early.
    1/4 of Morganna's HP at lv 9. That's like, 500hp? Hell...
    Very very slow early clear. Ramps up very quickly once you get some levels and plants can start doing work. No idea why you would even want to put her in jungle though.

Her passive deals 549 at LVL 18, so it is not 500 by LVL 9. It does a nice amount of damage, just like Kog's passive. Nothing fight-changing like Karthus' if you ask me.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Very very slow early clear. Ramps up very quickly once you get some levels and plants can start doing work. No idea why you would even want to put her in jungle though.
    Clearly plants belong in the jungle!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Clearly plants belong in the jungle!
    +1 to you good sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    Her passive deals 549 at LVL 18, so it is not 500 by LVL 9. It does a nice amount of damage, just like Kog's passive. Nothing fight-changing like Karthus' if you ask me.
    I remember a friend telling me the numbers were higher prior to now, so I'm guessing there has been a number tune somewhere along. Fine by me!
    I hate those passives, they are so silly.
    Let alone, true damage. Wah. Atleast Kog's is easy to dodge, Zyra's projectile looked like it moved super fast, but atleast it's only one line. Does it decrease in damage, or 549 everything it hits at 18?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Jungling with AP is fun in pubs, people freak out and don't understand that some work, and aren't ready for what can happen.

Alrighty, I don't play the PTR (or whatever it's called) and I don't watch videos pre-release, so I just take it as it comes. Thanks though.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

I did some testing in PBE again.

Rylai is probably a core item on Zyra. Slow adds to what her plants have, totaling to a 45%. (Varied from 42 to 46 percent from calculating the amount slowed, but I guess that is how it works anyway.) The plants really root their target in place for a long amount of time. (Up to 4 secs from what I've been playing. That's 2 more Q's to your initial burst)

And 549 True damage, period. No reduction whatsoever. At least it is better than Kog's. The tooltip says you can fire off a shot in 2 seconds, but that is how long the transformation takes, so you can fire away as soon as you see the plant form. The buttons light up as well. Easy to use.

She started off with 0.7 AP scaling on all her abilities, and 0.3 scaling on plants. She was nerfed to 0.6 on Q, damage spikes, 0.5 on E, the root. Ult remains at 0.7
    Her rooting skillshot was tampered with a lot. The root duration remained unchanged, but the scaling would drop by 0.05 about each 4-5 days. (I've seen 0.65, 0.55, and the current 0.5 scaling on her E.) Plants were toned down to 0.24 scaling, and then further down to their current 0.2 scaling. They do good enough damage, especially with the steroid they receive from the ultimate.

She is fun. You can have 2 seeds at the ready, and 4 seeds planted max. It gives room to plan ahead. Usually, dropping 2 seeds while Q-E-R combo is easy, and once they become those slowing plants, they keep their target inside the ult until the knock up. After that, they continue to chip away their health. With the steroid, 2 slowing plants with 45% slow capability really hurt carries, and keep the bruisers and tanks in check.

The plants used to benefit from Spell Vamp, but that was removed this week. So I guess that frees up an item slot, since all her spells are AOE and proc 33% of the spellvamp you have. I'm glad they sticked to Rylai's proc though. She has limited kiting capability considering the root has 7.2 secs cooldown with 40% CDR. (Not too hard to get with her 20% passive on W, seeds, but still long) Seeds have another 7.8 secs of CD, and to properly slow targets, you need both.

The seeds aren't exactly wards, but they do fine as a visual aid. You can plant 2 as low budget wards and still use 2 plants on the lane to push.

I definitly recommend her to those who like AP carries.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    [video=youtube;v9DLY0Qrcm4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9DLY0Qrcm4[video]

Playing 'spot the spotlight errors' is always fun but I think Skarner and Caitlyn not noticing a Zyra with a trap on her running up to them takes the cake. /Golfclap, Riot, /golfclap.

No wait, even better, flashing towards Viktor instead of just going to the tower and surviving might beat it, mostly because of the slow-motion replay.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2012-07-24 at 01:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Playing 'spot the spotlight errors' is always fun but I think Skarner and Caitlyn not noticing a Zyra with a trap on her running up to them takes the cake. /Golfclap, Riot, /golfclap.

No wait, even better, flashing towards Viktor instead of just going to the tower and surviving might beat it, mostly because of the slow-motion replay.
    I literally feel like banging my head against my desk as hard as I can when watching these spotlights.
    Phreak is absolutely terrible.
    That viktor fight was pitiful, and I agree with the vision of her. But then again, he's probably vsing bots to win, or it's setup.

Deleted
    I literally feel like banging my head against my desk as hard as I can when watching these spotlights.
    That viktor fight was pitiful, and I agree with the vision of her. But then again, he's probably vsing bots to win, or it's setup.
    Spotlights are pretty definitely setup 100% of the time. The champion being spotlighted is always going to be 18 before anyone else on the field and oftentimes you can notice things like a teamfight starting and the enemy just standing there, going in 1 at a time. (I believe the most prominent example was one where you could see the enemy Miss Fortune on the map just running side to side doing nothing until Phreak was done killing everyone else.)

Also, I'm pretty sure it's not Phreak playing Zyra.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Spotlights are pretty definitely setup 100% of the time. The champion being spotlighted is always going to be 18 before anyone else on the field and oftentimes you can notice things like a teamfight starting and the enemy just standing there, going in 1 at a time. (I believe the most prominent example was one where you could see the enemy Miss Fortune on the map just running side to side doing nothing until Phreak was done killing everyone else.)

Also, I'm pretty sure it's not Phreak playing Zyra.
    He couldn't stand her not excelling in the jungle could he?

I won't forget that game they lost against medium bots. Never ever. The amount of fail that was. Wows.
    This is why some balancing is out.

Hurry up Zyra!

Deleted
    He couldn't stand her not excelling in the jungle could he?
    "I play Zyra as a jungle."

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    It'd be interesting if you described why you were disappointed so we could debate or talk about it. I gathered nothing from your posts other than her being boring and simple or something. But it looks like more effort was put into her kit compared to some one like Sej, so I'm not sure I buy the boring thing.
    For me it's mostly that they promised something unique to the MOBA genre and...it's basically Plague Wards.

Deleted
    Can they finally release her? >.<

Why do serious players do this with every game? Mocking tutorials and not understanding that they're trying to play for example purposes and not at their highest skill. I mean honestly, you'd learn NOTHING from a 2d Fighting Game tutorial if the video showed 2 pros wavedashing around the screen at top speeds, cancelling all of their moves on the first frame, using 5 super moves back to back. There's no reason to hate on spotlights. They're for educational/display purposes for the general audience . Its really not that hilarious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Why do serious players do this with every game? Mocking tutorials and not understanding that they're trying to play for example purposes and not at their highest skill. I mean honestly, you'd learn NOTHING from a 2d Fighting Game tutorial if the video showed 2 pros wavedashing around the screen at top speeds, cancelling all of their moves on the first frame, using 5 super moves back to back. There's no reason to hate on spotlights. They're for educational/display purposes for the general audience . Its really not that hilarious.
    Yeah but you don't learn much either when the enemy spends all his time spamming Hadouken into the wall.