Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just saw a 85 rogue drop a 90 hunter

I think it's an obvious bug, but I'm wondering if anyone's experienced it.
    The 85 rogue jumped a 90 hunter who was at 100% HP, knocked off 90% in the first 2 GCDs.
    I asked him how he did it and he just said "I used sinister strike".
    I could only inspect him for a second, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary.
    MH looked like a blue mace ilvl around 395ish.

Hunter was in full PVP gear too.

Are you sure the hunter didn't just feign death?

I've heard about level 1 rogues doing this to 85+, something about some piece of gear that scales wrong and gives crazy stats - like +20000 agil. Sorry, heard it at work from someone on Beta - and I am not in beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytanicus View Post
    Are you sure the hunter didn't just feign death?
    Nope, because I was about to drop him on my priest, but the rogue got to him first. Plus, I saw the hp drop by 90%.

Deleted
    Very probably a bug of sorts, of which the beta is full of. I mean, there was a bug present not two weeks ago now, that made the hunters silithid's stamina buff increase hp by like 3000% instead of whatever it was meant to be. Saw a hunter using it and walking around at level 85 with 750k hp lol xD

Most likely a bug, like the 70k SP wand. Living bomb ticks for 150k+ at level 85 :s

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    Most likely a bug, like the 70k SP wand. Living bomb ticks for 150k+ at level 85 :s
    Searched wowhead, there's a couple of bugged weapons that he may have gotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blacksmithing weapons are currently bugged with 5k stats and crazy speed. They will literally lag you to 0 FPS and you can't do anything. They break right after that, so using them on bosses and in any pvp besides duels would be fruitless.

Startropic
    Simple Math - US-Andorhal
    Windwalker Monk

no bug, rogues are just good, not op, just good....

Quote Originally Posted by ViskoGaming View Post
    no bug, rogues are just good, not op, just good....
    Rogue damage on beta is super undertuned compared to other classes. So it pretty much has to be a bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Even if it was overtuned by the degree frost DKs were, no one is dying inside 2 seconds on 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theres some bugs like that, there was a video of like a lvl 10 or something nearly one shotting 80s with a single Pain cast. Theres some gear that has crazy ratings in the beta, think its the hierlooms not scaling properly or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

yeah rogues are good but not THAT good (you wish eh?)
    i saw those 85 rogues kill 90 players on some stream.
    it is a bugged item that has no cd / gcd and spams tons of damage into you within seconds. forgot its name but it was shown in the combat log.

tldr: It is a bug 100% confirmed.
    Last edited by WarTV; 2012-07-07 at 06:26 PM.

Deleted
    Whats the point of the thread, really? Do you think this will be the case when MOP goes live? Do you think a level 1 character can beat a level 90 in one GCD (if that happens sometimes)? No, you know its a bug.

Could make 10000 threads about stuffs like this, but as said, its pointless. Its bugs on a beta, how surprising isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim View Post
    Whats the point of the thread, really? Do you think this will be the case when MOP goes live? Do you think a level 1 character can beat a level 90 in one GCD (if that happens sometimes)? No, you know its a bug.

Could make 10000 threads about stuffs like this, but as said, its pointless. Its bugs on a beta, how surprising isnt it?
    They asked if it was a common problem verses a once off.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    Don't forget the non-flagging frostbolt of doom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    They asked if it was a common problem
    No, its not a problem. Its gonna be like that, you just have to found that specifically item so you can oneshot ppl. Always been like that. There is a item at AH you can do the same with, go check it out.

ITS NOT A BUG! (sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim View Post

I don't know, I kept quiet about a few bugged grey items from the Cataclysm beta just to see how long it would take Blizzard for them to nerf it, and the bugged grey items didn't get fixed until about a month later after release. Obviously this is more... Apparent, but making threads aren't useless. No one made a thread about it, I easily could've reported it and squashed it, but what fun is in that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjsno View Post
    I don't know, I kept quiet about a few bugged grey items from the Cataclysm beta just to see how long it would take Blizzard for them to nerf it, and the bugged grey items didn't get fixed until about a month later after release. Obviously this is more... Apparent, but making threads aren't useless. No one made a thread about it, I easily could've reported it and squashed it, but what fun is in that?
    Brb buying bugged stuff from AH that can oneshot ppl and making a list of the items so ppl can use them for some hours! :-D Well...ye, sure that could be fun to some ppl.

Why would it suprise you that much? Rogue might have been some PVP stud and the Hunter some guy who didn't know much about his toon.