Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should not remove the .5% mounts and/or titles, they should just make them available to everyone if they actually want to stay consistent with what they are doing to PvE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manavz View Post
    Except in PvE it apparently is. Experiencing 2v2 arena would be LFR in PvE. Random BG would be the random heroic. Even after that, a lot of the wow community wants heroic content to be nerfed so they can do it. Nothing wrong with that, but giving the same item to a person who puts in 100 times less effort is just stupid. Thats the point OP is trying to get across. In PvE you cant have special titles or mount if you put in more effort, but in PvP you can?
    I'd suggest you to stop whining about that PvE-players don't get anything. PvE players get almost everything for doing their PvE, meanwhile PvP players don't have basically any rewards for doing PvP, except the titles and the glad mount. Hell, PvP players even don't get money for doing it, except if they change their honor to mats and sell them. And as it has been said earlier, why should PvP titles be removed because there aren't exactly similar rewards in PvE, why not just add that kind of rewards to PvE?

more (but limited) exclusive stuff the better..
    If there is no aim or goal then there is no point in trying or playing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dairyking101 View Post
    Just as I said on the title, lets remove these from the game. I know you must be why? Because PvE players don't get the same recognition as people that play PvP. Server first guilds may get the title/ gear first (even a FoS) for maybe a month then other guilds get it and Bam the server first guilds have nothing besides a FoS to show the work they put into that content. While PvP titles/mounts are always Prestiges and show they worked their butt off to receive that title/ mount. All I am saying is if people complain that PvE is easy than lets give something to those people that work hard something different than everyone else.
    If anything, PvE players get MORE recognition, not in the form of a mount, but ,wel... you know, recognition. You see world first kills flying around on the internet on pages like MMO-champions and such, while this is never done for the top PvPers.

The major difference here is the length of time, commitment and dedication it takes to achieve the same level for both PvP & PvE.

As someone who does Hardcore PvE & Casual PvP, I can tell you that both have their difficulties, and there are major differences in their game play & style.

However there must be the understanding that in order to be part of that 0.5% in PvP you need to be working constantly, endlessly to not only get there, but maintain your position within that bracket. Within PvE once world first / server first / region firsts have been claimed the race is effectively off, and you can come back week after week to work on the encounters and progress them.

You can't really do this in PvP, and because of that I feel anyone who is within the top 0.5% deserves something special.

Deleted
    I don't understand why people that only play pve feel threatened by pvp and the other way around. In my opinion though, and I have done my share of PvE, PvE isn't faceroll, far from it, but you can't compare moving around and using a rotation and responding to fixed variables in a boss fight to knowing every class and setup you can possibly face, including your own classa and setup, and have lightning reflexes and intelligent thinking. I'm sure in random BG's and anything below 1800 rating, you can just have gear, tunnelvision and win. But I assure you if you play at a decent level you'll never get away with something as simple as that. I realise PvE is more than just knowing a fight and doing your stuff, but there is consistency as to where pvp is so random and fast paced, taking in you're playing against other human players, the bar is always put higher and higher.

On topic: No, titles and mounts shouldn't be removed. It shows people what they have accomplished and the whole special snowflake arguement seems dumb to me. It's a videogame, ofcourse you want to be a special snowflake, you are the customer. People that say they should remove special mounts and what not, should be fine if all armor was invisible and the entire game looked bland and everyone had the exact same 2 skills, attack and heal.

Quote Originally Posted by VelmuVeera View Post
    I'd suggest you to stop whining about that PvE-players don't get anything. PvE players get almost everything for doing their PvE, meanwhile PvP players don't have basically any rewards for doing PvP, except the titles and the glad mount. Hell, PvP players even don't get money for doing it, except if they change their honor to mats and sell them. And as it has been said earlier, why should PvP titles be removed because there aren't exactly similar rewards in PvE, why not just add that kind of rewards to PvE?
    How am i whining? I never said to remove the titles, and OP is just using PvP to make a point. Im sure he doesn't want it removed, and they used to have rewards for realm 1sts. Titles, which have been removed. All OP is asking is for those titles to be reintroduced. Most PvE players also only get money from boss drops. If they get lucky, they can get a BoE to sell. IF.
    Last edited by Manavz; 2012-07-12 at 05:46 PM.

Who cares what other people have for mounts or titles? It's a vanity item in a fictional video game universe.

Deleted
    It would be similar if they just added realm first PvE titles back and maybe had a mount drop from the Heroic last boss or come from the achievement for a very limited amount of time. Kind of like with Naxxramas proto-drakes but with a shorter duration of availability OR like Invincible/Mimiron's head but the mounts get removed from the loot table entirely when new tier comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    It would be similar if they just added realm first PvE titles back and maybe had a mount drop from the Heroic last boss or come from the achievement for a very limited amount of time. Kind of like with Naxxramas proto-drakes but with a shorter duration of availability OR like Invincible/Mimiron's head but the mounts get removed from the loot table entirely when new tier comes out.
    Could you imagine how many times we'd have to hear the words "special snowflake" from the idiots that already love that term?
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2012-07-12 at 06:40 PM.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Who cares what other people have for mounts or titles? It's a vanity item in a fictional video game universe.
    This argument doesn't hold water. Everyone who takes either raiding or pvp seriously care about how they rank and how their guild ranks. I am not even a top raider, still haven't cleared DS in heroic because i don't have the time to raid a heavy schedule, and I still feel the top guilds, or those guilds/players who accomplish something when the content is relevant deserve something over those who wait until 3 patches later. I don't care about nerfs and allowing others to see the fights, or the gear...hell just give everyone the gear they want then see who truly is best and not someone who was lucky or fed gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about lets not and say we did.

OP is just being facetious in making the point that PVP still has top tier rewards and PVE does not. Removing the top tier pvp rewards is not the solution, adding some back to PVE is. Currently PVE has the date stamp on an achievement and a guild FOS, which is significantly less prominent than a title, mount, and personal feat of strength. I know the OP was referring to the top .5% but I'm going to talk about the Rank 1 titles.

Yes, this is the unique snow flake argument, but people deserve rewards for hard work. Someone who sports a Merciless Gladiator title put a significant amount of effort into achieving it, and they were rewarded with something that stands for their hard work and dedication. The value of the title will never degrade because it cannot be achieved and it was only achieved by people who put in the same amount of effort and were as skillful as other Merciless Gladiators. Similar titles (Vengeful, Deadly, etc.) can be achieved, that represent slightly different circumstances (e.g. flavor of the month comps) but still stand for a similar idea (best in season).

Those PVP titles parallel the PVE Server first raid clear titles. Death's Demise, The Celestial Defender, and Grand Crusader are all titles that represent someone's dedication and skill, and their value can no longer be diminished. Death's Demise is a slight exception because ~275 people got it before a nerf. Every title was achieved under different circumstances (class balance variation across patches) but stand for a similar idea (first on server to defeat a difficult raid). They stick with your character forever and define the history of your character.

The fact that there are inherent differences between PVP and PVE doesn't matter. People argue that one is more difficult than the other, which is probably true, but the two are mutually exclusive when it comes to these kinds of rewards. As a PVPer who feels PVE is too easy to earn a title that is similar in nature to Rank 1 titles, you can do one of two things: Go get both, or not care about the PVE title. Someone else earning it and having their moment in the PVE spotlight has no negative impact on you if you don't care about PVE. Seeing someone running around with last season’s rank 1 title doesn't have a negative impact on a PVEer either. It would be like a football player who just won the Super Bowl being upset that he saw a hockey player on tv win the Stanley cup a few months later.

It is admittedly easier to get a realm first title because there are more opportunities for one (25 people across all the servers vs. 8ish people per BG). I've been pointing out similarities between the two, but this doesn't mean they are the same. Different people will view the different titles in different ways, and that's ok. Everyone assigns their own value to vanity, and these values can co-exist.

I think it's great that PVPers have these ultra-difficult titles. I'm not arguing for reinstating server first titles just because PVP has something similar. I'm arguing it because the model makes sense, it made sense when PVE had it, and it wouldn't make any sense to take them away from PVP. These titles are timeless representations of someone’s skill and dedication to a certain aspect of the game, and they add extra incentive to those of us who enjoy playing at that level.
    Last edited by Nerio; 2012-07-12 at 08:06 PM.

Deleted
    How am i whining? I never said to remove the titles, and OP is just using PvP to make a point. Im sure he doesn't want it removed, and they used to have rewards for realm 1sts. Titles, which have been removed. All OP is asking is for those titles to be reintroduced. Most PvE players also only get money from boss drops. If they get lucky, they can get a BoE to sell. IF.
    Well, he's asking for the PvP titles to get removed as well, even the whole topic name says it.

Quote Originally Posted by VelmuVeera View Post
    Well, he's asking for the PvP titles to get removed as well, even the whole topic name says it.
    From what i read, hes using the remove PvP items as a point. Does he want it done? IDK but imo OP is just pointing Blizzards logic fail. They dont want to reward one group for the work they put in, but they reward another group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dairyking101 View Post
    Just as I said on the title, lets remove these from the game. I know you must be why? Because PvE players don't get the same recognition as people that play PvP. Server first guilds may get the title/ gear first (even a FoS) for maybe a month then other guilds get it and Bam the server first guilds have nothing besides a FoS to show the work they put into that content. While PvP titles/mounts are always Prestiges and show they worked their butt off to receive that title/ mount. All I am saying is if people complain that PvE is easy than lets give something to those people that work hard something different than everyone else.
    Why would you even give 2 bits of shit about these titles really..

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 09:37 AM ----------

Sorry but you sir need to learn to read.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonTurky View Post
    Why would you even give 2 bits of shit about these titles really..

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 09:37 AM ----------

Sorry but you sir need to learn to read.
    Sorry but you sir need to learn to read between the lines.... Look at WHY he wants it removed... but that would require you to read more then the title wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Narrax View Post
    This argument doesn't hold water. Everyone who takes either raiding or pvp seriously care about how they rank and how their guild ranks. I am not even a top raider, still haven't cleared DS in heroic because i don't have the time to raid a heavy schedule, and I still feel the top guilds, or those guilds/players who accomplish something when the content is relevant deserve something over those who wait until 3 patches later. I don't care about nerfs and allowing others to see the fights, or the gear...hell just give everyone the gear they want then see who truly is best and not someone who was lucky or fed gear.
    I take raiding seriously, and I don't care what other guilds have accomplished or done. So they cleared _____ with some super ultra hard mode activated. What impact does that have on anyone else?