Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

How much gold is an "average" amount of gold?

I see some people talking about how they have massive amounts of gold, up to the millions. This blows my mind, as I only have around 35k gold. I don't play the AH and really only do dailies once and a while. How much would the average player (who has an 85) have in terms of gold? Of course we can't say for certain, but I'm looking for an estimate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think 30k is average if you don't play AH and just get gold from quest/dungeons/raids.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only have 18k on my whole account.

My mind also boggles when people talk about having hundreds of thousands of gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sitting at about 55k atm. But that's only because I have recently started playing the AH to help build my bank for buy the grand expediton yak come mists.

Before I started I was 25-30k. So I'd say that is your average.

Deleted
    Very hard to guess. Are we talking arithmetic middle or median? I guess (and it's just a guess) that many people have very little gold, but a) there *is* tons of gold out there in reasonably few hands and b) the perception gets distorted as you may have to compete with the big guns if you are after something special on AH.

id guess between 15-30k

Deleted
    100k if u ask me

Deleted
    How the hell do you get that kind of money?
    I just don't understand, I farm herbs on my druid almost daily and still sitting at 7k

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hir0shima View Post
    100k if u ask me
    Sorry extremely wealthy person.

I usually rotate between 10-20k, just from raiding/sometimes dailies
    don't use AH

im normally floating around 15-20k, i sold a haunted memento for 11k and felt the need to get a mechano hog so like at 13k now but its a BA bike if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Meerkat View Post
    How the hell do you get that kind of money?
    I just don't understand, I farm herbs on my druid almost daily and still sitting at 7k
    Same here basicly

Deleted
    half a mill

I think the 30k predictions are right on the mark. Maybe a little higher. I personally am at the early 40k mark, I do not participate at all in the AH outside of purchasing stuff for my character.

100k if u ask me
    If we're talking an average including the extremes, then it is likely higher than 100k. If you exclude the extreme highs, I would guess closer to 30-40k.

Myself, I'm sitting at 130k on my account, sadly spread across three servers.

It's most likely around 20k I'd say. Most of my friends don't have more than 10k, except for a few that gets it all from botting. I wouldn't be at a much higher amount than that if it wasn't for boosting. I currently have 800k and I haven't really played since mid-april(raided/boosted that is).
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hurstor/simple
    Tier 11 - 25man -13/13hc (world 220)
    Tier 12 - 10/25man - 7/7hc (world 144)
    Tier 13 - 10/25man - 8/8hc (world 91)
    Tier 14 - 10man - 6/6hc - 4/6 hc - Quit raiding

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I believe avg is around 30-40k I guess.

Having access to 4 or 5 main professions (JC/Ench/Alch) on max level helps a lot. So you can shuffle ore, make glyphs, sell enchants. Youtube or twitch.tv can be your friend in finding a few starting points. Sitting at 160k atm with spending 15-30 mins a day.

I think the average is about 25k Gold.

Curruntly iam down to 205k...

10+ Year Old Account
    100k if u ask me
    cant belive people are under 100k tbh, i find it very easy to get gold and all i do is dailies =O
    basicly do dailes on all 8 85's (since the priest and warlock is on other servers so it is only 8) and sell all the cloth, ore, herb, skinn u find everyday

I never have more than 15k
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.