10+ Year Old Account

What if contemplation was castable while feared?

The thing is ret as a melee spec without any instant gap closer or fear breaker suffers the most from being feared. Not only we are CCed we also run like 50 yards away from our target.

The idea is to root ourselves while feared. And i think id be cool if contemplation was the skill to that. What do you guys think?

The only thing that comes to mind is someone running around with a look of sheer terror on their face, screaming their head off, and then stopping suddenly, lost deep in thought.

Deleted
    It's a cool idea (wont happen though). We're not the only class without an instant gap closer, and the snares/cc are a lot better for us in Mists. I do like it though, it'd be unique to us in that we can avoid fear but not take action for the duration and still take damage/healing.

They could just change the name to fit the idea of focusing on not being afraid. I kinda like the idea of a Paladin meditating to block out the "visions" the Warlock has cursed him with.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, you are more than fine against fear, it's the only way to get ride of you :P
    When i'm disc all I can do is a fear every 30 seconds, which means only 1 every minute will work, and it's going to break because someone will hit you.

I'm sure you have no problem with my fear, but if someting helps you with a warlock my only able to work fear every minute will be like nothing.

Just wait for Mists.

Deleted
    The point isn't that it "breaks" fear, it's that we could activate it to lock ourselves in place instead of running around. It doesn't stop you running away from us since we're not moving.

It honestly sounds more like a bug that will make it to live and everyone will complain how you can't CC Ret.