Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    It's why you don't do the Safety Dance. Cops are not your friends; they don't dance.

Anywaaay.... It sounds like a cop failing at his job or otherwise being overzealous. Good thing they dropped all charges, and I hope the lawsuit goes well for them.
    Yea... This case is just stupid and shoudn't even have happened rofl.
    Why would you arrest a couple for dancing... just.. what? >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Yea... This case is just stupid and shoudn't even have happened rofl.
    Why would you arrest a couple for dancing... just.. what? >.<
    I've heard about a lot of people who've been arrested for taking part in a flash mob. Sad but true

I was threatened with arrest for dancing in public. I was, admittedly, quite drunk at the time. The thing is, this was in a college town on a Friday night. If simply being drunk was the full extent of what was necessary to be arrested in said town, a lot of people would be in a lot of trouble. Apparently some behaviors trigger irrational anger in some cops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakshamash View Post
    Democracy...
    has nothing to do with it.

Thought I would finish your sentence for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Which sounds more likely: Some NYC cop felt like fucking with random people and tackled a guy, or two drunk ass adults were causing a mess on a Subway platform, the cop asked for their ID, they couldn't provide, and then became belligerent when the cop asked them to come with him back to his post so he could run their info?

Now ask yourself, which one sells papers
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Which sounds more likely: Some NYC cop felt like fucking with random people and tackled a guy, or two drunk ass adults were causing a mess on a Subway platform, the cop asked for their ID, they couldn't provide, and then became belligerent when the cop asked them to come with him back to his post so he could run their info?

Now ask yourself, which one sells papers
    They sound equally plausible to me, with the most likely explanation being a combination of both.

---------- Post added 2012-07-09 at 06:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Daily Mail story, which if your not form the UK translates as " (insert anything from immigrants to soup here) GIVES YOU CANCER, AIDS AND WILL MAKE YOU INFERTILE!" type journalism. In other words, pure scaremongering horseshit.
    Probably a metric feckton of stuff they *haven't* reported, so cannot take seriously until an impartial news company takes up the story., The fact they probably haven't (to my knowledge) suggests it isn't as bad as they make out.
    Here's an NBC source - http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...161712065.html

That they were initially charged with resisting arrest but the charge was dropped almost immediately speaks volumes. This is a cop fucking with people, with near certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    They sound equally plausible to me, with the most likely explanation being a combination of both.

---------- Post added 2012-07-09 at 06:29 PM ----------

Here's an NBC source - http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...161712065.html

That they were initially charged with resisting arrest but the charge was dropped almost immediately speaks volumes. This is a cop fucking with people, with near certainty.
    It is standard and normal for an officer to charge someone they are arresting with every single offense they can, and it is also normal for the prosecutors to immediately remove almost all of them (or all of them entirely) afterwards. Obviously in this case no elected official is going to bother using funds and time prosecuting people for "dancing," whether they were belligerent and resisted arrest or not. It's not a smart use of your resources, and is likely to massively backfire.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had my share of run ins with the NYPD. Not for criminal activity, but just under circumstances that I had to deal with them. I found them to be lazy, to abuse their powers, and pretty much retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by aztr0 View Post
    I've had my share of run ins with the NYPD. Not for criminal activity, but just under circumstances that I had to deal with them. I found them to be lazy, to abuse their powers, and pretty much retarded.
    Man I hate cops in NYC, especially in midtown and downtown/village.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmer View Post
    It is standard and normal for an officer to charge someone they are arresting with every single offense they can, and it is also normal for the prosecutors to immediately remove almost all of them (or all of them entirely) afterwards. Obviously in this case no elected official is going to bother using funds and time prosecuting people for "dancing," whether they were belligerent and resisted arrest or not. It's not a smart use of your resources, and is likely to massively backfire.
    So, officers charging people with things they are well aware the individuals did not do, regardless of whether they did anything wrong or not is obviously not a case of cops fucking with people?

Stories like this aren't making cops any more likeable to me. :P