Upgrading motherboard

I'm looking for the best recommendation for an AMD Phenom II X4 925 Quad-Core CPU. Yes I realize this is a bit of an older CPU but upgrading things a bit at a time here. My current board is ASUS M4A78LT-M LE AM3 AMD 780L Micro ATX AMD Motherboard.

I'm looking to go to a normal ATX board to be able to support 2 GTX 580 cards as my current one will not due to it being a micro ATX. Looking for the best recommendation to upgrade. Price point at the moment is around $100 and no more than $115 before shipping. If necessary my current case is an Antec 900 Ultimate Gamer case. If possible I would like the board to have a SATA 6gb/s port as well.

Cheers
    Last edited by Liteside; 2012-07-07 at 08:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    This.

But keep in mind, that with this cpu, you will most likely not benefit from a SLI'd GTX580. So before you get a second one, you should upgrade your CPU. And just a small hint: always upgrade CPU+MB at the same time or you might gimp yourself in the future.
    (If you get a new MB now, and plan to upgrade the cpu in 5 months, then in 5 months there might be a newer/better generation which will not run on your MB)
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Also be ready to re-install windows, and upgrade your cpu before getting a second 580.

what CPU upgrade would you recommend then if I were to upgrade it at the same time? As far as reinstalling and what not I have no issues with.

Deleted
    depends on your budget but an i5-2500k or i5-3570k ($190-230 range) with a Z75/Z77 ($90-130 range) motherboard would be optimal.

Yea so I think I'm looking at around 250-350 regardless which sets me back probably till my tax return. Cheers.