Dolphin Variation - good?

Hey everyone.

I just saw the new setup of the month configurations by Chaud, and I tried to make mine in a spanish site.

I tried to follow the Dolphin parts, with the only difference of the processor changing to i5 2500k as I´ve heard much good about it. I couldnt find some of the other components as names change in spanish I guess (power supply and case) so I put others instead. I didn´t pick HDD or DVD as I plan to use my old ones from my pc and save some money.

My question is are those parts compatible and do they fit with each other good ?

PROCESADOR : CPU - Intel Core I5 - 2500k s. 1155 - Tray 200,40€
    PLACA BASE INTEL: Gigabyte-Z77- D3H-S1155-ATX-DDR3 102,10€
    RAM: KINGSTON DDR3 8GB(2X4)1600 MHZ-HYPERX- CL9 56,30€
    TORRE: CAJA-ATX-MEDIATORRE-S.F-NOX-CYCLOPS 25,10€
    VENTILADOR: COOLERMASTER-HYPER-212-EVO-1366-1155-1156-AM3+ 31,70€
    MULTILECTORES: LECTOR-TARJETAS-USB-CONCEPTR-TRAVEL-3.0 11,40€
    TARJETA GRAFICA: GIGABYTE-GEFORCE-GTX560-1GB-GDDR5-PCIE-WINFX2 169,30€
    FUENTE ALIMENTACION: TACENS-RADIX-V-550W-PFC-ACTIVO 38,60€

MY OLD HDD: WESTERN DIGITAL 500GB SATA 16MB CACHE

I don´t know if USB ports are made in the motherboard, so I put a card reader or something like that for USB 3.0 but if its unneeded I´ll remove it.

Give me your opinion on this, thanks in advance.

Moved you over to the build help section.

I'd take a Xigmatek Gaia if you can find one cheaper than the 212 Evo.

Yes, there are USB ports on the motherboard.

The build should work fine, but there is no reason to get the GTX 560 instead of the GTX 560 Ti or the GTX 460.

Well I picked the gtx 560 because it was the one listed in Chaud´s Dolphin setup, and its considered good for its cost. I don´t have a big budget and it looked fine to me. Maybe the hd 6870 that was suggested in Dolfin performs better with these parts ? I´ve heard something like Nvidia for Intel, and ATI for Amd motherboards is what should be made, is that true ?

Deleted
    I'd rather pick a GTX 460 or even a Radeon 6870 instead of a GTX 560. The 560 is essentially just an overclocked and re-branded GTX 460, and seeing as how the GTX 460 is very overclockable I see no reason to get a 560 instead - if anything you should look at the 560 Ti (which is argued to be the "real" GTX 560).

As tetris pointed out, if you can find another good tower heatsink for less it might be a better pick. €32 for a Hyper 212 Evo is a bit on the expensive side, especially if you look at what you can get for just €3 more or so.

Not sure about the PSU, never heard of that brand before.

Also, as this is in a foreign language, I can't make out what case you have selected?

The GTX 560 is just an overclocked GTX 460, and less powerful than the GTX 560 Ti.

That's a common misconception, but that is not true. It was true for multiple-GPUs for a while, but not for single cards. The HD6870 is stronger than the GTX 560.

---------- Post added 2012-07-09 at 01:34 PM ----------

Heh, we said the same thing at the same time
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Also, as this is in a foreign language, I can't make out what case you have selected?
    http://www.acuista.com/en/x/1279583-...cy-noxcyclops/

Well I just picked the tower and psu from the list of options but I didn´t chose them on purpose. I´d appreciate any better suggestions.

I changed it to http://www.appinformatica.com/ventil...m2.-am3%29.php for 23,10€, is it better?

And I decided on http://www.appinformatica.com/tarjet...t-hdmi-2dp.php instead of the gtx 560

---------- Post added 2012-07-10 at 08:13 AM ----------

So am I good to go like this? What PSU would you recommend me instead the one I chose ?
    Last edited by GLorym; 2012-07-09 at 12:30 PM.