Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is Starcraft 2 worth buying?

Hello! As the title say im thinking about getting Starcraft 2 as im a huge fan of RTS games. Having played WC3 TFT on battle.net for many years im looking for something new and SC2 seems like the perfect choice My only problem is the price tag on the game which will be reduced knowing its well worth it!

Note: Although I will play through the campaign I will probably spend most of my timee playing multiplay games on B.NET. Any feedback is great, thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I had fun with the game. Definitely got my moneys worth out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    because you said you'd be playing multiplayer games online, yes it's definitely worth it. Theres many custom games that are just extremely fun (probes vs zlots, NOTD, Undead Assault III, etc etc etc)
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

10+ Year Old Account
    Starcraft 2 is a great game. Simply put, I love it. Most definitely worth the money. I play online matches, lose just about every one, but still have a blast.

I don't really know what else to say, I guess, other than if you love RTS games, you'll love SC2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

Yea, it's a GREAT game!

Just MP is hard if you don't know hotkey-s and be quick on a mouse. But it's fun, even if you lose

Yea, buy it, it's worth the money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the multiplayer is amazing and the single player campaign is great. The custom games are fantastic as well.

Actually for me right now between blizzard games I'm having the most fun with SC2, its still entertaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely, I played through the campaign several times. And could do it again, just don't have the time for it atm. I was planning on playing ladder, but i am to anxious and nervous in competitive play. Totally screws me over

And the custom made games people have made for it are awesome, there's a lot to choose from.

I just wish I would do better in ladder play, but I guess I will just keep watching others instead. Still a lot of fun.

Deleted
    If you are a big RTS fan, this is simply a must-buy. Get it...even at full price.

The campaign was really bad (except for the customization aspect), but the ladder experience is much better. Still no clans and the whole thing feels quiet/dead unfortunately. All in all worth it if you're looking for some good competitive multiplayer.

Yes, bought 3 week's ago, that i liked the most on Starcraft 2 is the community behind it, amount of Youtube guides, awesome and entertaining people like Day[9], Dapollo and many others. Its a 2 year old game that have the best community ever. If you post on Forums people will help you, analyze your replays and stuff.
    The competitive scenario is another thing that is good, like every weekend have a Tournament or something like that, you can watch Streams all day/weekend ,it don't get boring, and you really start to like the universe.
    Its my first RTS online game, but i have played games like HoN, Dota, LoL and for me the best community is from Starcraft, when you start playing Starcraft and then join in a new game you are like "WoW, people in this game are really stupid and aggressive, i'm going back to Starcraft"

*Edit: and i forgot to mention, Starcraft is like 99% 1v1, so no one to shit your games like in Dota.
    Last edited by Blackdecker; 2012-07-08 at 01:07 AM.

Deleted
    Yes it's worth the money. I enjoyed it vary much the first few months. I don't play that much more.

Yep bought it when it came out and still havent beat the campaign, to busy in multiplayer. Just dont be discouraged when you lose it takes lots of practice to get good. Go to places like teamliquid.net to get strats and etc
    Last edited by skatblast; 2012-07-08 at 01:11 AM.

I'm a diehard Company of Heroes and Age of Empires fan. Even so, I learned to appreciate the ease of sliding right into Starcraft 2. The matchmaking gets you into a game within a minute. I quit playing CoH simply because of this. I hate waiting 20mins sometimes for a game in CoH. As much as I love CoH, the connectivity has is outdated.
    I payed some £39 or something for it. It's now available for £24 in the UK. I'd say go for it. IF you like warcraft, starcraft, etc you should feel right at home. The campaign is great too.

Deleted
    I'm not big on the RTS genre myself, but I have to say I enjoyed Starcraft 2 a lot. It's a very good game, both for multi-player and single-player situations. Although there's some plot points I didn't like, the story is very gripping at times and is told well both in between and during missions without impacting on the game-play too heavily.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphiroc View Post
    Hello! As the title say im thinking about getting Starcraft 2 as im a huge fan of RTS games. Having played WC3 TFT on battle.net for many years im looking for something new and SC2 seems like the perfect choice My only problem is the price tag on the game which will be reduced knowing its well worth it!

Note: Although I will play through the campaign I will probably spend most of my timee playing multiplay games on B.NET. Any feedback is great, thanks in advance!
    Absolutely, it's a good game, and you'll need it in order to play the expansion coming soon!

But when it comes to the multiplayer in it, player against player, it can be hard to get into at the moment. But eventually , you will be facing people of a similar skill level.
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2012-07-08 at 01:44 AM.

Deleted
    Then I shall buy it shortly!! I cant see a single negative comment ^_^ Thanks for the replies everyone!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought the game a few months ago and I was totally new to starcraft and have played a few strategy games before. I have played one or two levels from the campaign but I don't generally play single player modes so I just went online and played with friends. It's really fun and just entertaining/challenging to play with friends against other teams. I must say after a 5+ games I get a little bored but then I just quit en play some other time

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Its a very solid game, but its only worth for its fast paced and balanced multiplayer to be honest. I've found the campaign a letdown, the story wasn't even appealing. The multiplayer matches are quite fun, but stressfull. Sometimes when I win, I get flamed by my opponent. Whoever said SC2 has a great community should take a better look imo.

If you want to play the multiplayer, I suggest to learn some tactics beforehand, and fight against AI in skirmish. Like I did

The best competitive RTS right now. Its gameplay is just much better than WC3 imo. It has also been said by many people to have the best singleplayer gameplay. Story is not that good though just like all of Blizzard's games but it's enjoyable.