Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I ask this in all sincerity;

is "The Daily Mail" considered an authentic, journal of news or would it be more associated with say, "The National Enquirer" ?

only asking b/c the lack of or overstated "facts" & reporting could be skewed for sensationalism, although MANY "real" news agencies are guilty of that too! ^^
    Last edited by sugarlily; 2012-07-09 at 02:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever wondered why a lot of people tend to say "I don't like cops"?, here's one of many reasons why, there is no argument as to why this was even an issue to begin with, what were they doing wrong?

Those piggies will get whats coming to them eventually, sooner rather than later.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Also, something people are forgetting.

Dancing is NOT prohibited. Maybe frowned upon. But definetly allowed. This is ridiculous. But becoming more and more common to see these days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    The two-step is such a high-risk dance.

Edit:

Also, is there some kind of rule there stating you can't dance?

Then, a bit unrelated...

"Prosecutors dropped all charges against the couple, though not before they spent 23 hours in jail. "

Gee, all charges were dropped. Funny, that.

So is no restraints on certain rides like Spalsh Mountain or Tower of Terror at Disneyworld, until idiots decided to stand up and get themselves hurt and attempt to sue. Only takes one idiot to ruin it for everyone else, don't laugh at me for laws being made to protect idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    this couple has every right to sue the(as they stated that they are) The officer asked for ID and the man said he only had a credit card on him, and you are not required to show ID anywhere unless you are in a vehicle, and video taping police is legal and NY has no wiretaping law in place, so it was fully legal to video them. dancing in public is also legal. theres no disorderly conduct in this act. i hope they get a good bit of cash outa these cops.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    this couple has every right to sue the(as they stated that they are) The officer asked for ID and the man said he only had a credit card on him, and you are not required to show ID anywhere unless you are in a vehicle, and video taping police is legal and NY has no wiretaping law in place, so it was fully legal to video them. dancing in public is also legal. theres no disorderly conduct in this act. i hope they get a good bit of cash outa these cops.
    Forgetting the fact that the cop is only doing what he signed up for "Protect and serve". Protecting them from any crazy accident that may happen on a train platform. Something t ells me the whole story is not here. I highly doubt the cop went up there and told them to stop dancing, then proceeded to ask for ID. Something happened in between there, as always. The article is written in defense of the couple so of course we'll only see one side of the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Forgetting the fact that the cop is only doing what he signed up for "Protect and serve". Protecting them from any crazy accident that may happen on a train platform. Something t ells me the whole story is not here. I highly doubt the cop went up there and told them to stop dancing, then proceeded to ask for ID. Something happened in between there, as always. The article is written in defense of the couple so of course we'll only see one side of the story.
    what side of the story? unless they were attempting suicide in front of a train i see zero reason for the cop to have interrupted them. he didn't need to show ID, he proceeded to video tape the cop, he didnt take kindly to that and has ended up with a law suite against the police station.

thats the only thing i see here.

Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post
    Only in the US.
    wow, you have to be kidding me.
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy1346 View Post
    wow, you have to be kidding me.

Probably meant to say "Only in NY"
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    Ever wondered why a lot of people tend to say "I don't like cops"?, here's one of many reasons why, there is no argument as to why this was even an issue to begin with, what were they doing wrong?

Those piggies will get whats coming to them eventually, sooner rather than later.
    People like you sicken me. Call them Cops or Police not "piggies" because when something bad happens and you go to them for help they should act the same way about you. They are just trying to do there job, May not always be the right choice but no one is perfect.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graph View Post
    People like you sicken me. Call them Cops or Police not "piggies" because when something bad happens and you go to them for help they should act the same way about you. They are just trying to do there job, May not always be the right choice but no one is perfect.
    People act like all cops are the same and it's tiresome.

Some cops are bad, some are good. Cops are human and individual.

And also, can we stop with the "only in the US" bullshit? There are people lacking common sense in every country.
    Putin khuliyo

Stupid.
    You can't dance on the platform, he was only try to keep them safe. Dancing = chance to slip, slipping off the platform and onto the tracks could break your leg as you get ran over by a train. Officer was only enforcing the rules and trying to keep people safe, and what happens, well douchebags being douchebags. Hope the cops win.
    If that's all he was doing then what was the point of calling backup let alone tackling the guy? I mean would have been so hard to simply ask them to move the dancing 20 yards away from the tracks just in case something like that did happen?

what side of the story? unless they were attempting suicide in front of a train i see zero reason for the cop to have interrupted them. he didn't need to show ID, he proceeded to video tape the cop, he didnt take kindly to that and has ended up with a law suite against the police station.

thats the only thing i see here.
    People lie all the time, yes even people in their 50's, so the events may not have gone exactly as the couple described, based on what we know the Cop could have handled the situation a lot better but unless we get security footage or something more concrete than what someone believed to have happened there would be little to go on.
    Last edited by Dedweight; 2012-07-09 at 04:49 AM.

Deleted
    This is a load of bs imo. Police like that need to be fired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    People act like all cops are the same and it's tiresome.

Some cops are bad, some are good. Cops are human and individual.

And also, can we stop with the "only in the US" bullshit? There are people lacking common sense in every country.
    That's what I'm trying to say about the Cops. And Yes the only in US thing happens way to much on the forums.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

10+ Year Old Account
    even in a vehicle if you know your ID# you can just tell the cops that, they pull up your license and if the face weight info age etc match it's usually okay.

there has been a lot around about the wiretapping, but police are acting as public officials and while on duty anyone can PUBLICLY record them, try to hide the camera there might be a case, this has actually been taken to the supreme courts.
    a credit card is not a valid form of identification, the officer should of asked for the ID number.

a two step? and they were arrested?
    people giving cops a bad name...still cops in NY are puppy dogs compared to the rabid mutts(just a simile / compariston) in LA / oakland.
    cops in my home county are generally alright, bad apples get thrown out of the department pretty quickly.

i hope they do file a suit, if they do, they will win the case, though i'd bet that they will only get paid for lost wages, might be able to get the cop/s involved fired as well.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post

So when you get mugged/ your house gets invaded, you'll just live with it and not call the police?

Because that would be disgustingly hypocritical of you.

Stupid.
    Officer was only enforcing the rules and trying to keep people safe
    By that you probably should go out and arrest every second person in a car since they pose a much higher risk than an elderly couple dancing a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    It's why you don't do the Safety Dance. Cops are not your friends; they don't dance.

Anywaaay.... It sounds like a cop failing at his job or otherwise being overzealous. Good thing they dropped all charges, and I hope the lawsuit goes well for them.
    indeed! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPHEwEyFeus

they were on public property, arrested on phony charges, and no you don't need to show your id or even reveal your name unless they can clearly tell you what law you violated.

sounds like an easy settlement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    indeed! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPHEwEyFeus

they were on public property, arrested on phony charges, and no you don't need to show your id or even reveal your name unless they can clearly tell you what law you violated.

sounds like an easy settlement.
    Wait, wait. I've been stopped by cops on a number (read: shit-ton) of occasions just walking down the road. They ask for my ID, or if not on me, my social security number, and run it through dispatch or whatever. usually when I had just gotten off work and walking home, when I was tired as shit and they just saw me the fuck walking out the door of Wal-Mart because there were there at that time anyway. Are you telling me it is unlawful for them to do something like that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlily View Post
    I ask this in all sincerity;
    is "The Daily Mail" considered an authentic, journal of news or would it be more associated with say, "The National Enquirer" ?
    only asking b/c the lack of or overstated "facts" & reporting could be skewed for sensationalism, although MANY "real" news agencies are guilty of that too! ^^
    its somewhere in between.
    it dies from time to time carry a lot of serious news, but it is a tabloid, meaning it depends on sensationalism to sell