Poll: Would you prefer different release date?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not all of us are children / students who have to worry about school terms.
    Most of my guild are over 30 years old, so we don't really care when the date is!

work...work....
    Gorbag - Elemental Shaman since Nov 2004
    Raider of Logic Tarren Mill EU

Did you know that there are more adults in this world than children? No, really. A child or teenager might think/feel that 90% of the world is made up of people < 19 years old... but here's a fun fact: The average age out there isn't 16, it's probably more like 35.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I think many want to wait to see if the perceived hype is justified.........whatever that can mean or signify.
    That's the general view I've been able to gather anyway.
    I'm in this particular group. I don't care to buy the game in order to see if I like it, so I'll wait for the reviews, the impact on the MMO community and probably the state of the game 1-2 months after release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes ... im comming back on august 31 from my holyday ... DAMN YOU ANET WHY YOU NOT WAIT FOR ME !
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    The release date is well-timed. People who will have been on holiday for the summer will be coming back, and as the weather gets worse, people will spend more time indoors.

Taking WoW as an example, the highest number of guilds disbanding happens over summer. people have other commitments, so they don't log on. By timing it as they have, they'll catch a lot of people returning.

10+ Year Old Account
    It personally effects me so the release date is a massive fail
    Im broke but I brought the game months ago
    purple monkey dishwasher lock this thread already please
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

10+ Year Old Account
    No Arena Net did not fail with the August 28th date, I think August 28th is a good day for them to release the game.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'de like to think some people are just well "scared" of "Le-hype" and what not because D3 had a stupid amount of hype making it seem better then what it actually was.. and well i think we all know where that ended up.

I will be playing on the 25th and i will be staying up all night and day the 24th. I loved Gw1 was my first real MMO tons of good times. Granted i left for WoW because of : more Races, Solo-play, and well JUMPING.. Now tho.. Gw2 has all that i wanted ...let the good times roll

Not to mention the beta alone (imo) has been stupid fun

10+ Year Old Account
    What would of been a good date for the OP?

10+ Year Old Account
    The only bad reason i see with that date is most colleges in the US start around that time (I know August 28th is my first day of classes). So i will be playing that headstart like crazy.

No matter what the release date is, it's going to be a bad time for at least a small amount of people. It's not ArenaNet's fault that your guild happens to be some of those people. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's the day after my birthday.

I bought the game in April so the sooner the better. And anyone who needs to wait for their mom's to buy this for them for Christmas still can in a couple months after the release. There isn't much of a business decision behind withholding release any longer -- unless your business doesn't like all the moneys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    It personally effects me so the release date is a massive fail
    Im broke but I brought the game months ago
    purple monkey dishwasher lock this thread already please
    Nice Simpsons reference.

On topic. I can't think of a reason why this is bad. If any game has ever came out at a date that is less than convenient for me I just say "Oh well" and go on about my business. What gives you the right OP to say a company failed simply because your buddies cant play on day 1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

What a weird thread.

It's as good time as any I suppose.

Deleted
    Well , theres always a chance , that some critical error will occur and postone the date

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plzbegentle View Post
    Well, theres always a chance that some critical error will occur and postpone the date
    Unlikely. They had to have been extremely sure of the date before announcing it. It was announced the day after a stress test which indicates that they were ready to announce as long as the stress test went well.

It is a bad date for me due to a planned holiday but that's my fault not theirs. 28th is a good date for most people so no they didn't fail.

Deleted
    Ur so mean crushing my dreams
    I wanted , something more with Conspiracy theories , like by showing the released date , u are forcing the oponent company to do the same thing after few days .
    While GW2 could w8 for a bit more , the other company wouldnt do previous mistakes and postpone their release date even more

/cry

Quote Originally Posted by neuk View Post
    Yeah, I think that's were OP was going with this. He thinks were all twelve.
    Or they could be teachers (or work for the school system since a lot of jobs are at schools/during a school year). They also could be in college which starts in August for most people. Don't need to be a 12 year old for it to be a bad time.

I do agree with the others, what makes it such a fail with their date? Wouldn't you rather them release it when it's ready as opposed to being massively buggy or they can't handle the server load (or whatever reason)? People might be waiting because they want to see how well the game is perceived before dropping a bunch of money on a game they most likely won't like.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid