'Accounts Linked' in HoM

Hey guys, so for some time I have been thinking on doing some HoM stuff in GW1 ( yeah I'm getting late into it ). But I am wondering, what does the 3 points Accounts Linked refer to? Is it about linking gw1 account to gw2? Can someone provide information on this or a link to some source? And what is the process to link the two accounts.

Sorry if this has been already answered.

Also if I'm asking this it's because in the online HOM calculator, it says I got 5/50 but the first 3 from accounts linked is not coloured. So I assume that it really is about linking accounts with GW2.
    Last edited by raddry; 2012-07-08 at 02:37 PM.

Edit:

Direct quote from the HoM FAQ:

When Guild Wars 2 is released, there will be a way to link your Guild Wars account to your Guild Wars 2 account. If you own Eye of the North, you will receive 3 points for linking the accounts together. The Reward Calculator assumes that you will have linked the accounts together, so it automatically gives you those points.
    http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/faq/
    Last edited by Bloodlight; 2012-07-08 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raddry View Post
    Hey guys, so for some time I have been thinking on doing some HoM stuff in GW1 ( yeah I'm getting late into it ). But I am wondering, what does the 3 points Accounts Linked refer to? Is it about linking gw1 account to gw2? Can someone provide information on this or a link to some source?

I means linking prohpecies, nightfall or factions with eye of the north You only need to link one of those to EoTN I believe to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes , 3 points are given just linking a gw1 account to a gw2 account. Every other point must be gained ingame playing gw1.
    Beware, if you're pointing to max it out to 50 points, it can take weeks/ months , expecially if you're a newbie.
    If you want 50 points, you need gw1+ every expansion, eye of the north included. One last thing: it's not just long but expensive.
    Does it worth? 30 points, maybe. 50 points.. starting from 0.. well.. up to you

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ashrock View Post
    Yes , 3 points are given just linking a gw1 account to a gw2 account. Every other point must be gained ingame playing gw1.
    Beware, if you're pointing to max it out to 50 points, it can take weeks/ months , expecially if you're a newbie.
    If you want 50 points, you need gw1+ every expansion, eye of the north included. One last thing: it's not just long but expensive.
    Does it worth? 30 points, maybe. 50 points.. starting from 0.. well.. up to you
    No......it's not from linking it to GW2.
    All HoM points are exclusive to GW1 content.
    You get those points by linking a GW1 account to Eye of the North.
    Proph, nightfall and factions are considered 1 game. EoTN is another game. You get those 3 points by linking an existing GW1 account of proph/nightfall/factions to EoTN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Proph, nightfall and factions are considered 1 game. EoTN is another game. You get those 3 points by linking an existing GW1 account of proph/nightfall/factions to EoTN.
    In other words you drop $50 to buy all 4 games and boom, 3 points after you link your Gw1 account to GW2

Btw add Sypa Ravenhowl to Friends if/when you get the game I need 22 points to Mac HoM (50/50) so I'll be playing for a looooooooooooong time
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

This is interesting, because the 3 points even before buying EoTN. But anyway I found the FAQ of HoM that I didn't see before. It says:

Q: Why did I receive 3 points for having "Accounts Linked" under the Monument of Honor when I haven't done any linking yet?

A: When Guild Wars 2 is released, there will be a way to link your Guild Wars account to your Guild Wars 2 account. If you own Eye of the North, you will receive 3 points for linking the accounts together. The Reward Calculator assumes that you will have linked the accounts together, so it automatically gives you those points.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    In other words you drop $50 to buy all 4 games and boom, 3 points after you link your Gw1 account to GW2

Btw add Sypa Ravenhowl to Friends if/when you get the game I need 22 points to Mac HoM (50/50) so I'll be playing for a looooooooooooong time
    Yh........I just wanted to be 100% accurate though. 2 other posts weren't quite right so wanted to get it bang on to help ppl out

EDIT::::::
    Shit.
    Ok then.
    I got those 3 points long before GW2 was announced, let alone ofc released so not sure how this works. Maybe it's simply owning EoTN and another GW1 game.
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-07-08 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raddry View Post
    Hey guys, so for some time I have been thinking on doing some HoM stuff in GW1 ( yeah I'm getting late into it ). But I am wondering, what does the 3 points Accounts Linked refer to? Is it about linking gw1 account to gw2? Can someone provide information on this or a link to some source? And what is the process to link the two accounts.

Also if I'm asking this it's because in the online HOM calculator, it says I got 5/50 but the first 3 from accounts linked is not coloured. So I assume that it really is about linking accounts with GW2.
    Let's do it! XD I just started 2 days ago haha. So yeah, everybody answered already. Linking will provide you 3 points and the calculator already does that for you. Add me Am Aizen if anyone wanna talk about the points (because I sure as hell dont really know what Im doing hahah)

10+ Year Old Account
    True, apologizes, was better be specific (i was assuming he was goign to read al my post about buy expansions expecially North).

Yh........I just wanted to be 100% accurate though. 2 other posts weren't quite right so wanted to get it bang on to help ppl out

EDIT::::::
    Shit.
    Ok then.
    I got those 3 points long before GW2 was announced, let alone ofc released so not sure how this works. Maybe it's simply owning EoTN and another GW1 game.
    Haveing EOTN means you own one of the other 3 campaigns. Prof, nightfall, and factions are all stand alone games with the ability to connect to eachother if on the same account. EOTN is an expansion not a campaign and requires one of the other 3 to be activated on an account. Buying EOTN without a campaign is pointless.

Even with EOTN you dont get any points on your GW2 account if you dont link your GW1 account to it so it is kinda accurate to say that those 3 points are a gift for linking your accounts together. It just has the caveat that the GW1 account requires EOTN to be a valid target for a link.

Who is John Galt?