Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    Buy a bunker, zombie proof it.
    Make sure my mum is taken care of.
    I would do something similar. Looks like this is the home design for you. all-that-is-interesting(dot)com/post/4956385434/the-first-zombie-proof-house

I like some of the properties listed on missilebases(dot)com/properties

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerimae View Post
    Oh LOL I forgot Americans have to pay winning tax (god bless Canada) well imagine that you won 200mil an 50mil is all you got
    Haha, American taxes. Although, their jackpots are usually quite a bit larger than ours, so it about evens out.

Deleted
    Id take 1mil for myself and put the rest on a bond and live filthy rich without ever losing money.
    Buy myself a nice house, not too big, i prefer small and cozy. dont have debts to pay off so nothing goes there.
    some in charity, and the rest is for me and my family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Put 10M aside in a savings account for the next 30 years and give 10M to my parents. Build a nice house and go a long vacation with my friends (while the house is being built). Leave the rest in the bank and live off the interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Contrary to what many charities would lead you to believe, there are other worthwhile causes that you can donate to where you would really make a difference. For example a local history museum whose grant just got axed due to budget cuts and is close to closing.
    Yeah, however who gives a fuck about a local history museum when there are people dying out there, because of lack of food, lack of clean water, etc etc, you know the things.

New house, new car, taken the whole family to a long vacation, I'd probably go nuts if I didn't have work, so I'd probably have to start something, I might have done some charity, something like starting a gym for troubled youth, free obviously, with small appartments so kids from the whole country could come and be given a chance.
    I don't know I got many plans

My first priorities would be to get a nice big, sound-proofed house (with a boiler that doesn't need fixed every second month), a new computer that can handle all of my stuff and doesn't have components randomly explode, melt, and/or shoot out electricity...

Then I'd build a home studio and some better guitars/basses, some drums, keyboards and VSTs and a better DAW...

Pay off my debt to my gas company, which I should even have, since the aforementioned boiler can't even keep my radiators and hot water working...

Buy my brother a house...

Buy a lotta games and consoles...

Buy myself a MASSIVE bed, with a truckload of pillows and a memory foam mattress...

Buy clothes I've always wanted, but've never been able to afford; My taste in clothes is really weird, it's not designer stuff, but it ain't cheap.

Take driving lessons, buy myself a car and a van. Not interested in buying some suped-up sports car, since speeding is illegal, it costs more to get fixed, and of course, I'd probably crash it.

Maybe hire a cook...

I dunno, that's a lotta money, and I'm weird. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    Build a real estate empire, by smartly playing the field.
    Yeah, that would totally work...

I love all those people who say "...buy a Bugatti, house etc". I love seeing them crash and burn after they realize they can't sustain that after they spend all the money. And it's a true story! Winning a lottery ruins people's lives easily.
    Last edited by vep; 2012-07-08 at 11:22 AM.

Deleted
    live very happy

Deleted
    Pay off Parents debits,
    Buy a plot of land and have an architect work with me on my ideal home.
    Send every member of my family a Gift certificate worth 100 pesos (about £5) with a message say "Fuck you very much for when I needed help and you were not there"
    Set up my own business building bespoke PC's with Customized cases, water cooling etc.
    Throw a giant party for all the "friends" I suddenly acquired, and then ensure they get stiffed for the bill.
    For my 8-10 closest Friends and there partners, Take them on a round the world holiday using a private jet, 5 Star hotels, Chauffeured Limo's, and couple of million spending money between them. when they get back they would find a car each, and there debits paid off.

What ever is left over would be split into 2. Half would go into a high interest bank account as my "nest egg" other half would be available as cash in normal bank accounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Haha, American taxes. Although, their jackpots are usually quite a bit larger than ours, so it about evens out.
    The height of the jackpot is also determined by the winning chances. It gets higher when less people win. And of course by the number of players who pay into the jackpot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd put it in the bank and continue living like nothing out of the ordinary happened, but without the need to ever work again.

I would probably share some with my family and close friends because of what they've done for me. I like the apartment i live in so i have no reason to move to a fortress either.

I'd probably try to invest some money aswell in the hopes to make it grow even larger. I would NOT donate it to charity. No one ever helped me, so why would i help anyone else? Survival of the fittest. Either you are in luck or you're not.

“Those who say that money can't buy happiness, never had any.”
    ― Samuel L. Jackson
    Last edited by Nelfie; 2012-07-08 at 11:25 AM.
    I registered on MMO-Champion, and all I got was this lousy signature...

Sickens me how many people would get a new car.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Yeah, that would totally work...

I love all those people who say "...buy a Bugatti, house etc". I love seeing them crash and burn after they realize they can't sustain that after they spend all the money. And it's a true story! Winning a lottery ruins people's lives more than it makes them better.
    But those ruined people are often winners of only minor jackpots of 1-5 million. They freak out and don't think far enough into the future.

When you win high amounts like 50 million it's quite hard to be ruined by buying a house and an expensive car.

Burn them, as i hate dollars.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Never being able to work again sounds pretty cool. But I cant just sit on my but and play games all day and everyday either. And without going to work / university you will probably end up with a major lack of friends (that don't use you for the money).

Not sure what i'd do with it besides the obvious house and car. Just bank it all I guess and live off the interest + work salary.

Why not? cars are my passion and my current car is crap...

Deleted
    Become Bruce Wayne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    But those ruined people are often winners of only minor jackpots of 1-5 million. They freak out and don't think far enough into the future.

When you win high amounts like 50 million it's quite hard to be ruined by buying a house and an expensive car.
    You're right, with 50 million, it is indeed hard to be ruined by buying a house. That's why: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ined-life.html

To add to my list I'd definitely go to London for the Olympics and then go to Scotland for a week, rent out one of the Kennedy castles (hey a family has got to stick together, LONG LIVE THE KENNEDY CLAN!) and then I'd build a school in Iran, many children there need educations that don't just teach "ISLAM ISLAM HERE HERE TAKE THIS ISLAM AND EAT IT! EAAAATTT IT GOD DAMNIT" I'd have one class a day to be Islam and the rest, western studies.