Deleted

Gathering gold before MoP comes out - your ideas in making gold.

I would like to hear, what are your ideas/methods for making gold before incoming expansion? It seems it will be needed, because of unique black market items and new mounts like Yak which will cost quite much, as i remember about 60k.
    I think that even 300k gold wont be enough to provide everything you need. I've found my way to make gold by doing daily quests in tournament in ICC, which gives you marks to purchase pets ( They can be selled for few k gold) and gathering mats from old expansions like ores, herbs and some enchanting mats.
    So Iwould like to know if you have any better idea to make quite fast and large ammount of gold ?

Deleted
    i'dd say its server sided how much and how fast you can make gold.
    my servers pretty much dead now before mop and after D3 launch so i'm making gold from farming lether, wich is sadly the only thing
    i can make money of today. I also cap my 8 85's valor every week in order to sell thouse boots but end up
    undercutting them from 2-3k to less than 1k if i want it sold.

Yak sticker price is about 120k now BTW, which comes out to 108k with guild perk.

As for making gold, I'm just shufflin'. I still make great cash off enchanting mats (selling scrolls on my server is dodgy at best) and inferno ruby cuts. Still raking in net profits of 5k or so on bad days, Tuesdays are still the magic day when I can make 13k or more. I also sell 377 PVP pieces when I can.

I make my pre MoP gold, selling Viciuos PvP gear, cooking Fortune Cookies, buying cheap cloth for tailoring and disenchant the items and reselling random items from AH.
    Im making 2-3k daily with no efforts. Its not much, but its something.

I'm not really bothering to much, considering(yeh i know it's beta) made about 15k to 25k gold in the beta by doing dungeons, quests etc.
    selling ghost iron ore(because at the time when i did sell them it was bugged and did not make bars).
    but doing Dailys, selling VP stuff, selling pvp gear

Deleted
    Personally every expansion that has came out i have just farmed some of the older mats while everyone goes off n levels, most people need the old ores, enchanting mats, leathers, cloths for there new alt/main
    I have regularly made about 100k at the start of an expansion with this but then again thats massive amounts on both horde and alliance sides :$

i insta queue as tank and need everything for my vendor OS. 83 per run plus satchel is like 250g per run. plus i get pets in the satchel sometimes and i use the VP for boots and bracers and the JP for savage leather etc (whichever goes the highest that day)

The trick, you see, is not to make money before the expansion, but to prepare to make money as soon as the expansion launches (within the first few weeks).

The new bags will be incredibly expensive and restricted by the number of Spirits of Harmony the tailors are willing to craft. Therefore, I am currently stocking up on Embersilk Cloth to make bags, since a lot of people will be purchasing bags for leveling their mains, alts, and new monks/Pandaren.

I'm in the process of leveling Alchemy on all of my alts that have free profession slots (or duplicates of gathering professions) so that I can have multiple Transmute spec alchys available early in the expansion.

I'm also storing up low level mats, especially leather, for people leveling Pandaren and monks.

I'm still doing some selling of PvP gear and such, but I'm not too concerned with cash flow at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of you people mention making so much money...seems like it's always through enchanting. I regret not picking it up now and wonder if it will be as good in MoP. On my server, selling anything is difficult.

Elementium Shuffle

Prospect Elementium Ore

Turn green gems into green bind on equips (rings, necks, carnelian spikes [weapon]), and blue bind on equips; disenchant greens, and sell blues 100g or whatever on the AH.
    Sell hypnotic dust for whatever your server price is, same with greater celestial essence. You won't get heavenly shards.
    Sell or cut the blue gems you get , depends which way yields you more profit, especially inferno rubies, and ember topaz.

You can also farm embersilk cloth

Get on a max tailor that's a class with little downtime AoE (warlock, priest, mage, etc..)
    Drink a treasure finding potion, and go to the place where the dwarves (friendly) are fighting the troggs, and AoE the troggs down (6+ a group)
    Bolts of embersilk are usually around 500-600g a stack of 20, and you can farm quite a bit in an hour. I still think the elementium shuffle is better, but it's better then some other methods.
    Last edited by muto; 2012-07-12 at 05:27 AM.

While it isnt the best way to make cash, running old raids can make you quite a bit of gold, especially if you get lucky with green drops. I run naxx on my dk and come out with a few thousand gold in enchanting mats plus the gold from bosses. Tk is another good one 800g+ for the first 3 bosses and another 300 for kael