Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'd build a nice big house in either Norway or Sweden, in an abandoned town due to lack of jobs... hire people to do research on where there's a hole in the market to create jobs and earn money and start a company. One that one is succesful and let a smart person run it so i can ejoy my matte black Koenigsegg. And i'd invest a couple million and donate money to an animal charrity, screw humans.

Deleted
    1.) get a new computer
    2.) get a new tv
    3.) get a new smart phone
    4.) buy the appartment i'm currently renting (i'll make them an offer they cannot refuse! :P)
    5.) have the garden of my new appartment :P done
    6.) support the childrens charity which i've been working for as a volunteer now also financially
    7.) buy some appartments / buildings to rent them to other people and make even more money with real estate :P

buy ALL the things.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    50 million, sans taxes. Let's say the government takes half, because I like to play it on the edge. 25 million left.

I take 10 million and stash it away. I think the highest the US insures bank accounts is 100,000. So, 100 accounts at 100,000? Funnel the semi-annual interest into an account for day to day living. Or just one big account depending on how the interest sits and the banks react. Who knows. Point is, 10 million sitting collecting interest.

15 million. Obviously, pay my debts, my families debts, my closest friends debts, and take out a billboard ad telling the friends who have been worthless mooches my whole life to screw themselves. Figure...14 million left, because I don't know how much billboards cost. The fancy ones, in high definition.

14 million. House building for the close family and friends. Nothing extravagant, because they need to cover property tax and stuff still. Elegant, but not pretentious or showy. say, 12 million.

12 million. My house. Theater, game room, wi-fi, bitchin' pool, large property; maybe somewhere by a forest for wicked paint ball. Also, in door paint ball arena. Buy a plane, learn to fly. Go to college for the fun of it, not because I need a degree. I do enjoy learning. M.I.T. here I come! 5 million to play it safe. Oh, and my 750 GSXR because fuck yes.

5 million. Charitable donations to schools, museums, science centers, homeless shelters, whatever else comes to mind.

0: Ah, see? I still have 10 million collecting interest! Suckers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    You're right, with 50 million, it is indeed hard to be ruined by buying a house. That's why: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ined-life.html
    To be fair, that guy's life was already a mess. Though that's why I always thought letting people know you won is a bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're right, with 50 million, it is indeed hard to be ruined by buying a house. That's why: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ined-life.html
    Individually picking out articles about the lottery that ruined some ones life isn't a good supportive argument for your claim. Maybe get some statistics showing that more than 50% of lottery winners (over 50m) regret winning the lotto. Then I'll believe that lottery ruins lives.

I'd never let that happen to me, I would check my ticket in the machine, walk out discretley, take it to the claims office and tell them that I want to speak to a manger and or CCO (Vancouver branch is home to the CCO) and tell him I don't want any publicity just to wire it into my account. I hate it but my family is a bit around the high wealthy ranking rating but not rich, so we're used to hiding out wealth.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Put it into savings and live off the $350k/yr minimum, sadly that's enough to buy the toys I'd want. Don't care for showy cars, they're already slower than my bike anyways.

Probably would spend a nice chunk of change on a house or a condo upfront though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    Individually picking out articles about the lottery that ruined some ones life isn't a good supportive argument for your claim. Maybe get some statistics showing that more than 50% of lottery winners (over 50m) regret winning the lotto. Then I'll believe that lottery ruins lives.
    I just google'd and that's what came up. I wasn't searching for a specific article.
    Read the full article and tell me that is not typical human behavior. I dare you to.

Invest, new condo, new car, give 10 mil to parents, 5 mil to sister, take care of family. buying someone a 5 million house isnt that good of an idea because them paying property tax on that is impossible, you will have to do it, keep that min mind. Same with cars, you said you are Canadian, so, you can not have more than one car insured under your name, so you would have to start a small business of sort and insure the cars under that.

But yeah, take care of finances, invest 70% of the money and live off the interest.

If I had won 50 million dollars, I wouldn't sit hit here thinking about what if.

-_-

Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    you said you are Canadian, so, you can not have more than one car insured under your name
    My Dad lives in B.C. and he has 3 cars under his name not under his business.

The guy is not very smart. Obviously, you can't continue your normal life when you won such amount of money.
    The first thing I would do is move to a location where everyone is rich. Possibly another country. And considering that some people have a lot more than 50 million, there would be no envy or hate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyon View Post
    I would do something similar. Looks like this is the home design for you. all-that-is-interesting(dot)com/post/4956385434/the-first-zombie-proof-house

I like some of the properties listed on missilebases(dot)com/properties
    Zombie Proof House

Seen that one before and decided it would need some changing but the general idea is good. Would have under ground tunnels and be as self sufficient as i could get it. Also Aliens style 50'cals mounted everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay09 View Post
    If I had won 50 million dollars, I wouldn't sit hit here thinking about what if.

-_-
    But you haven't yet :P I sincerely hope you win 50 million, I wish everyone here could win it. Take this as a chance to let it all out, let yourself imagine it so that you never see the lottery sign again wishing that you won it, if you end up winning in the future use these posts as suggestions of what to do with the money. Good luck

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in scotland so say 50 quid

First thing I would do is grab some mates and fly to Ibiza, right away to celebrate.
    When I get home I would start by phoning a good architect and getting him to draw the plans out for a dream home (Limit 1million) Then pass my driving right away and buy an Audi a4 cause why would I buy a Ferrari or some shit to crash right away right?

After my house is complete (which would be fast cause I'd have the money to move it along) I would move in, obviously. I would have been shopping before this for clothes and shit and the gym equipment for my new gym.
    My Games room would be pretty big - Pool table, a rig worth 10grand at one side of the room and an xbox at the other playing on a projector, this room would also have thick ass walls and a big ass lock on the door. I would make it so the house is scured to hell and a 8 feet wall outside with nasty shit at the top of it to deter unwanted fucked from breaking in!

I could honestly describe so much more I would do but I think it would end up a mess.. Dream about this alot...
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Again, adding to my list :P a custom made sword, engraved and all that. Man, the Lich King would envy me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aerimae View Post
    My Dad lives in B.C. and he has 3 cars under his name not under his business.
    Really? might be just ontario then, or might be an outdated law im referring to, not sure lol...

10+ Year Old Account
    Throw some money at epicmealtime, the rest of it? Buy a house and save the rest of it.

Haha it might be Ontario but either way it would be amazing having the 3 most beautiful cars in your garage, ready to race.