Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by allydom View Post
    I usually do 2-3 Pug grps a week anything from 3-6 HC, ive found the best tool I have to determine if someone is good or not is Epeen Bot, if you havent heard of it yet check it out here: raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/silvermoon/frósticle/, it runs off of world of logs so if the person doesnt have logs its not any use but if they do you can tell if they are any good compared to the rest of there specific spec. Ive had some people /w me with 8/8 hc on main but there logs on the 400+ ilvl alt are in the bottom 10% for their class and this is a great tool to find out players like that.

Also conversely for those people trying to get into groups that know they are good players, make sure u get a log or 2 then you can link the raid leader this site and they will know you can play your class.

Thought i'd share since no mention of this site yet.
    Why does it say that my median percentile for Zon'ozz is "NaN" and average is 63, when I'm ranked 4th in the world <.<

Joining my pugs is like applying for a job indeed. I do not know you, I do not know if you are good, I do not know if you have done it on a different character, I do not know if you know the strategies, I do not know if your connection is reliable. Linking me that achievement and showing a somewhat decent ilvl (you don't need 400+ for normal DS) with proper enchanted and gemmed gear and a spec that doesn't scream "DON'T TAKE ME I AM BAD" makes you stand out from the crowd and more likely to be picked over that other 5 DPS asking for a spot. You don't have the achievement? No problem, show me something else that makes me believe you are competent, tell me some of the strategies, link me a good achievement from for example, Firelands.

I personally never have any troubles getting into a group without achievement, sure I occasionally come across the hard ass that demands 400+ ilvl and Savior of Azeroth for a normal clear, those are the kind of groups you want to avoid anyways, because they either fail hard or they are not fun to play in.

Also, speaking proper English and coming over as a civilized person also ups your chances to get into a pug. Most RLs tend to avoid the HURR DURR, HERP DERP I R DPS kind of guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellesarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton
    I don't think you just logged in and earned your Savior of Azeroth".

Please stop that.
    You would be surprised
    LOL yea my heroic 8/8 is still farming the mount and frequently down one man. We can nine man but will have a random friend log in and just carry them through.

Some of them are iffy to bring on normal and it is funny to see them spamming for DS the next week while linking their heroic achievement.

Achievements and ilvl don't mean much cause of that... I find asking questions about the raid gives me better results.
    Like "What is the name of the debuff on the warlord zon'ozz and how do you handle it?"
    "What trinket do you use to pop the tendon?"

I would bring someone who can answer questions about the encounter over ilvl or achievements any day... you get a much smoother run. Plus I don't mind being fair to the players who actually researched/watch the fights. Those players perform a lot better than carried ones.
    Last edited by Royalite; 2012-07-10 at 03:26 PM.

I've pugged a lot of stuff, and generally I've found that people who don't have the achievement for content that is over a year old is a pretty terrible player. Of course there are exceptions, but why take the risk? It's hard enough to get a successful pug together sometimes.

ps. people who complain about reasonable requirements tend to be bad as well, even if they do have them.

Deleted
    Level 70 rogue in my realm beats all this hand down. "LFM BT transmog run.must be level 85 ilvl 390+ link achiv. glaives reserved." When someone said to him in trade "So, you wanted carried to your glaives?" he replied "But, I'm a twink." But yeah, some of these fights still require a basic understanding of mechanics so maybe an achievement link isn't too unreasonable, and who doesn't like to have a bunch of overgeared people around to make runs smoother? If it's that much of an issue for you nothing stops you from starting up your own pug. My issue is with people like the aforementioned rogue who set the entry requirements way above what they themselves are bringing to the group, basically expecting a bunch of random strangers to carry them to what they want from the raid.

Deleted
    Asking for the Destroyer's End achievement is pointless, as it says nothing about the first 7 bosses. There are no achievements at all for normal mode, so armory is the only way to check them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Why does it say that my median percentile for Zon'ozz is "NaN" and average is 63, when I'm ranked 4th in the world <.<
    Most likely to do with being beast mastery and there not being enough people logging in that spec to get proper results.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Asking for the Destroyer's End achievement is pointless, as it says nothing about the first 7 bosses. There are no achievements at all for normal mode, so armory is the only way to check them.
    game set and match here this is absoilutly correct i had a guy wisper me for a inv to my pug he linked me de but his i lvl as about 380 so i armoried him and all he has was madness down

acheivements like that is useless