Poll: Would you prefer different release date?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Do you think AN failed with release date?

Half of my guild say that they won't play on release for different reasons (money / time / whatever) and will join us few weeks to 2 months after release. I'm not sure if I will play gw2 on release too even if I've been waiting for it for so long. Do you think that ArenaNet failed with 28th August?

Do I personally think that they've failed with this release date? Nope, in fact, even though it's like mid-term for me, I'm sure as hell gonna play it a fair amount on the headstart date of the 25th!

Yes I know, "release it when it's ready". The sooner the better, atleast for me.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Half of my guild say that they won't play on release for different reasons (money / time / whatever) and will join us few weeks to 2 months after release. I'm not sure if I will play gw2 on release too even if I've been waiting for it for so long. Do you think that ArenaNet failed with 28th August?
    I... don't really see how "money / time / whatever" has anything to do with the specific date Arenanet chose. Could you clarify that?

I think many want to wait to see if the perceived hype is justified.........whatever that can mean or signify.
    That's the general view I've been able to gather anyway.

Considering they've had a large number of pre-purchases I don't see how they can fail by the release date.........but I'm curious why you think it may have done personally.
    What makes it a bad time?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't quite understand the question really. How did they "fail" with the GW2 release date exactly?

And for the love of god please don't say because most people are back to school in September...

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    I... don't really see how "money / time / whatever" has anything to do with the specific date Arenanet chose. Could you clarify that?
    Maybe every single one of his friends is a teacher. =P
    Seriously though, this is.. vague, and you've given 0 explanation as to why it is a bad date.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's as good a date as any other IMO, too bad it isn't next week when I took the week off, though

I do not think they failed at all, a lot of people will be playing it. I for one have work, a soon to be wife and starting school back up....I will find time to play damn it! To point out tho, they know what they are doing and the US is the smaller of it's player population in game. A lot of people in Germany I know and threw out the UK will be playing on the release date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Arena net Fail? what is this i don't even?

The game should come out when its ready not when you feel like playing it.

Sucks for your guild. L2timemanagement, I guess? No fail at all here on Anet's part.

So the release date failed because of what a handful of your guildies said? what a stupid thread and should be locked unless the OP has an explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post

And for the love of god please don't say because most people are back to school in September...
    Yeah, I think that's were OP was going with this. He thinks were all twelve.

I was hoping for a later release to give them more time to polish it.

There are still several mechanics that I feel need to be adjusted. Camera movement and modified keybindings still aren't working as they should.

As excited I am for the game, I feel like I could totally wait some more months to have it fixed.

But did they 'fail'? No. Even the game in its current state is fairly playable.

I have long ago learned that playing a new MMO on day 1 is a bad idea. You are bound to be disappointed, which will taint your perception of the game from that moment forward.

It's better to wait at least a couple of months before trying a new MMO. That will give the Dev team time to fix all of the launch day bugs and server crashes that plague nearly every MMO release. At that point, you will likely have a more favorable experience, and enjoy the MMO far more. Unless of course you're an achievement hound and want the "founder" titles that have plagued new MMOs for a few years now.

Then you're screwed. But not me. I can live without a title I won't even use unless I have no other title to use on a new toon. I'd rather not have to deal with 2 hour login queues, bugged beginner zones, massive nerfs to my class within a week or two, and everything else that happens with a new MMO. Then I can log in for the first time, see the game for what it really is, and appreciate everything once it has at least some polish on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukon View Post
    I have long ago learned that playing a new MMO on day 1 is a bad idea. You are bound to be disappointed, which will taint your perception of the game from that moment forward.

It's better to wait at least a couple of months before trying a new MMO. That will give the Dev team time to fix all of the launch day bugs and server crashes that plague nearly every MMO release. At that point, you will likely have a more favorable experience, and enjoy the MMO far more. Unless of course you're an achievement hound and want the "founder" titles that have plagued new MMOs for a few years now.

Then you're screwed. But not me. I can live without a title I won't even use unless I have no other title to use on a new toon. I'd rather not have to deal with 2 hour login queues, bugged beginner zones, massive nerfs to my class within a week or two, and everything else that happens with a new MMO. Then I can log in for the first time, see the game for what it really is, and appreciate everything once it has at least some polish on it.
    The only major release that I remember ever regretting playing at release was Anarchy Online. I've enjoyed every other MMO I've played on launch day... and I've played most of them. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by neuk View Post
    Yeah, I think that's were OP was going with this. He thinks were all twelve.
    ^ its this, in a previous thread he mentioned playing games is frowned upon at his school.

"The game is being released at a time that is inconvenient for me. Arenanet has failed with their releasedate. Discuss."

Thought i'd sum it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    I was hoping for a later release to give them more time to polish it.

There are still several mechanics that I feel need to be adjusted. Camera movement and modified keybindings still aren't working as they should.

As excited I am for the game, I feel like I could totally wait some more months to have it fixed.

But did they 'fail'? No. Even the game in its current state is fairly playable.
    BWE2 was not the latest internal build so hopefully it's better come BWE3 and release. We've also just seen some changes to the camera in a recent asura vid too which is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    BWE2 was not the latest internal build so hopefully it's better come BWE3 and release. We've also just seen some changes to the camera in a recent asura vid too which is great.
    Can you link me this vid in pm? or on this thread?