Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    So this is what causes the zombie apocalypse.

At least we'll have nice teeth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh please implement this. I hate going to dentists.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    So this is what causes the zombie apocalypse.

At least we'll have nice teeth.
    Zombies will now bath all bodies in this chemical before eating them. Making zombies have better teeth.. Oh zombie apocalypse just got worse!!
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

Strep mutans is far from the only relevant oral pathogen inhibited by brushing. Take Porphyromonas gingivalis for another example. Also, I like removing at least a bit of the shit that's left on my teeth from my consumption of coffee.

That aside, my graduate adviser did his initial research with Strep mutans and discovered a key antigen in defense against it something around 40 years ago. Cool! I'll have to get in touch about this.

Just as long as it doesn't end up seeping into my brain...

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Does it get rid of everything else you need to brush for, such as plaque? If not then it will just be another product out of many you will need.
    Yea, I was wondering this too. Though, plaque is essentially what causes cavities, so.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry about it, they will soon find "reasons" for this molecule to be "deadly" and will never be released to general public.

Too much money coming from dental care IMO.

Not so fast! I have 33 teeth!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowiesh View Post
    Zombies will now bath all bodies in this chemical before eating them. Making zombies have better teeth.. Oh zombie apocalypse just got worse!!
    Don`t forget Zombie DRAGONS !

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    I think it would hurt them quite significantly due to less much business. Why do you go back every 6 months and pay a stupid amount of money? To get a check up for cavities and your teeth cleaned. The only reason you'd ever have to go with something like this chemical now is if you had structure problems. Like having to get a tooth pulled so there's room for others. That happens like once in somone's life if that. So you will have tons of people who go from seeing their dentist twice a year to like never.
    People could already avoid the dentist now if they brushed and flossed 2-3 times a day. As you can see, just because there is a product out there doesn't mean people are going to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    Don't worry about it, they will soon find "reasons" for this molecule to be "deadly" and will never be released to general public.

Too much money coming from dental care IMO.
    I wonder what it's like to go through life believing there's a conspiracy behind everything, despite not really knowing much of anything about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    People could already avoid the dentist now if they brushed and flossed 2-3 times a day. As you can see, just because there is a product out there doesn't mean people are going to use it.
    Even if you do that, you should still go to the dentist regularly to make sure there is no problems. Or so they claim.

Or you could just be lucky like me, I can't remember the last time I brushed, and i have never had a cavity.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Or you could just be lucky like me, I can't remember the last time I brushed, and i have never had a cavity.
    Less a matter of luck and more a matter of diet.

On topic. This would be pretty useless unless it also removes plaque.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like we'll have to do 60 seconds of mouthwashing a few times a day. Still, I greatly prefer that to brushing.

I think that dentists will still have jobs. Brushing isn't that hard or time consuming and yet there are still people, like me, who simply don't do it as often as they should. The same thing is going to happen with this Keep 32 stuff. Even mouthwashing for 60 seconds a few times a day is going to be too much for some folks and they'll still get cavities. There will be less cavities for sure, but they'll still be out there.

Oh, and I doubt they'll add it to food. That's just ludicrous to expect that literally everything you eat *in the future* is going to be loaded with Keep 32.

Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    Would be about time. Dentists here are retarded and expensive as hell... i once had a broken tooth and one gavity and ended up with a 900 euro bill, ole!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_tourism
    Check out pricing table. Says it all.

15+ Year Old Account
    i'm not sure if its the same thing but i read a report that they'd found that a chemical in seaweed has the same effect and they were hoping to put that into dental products ^_^

Even if you do that, you should still go to the dentist regularly to make sure there is no problems. Or so they claim.
    The dentist doesn't do anything you can't do yourself at home, when it comes to a regular checkup/cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    That's gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    That's gross.
    Yeah kinda
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.