Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Unhappy I think someone has taken away my cat

I love cats, so i bought a little 2 months cat (female)...i made everything to gave her a beautiful life..i helped her to grow up, gave her food,water and a HUGE amount of love...but when she reached 5 months i decided to make her a little bit more free, especially at night when they hunt and are more active..so for 1 months her days was like : sleeping at home in the day, and going outside to catch something at night...every morning she was waiting for me to open the door to get inside and sleep/play with me and do other cat's stuff....but..sunday morning..she was there outside the door waiting at 9.00...i heard her but i stayed in the bed til' 10.00....and then she's vanished..in 1 hour she is completely vanished and today is the 3rd day that i don't see her...
    Since there's no dogs around here and she is too small to go away alone...i think that one of my neighbours has taken away the cat and brought her to a far far place to get finally free..because they lamented that she occasionally used their garden as a toilette...but it never sounded like a huge problem..and TBH who cares about a 2-3cm long piece of shit in a garden? god is normal, there is cats,birds, every kind of creature can do that in every time...so i went to this conclusion...and now honestly i don't know how to investigate or do something..that cat is important for me and i don't wanna lose her..and it really saddens me seeing people who totally hates dogs/cats and every other kind of animal...i mean, you must be an enormous piece of putrid s**t to do something like that..

any suggestions to find her?

ps : i have a very bad english..sorry XD

Just from my experience my cat likes to go on mini vacations. He goes away for a day or two but he eventually does come back. You can ask your neighbors or walk around calling him to see if you can find him.

Deleted
    I read your story and missed one very important part... did you microchip your cat ?

No she doesn't have a microchip...i just moved from italy to croatia and i don't think they uses microchips here for the pets...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peep View Post
    No she doesn't have a microchip...i just moved from italy to croatia and i don't think they uses microchips here for the pets...
    Every country in the European Union has a connected database of chipped pets, if you bring your pet abroad you're required to not only chip them but also own a European Pet Passport (Yes, i know croatia isn't in the EU yet but it's good info that a lot of people forget ). But since she's not chipped there's no way for anyone to know that it's your pet sadly. My cat (deseased a few years ago) was gone for a few days and it took 5 days for him to come back... turns out one of our neighbours accidently locked him up in his garage when they went away on vacation. Wait it out a bit and if you're worried try calling nearby vets and shelters to see if they found your cat.
    Last edited by mmocf470da16f3; 2012-07-11 at 05:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so so sorry. 3 months ago, my cat was taken by the SPCA because I couldn't afford $2000 in surgery and $100/week health maintenance (he got feline urinary tract disease). Their conditions was that they would operate only if I gave him up, so I had no choice to save his life. I'm totally heartbroken

My suggestion is to contact local cat rescues, to see if she has been taken by one of them. Look for their websites as well, and see if she had been posted on there.

Search your area well. Leave food outside. Put up missing posters everywhere. It's possible that your cat has left to find a mate, especially given the time of year. It could also just be a mini-vacation, as a previous poster said. I had a cat that would disappear for 2-3 days sometimes.

You can't prove that the neighbors got rid of her, but maybe if you ask they will admit to it, and maybe give you some indication of what happened. Just explain that you are devastated, and need to know. Don't be too confrontational, and perhaps say that you are asking other people too.

Large birds, racoons, and other wild animals take cats, particularly younger/smaller ones.

At 6 months cats are not always street smart. It may be best to give supervised outings, and wait until they are older and familiar with the territory.

I hope that you find her. Good luck

I always leave food outside, and i search the area every day...but nothing...i asked to the neighbors but they act like everything is normal... I think that some cold hearted idiot has made something bad ..and ofc they will neve tell me...

i will go to a couple of vets with some photos asking if they found her

and i'm not sure that here exists some cat/dog rescue...they simply dont care about..this isn't EU

Deleted
    Cats are not loyal creatures, I have known cats to change "owners" because the other person feeds them better. There is a good chance your cat left you on her own.

i don't think because i always gave her good food and clean water...and sometimes she just wanted to lick me XD in the face or in the hands like i was a cat too...she was like a queen here..

ACT QUICKLY!!! Lost cats are often stuck in garages or sheds or if it was cold they may be hiding in the hood of a car. The cat could be hurt and stuck under a porch, behind a hedge, or anywhere. Go around and ask your neighbors to check in sheds, etc. Post some flyers in your neighborhood.

Someone might have taken your cat away. More likely the cat got hit by a car, a predator (not just dogs) got it, or it is lost/stuck somewhere. Call your local animal shelters as well.

Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    This happened very recently to my cat, she ran away at night and came back 5 days later. I'd say put up posters around your neighborhood ( if thats not illegal ) also maybe put papers of her with maybe a picture ( if you have one ) in mailboxes. Although you should only start worrying at around 1-2 weeks of time. But search around your neighborhood or outside your house as cats know where to find food, therefor they go back to their house when they get really hungry. I found mine outside in the rain yesterday because she was hungry and had lost a lot of weight because she couldn't find food.
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Cats are not loyal creatures, I have known cats to change "owners" because the other person feeds them better. There is a good chance your cat left you on her own.
    Get a new cat and make it fat so your old cat will be jelly.

Yah just get a new cat. They're a dime a dozen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post

Do you own pets? If so, I feel so sorry for them having such a callous owner.

It's more likely that she wasn't stolen but got hit by a car or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't have said it an better, "get a new one" is the worst advice ever to make someone feel better.

You do realize that things grow affection for each other and you can't instantly replace it.

As a kid, we kept pets now and then. If they died or ran away, we just got a new one. Wasnt a big deal at all to me. I generally despise cats and dogs now, and have no desire to keep pets at all.

10+ Year Old Account

Thats terrible I know if my cat ran away/was taken i'd be upset. I've had her for 4 years people get attached.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you find your kitty, i suggest you do a few things. Chip it or at least get a collar and tag and register your animal with the local municipality. Also, if i were you i would give up on the indoor/outdoor pet thing. You are only inviting pests and illness into your cats life. As for your neighbor, i would be really pissed if my neighbors cat was shitting in my garden, i have to turn soil and relocate plants seasonally and if while digging up a flower i ended up with a kitty log in my hands i wouldn't be thrilled.

10+ Year Old Account
    My sisters cat tends to go awol occasionally, can go missing for up to a week at times. Cats like to adventure and often get themselves trapped, so if you know anywhere locally where it could be trapped, I would look. All you can do is look and ask around sadly.

The dreaded question, is there a motorway near by?

To the person a few posts above, a cat is not so easily replaced.