Cons Aura + aura mastery macro

i use

/cast cons aura
    /cast aura mastery

well guess what it just doesnt seem to work good because the way auras work. sometimes if u already have that aura on or something it will turn if off and weird stuff its just annoying. and even if u dont use cons aura when pressing it, aura mastery wont activate. honestly its just retarded

what do u use for this macro? and i use no other macros so share some if u think could improve my arena game
    Last edited by Tauren; 2012-07-10 at 05:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you make the first line deactivate any currently active aura so no matter what when you /cast cons aura you will always be turning it on?

From what you're saying it's doing, you probably need a /cancelaura in there, like so:

/cancelaura Concentration Aura
    /cast Concentration Aura
    /cast Aura Mastery

As you have it currently, it will change your active aura to Conc Aura, then activate Aura Mastery; if Conc Aura is already up, it will turn it off and AM won't activate without an aura, I assume. The /cancelaura will turn off Conc Aura if it's up, reactivate it, then AM, and simply change to Conc then AM if in something other than Conc - at least, it should.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Deleted
    Well we are on the topic of macro's I tried to macro sacred shield into inquisition but dosent work. does any know if it can be done ?
    I'm a newb and 1 less key seems mighty inviting

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Generally with abilities you toggle on/off if you use ! in front of the ability name it will not deactivate it if it has a cooldown, or cancel it and then cast it again if it does not have a cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by dannypoos View Post
    Well we are on the topic of macro's I tried to macro sacred shield into inquisition but dosent work. does any know if it can be done ?
    I'm a newb and 1 less key seems mighty inviting
    Both of those are on the gcd so they cannot be cast at the same time. You can make a castsequence macro or use a modifier to pick which to cast, but they cannot be done simultaneously.
    Last edited by Chimaera; 2012-07-10 at 08:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
    Generally with abilities you toggle on/off if you use ! in front of the ability name it will not deactivate it if it has a cooldown, or cancel it and then cast it again if it does not have a cooldown.
    This is indeed correct. So you'll want to do something like this:

Code:
    #showtooltip Aura Mastery
    /cast !Concentration Aura
    /cast Aura Mastery

With this, it'll show the icon and tooltip of Aura Mastery, but hitting it will put Concentration Aura on (and will leave it on if it's already up), and then cast Aura Mastery.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!