Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    What were your findings on the Battle Healer Glyph? It seemed extremely underwhelming when I tested it a couple weeks ago, but that was far from 'extensive' testing.
    it's kind of a mixed basket:

the healing portion of it is virtually neglible for Holy, it's not really a dps strategy, but it is a great excuse to be in melee to get mana back from Seal of Insight which you may already be doing, and it jives well with Ascetic crusader to the same purpose (summary : Mana tool). it would be a different story if it transferred something like 100% of the damage from melee and CS and Judgement for Holy paladins.

Ret gets the most healing done out of it but it will be hard to convince rets to forgo dps of their seals of truth and righteousness to use seal of insight.

For Prots it works pretty well, since some Prots run Seal of Insight for the mana and self healing when threat is not an issue, (and it almost never is an issue for them), this just adds a little bonus to the group, and it's a smart heal so it quite efficient.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-07-11 at 08:35 PM.

I like the added haste, 2.4 sec casts are sooooo slow, but I think holy pallies will be gemming full spirit instead of maybe int/haste or spirit/haste, or w/e kind of gems we'll be getting in MoP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    I like the added haste, 2.4 sec casts are sooooo slow, but I think holy pallies will be gemming full spirit instead of maybe int/haste or spirit/haste, or w/e kind of gems we'll be getting in MoP
    This might actually be something that separates hpallys, going mana gems and reforges with throughput talents or the other way around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    What were your findings on the Battle Healer Glyph? It seemed extremely underwhelming when I tested it a couple weeks ago, but that was far from 'extensive' testing.
    I found that the glyph isn't very strong for healing, but it works well in unison with the whole CS/Judgement strat we've been discussing. During periods of low damage it just allows you to do a small amount of healing without actually having to cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    This might actually be something that separates hpallys, going mana gems and reforges with throughput talents or the other way around.
    I also think this is going to be huge for pallies, especially early on. There will likely be a big divide between players who think talents (or gear) are the best place to go for regen and then use the other for throughput. I personally think Ill be going with Spirit gemming and then changing talents around as needed for fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of hope this passive is keyed to a Holy spec ability, rather than in the baseline Seal. I'd rather not see Ret paladins rolling around with Insight because they read somewhere that haste is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    I really wish they would just have a Pve and PVP ability change on some stuff, so they can do the best for both things. ( yea shift what skills do when you are flagged, yea ,yea, yea! )
    While I agree with you to an extent, it'd be difficult on new players, especially if they're on a PvP realm. It'd be best to trigger the change much like the PvP power stat, where the 'PvP' form of the ability is active in only arenas and BGs.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

All the ways they have reduced instant casts so far:

Infusion of Light no longer grants instant Flash of Light

Daybreak no longer grants a free Holy Shock.

Fewer Flash of Lights for Beacon and fewer Holy Shocks means less Holy Power generation.

Glyph of Blessed Life returns 1 Holy Power every 20 seconds (%50 chance on hit or cc) vs every 8 seconds (%100 chance on hit or cc fully specced).

Eternal Glory is gone (30% chance not to consume Holy Power) in place of Divine Purpose (15% chance not to consume Holy Power but its more powerful)

They removed a bunch of instant cast generation but boosted the output when you DO have them. From a perspective of Holy PVP....weren't we locked down easily enough already?

Quote Originally Posted by swineflu View Post
    All the ways they have reduced instant casts so far:
    Surely there are some some additional instants they have added though, right? Not much of a PvP'er but I would think Selfless healer, the lvl 90 talents, the 5 holy power threshold, and maybe some other changes would start to make up a little bit of that ground lost (though I'm tempted to believe it's probably not enough).