Poll: Would you prefer different release date?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Nah its fine ;-)

Deleted
    "Half of my guild" is a most solid demographic and "money / time / whatever" are obviously on an five-year low on August 28th.

How could the amateurs at AN miss that? Unfriggingbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukon View Post
    I have long ago learned that playing a new MMO on day 1 is a bad idea. You are bound to be disappointed, which will taint your perception of the game from that moment forward.

It's better to wait at least a couple of months before trying a new MMO. That will give the Dev team time to fix all of the launch day bugs and server crashes that plague nearly every MMO release. At that point, you will likely have a more favorable experience, and enjoy the MMO far more. Unless of course you're an achievement hound and want the "founder" titles that have plagued new MMOs for a few years now.

Then you're screwed. But not me. I can live without a title I won't even use unless I have no other title to use on a new toon. I'd rather not have to deal with 2 hour login queues, bugged beginner zones, massive nerfs to my class within a week or two, and everything else that happens with a new MMO. Then I can log in for the first time, see the game for what it really is, and appreciate everything once it has at least some polish on it.
    Most of your concerns have already occured and were fixed because of the beta weekends.

#1 There were server issues the first beta weekend but quickly corrected, so that issue shouldnt really pop up launch.

#2 They have overflow servers that you and your party can all load into so. so your never stuck at the loading screen for 2 hours. Basically what they do is if an area "server" is heavly populated they create a new duplicate area that begins filling with the overflow players. This way you can play without really noticing your in this que system its friggin fantastic.

#3 The game has already been heavly balanced again because of the beta weekends. I found PvP and PvE gameplay too be very balanced across all classes. Only alittle fine tuning needs to be done here and there nothing class breaking.

#4 The Starter Zones are almost bug free, from 1-35 the game has already been heavly played and many bugs reported and fixed by BWE2.

Dont worry my friend I was also one of those poor buggers who bought age of conan, champions online, and SWTOR at launch and felt all those issue you meantioned.

ANET is a diffrent breed of MMO company, I think waiting a few days at most should be your goal when purchising GW2. But thats just my opinion and bare inmind Ive played all the beta weekends and stress tests and one thing I have said repeatadly. Ive played WoW for 7 years I loved the game but Guildwars 2 in Beta feels more polished then even WoW after 7 years of development,

That is truly how I feel im not a fanboy and I was honestly very cautious about buying Guildwars 2 but something told me this game was going to be diffrent and it was My one and only regret is that I cheaped out and bought the standart version becaue I would have loved too support ANET more then I have already.

Well i dont know about balance. They're working on that now and we should see some of it in BWE3. But some wasnt all that balanced at all, like the downed state-system. Its neat and all, but in sPvP, horribly unbalanced. Some professions have terribad downed abilities, and others have just flat out overpowered abilities.
    And they already came out and said there were quite some monster-builds they uncovered in internal testing that were just... off the charts, and they will be fixed.

It is one of the last things to do, so hopefully we'll see a big leap forward in BWE3 and more finetuning for release.

Deleted
    This say's enough : Its a B2P game ...

Quote Originally Posted by neuk View Post
    Yeah, I think that's were OP was going with this. He thinks were all twelve.
    I hope you do realize a majority of people are moving into college at the end of august and going back to school IE college in September. So do not make such ass like assumptions that just in turn will lead to belittlement of you.

Deleted
    Why would they have failed? So you won't play from start, from what you say, you still will, so why does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    This say's enough : Its a B2P game ...
    You mean the...........im sorry I don't normally stoop so low..................grammatical inaccuracy signifying the inaccuracy of ur statement? Yes. Yes, it does.

Elaborate......please

10+ Year Old Account
    28th of August is a pretty good release date in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    What an amazing BD present
    One of the best!!!

Quote Originally Posted by walu View Post
    I hope you do realize a majority of people are moving into college at the end of august and going back to school IE college in September. So do not make such ass like assumptions that just in turn will lead to belittlement of you.
    No, the majority of PEOPLE are not going back to college in August. The majority of PEOPLE have already been through college or are past college age. I know in the halls of academe they try to make you each think you're a special snowflake but the world does not revolve around you or your college start date.

First of all, lol @ the strong reactions.

Secondly...no, they did not "fail" with the release date in my opinion. I'll play this game when I have time to do so, whenever that might be. I do however feel that I might not get as much time in it as I'd like if MoP releases the week after or so, but that's on my end and my priorities, not on Anet's end. I've already paid for GW2 anyways so they have my money. On the other hand, If I haven't obtained my Time-Lost Proto drake by 28th of August (been camping 5 days now), I'll keep camping it and GW2 will have to wait. I can run 3 WoW windows at a time (have 2, getting a 3rd when the new RAF comes out) but I doubt I'd be able to run 2 WoW windows and GW2...unless they've REALLY optimized it

---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 12:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey39 View Post
    No, the majority of PEOPLE are not going back to college in August. The majority of PEOPLE have already been through college or are past college age. I know in the halls of academe they try to make you each think you're a special snowflake but the world does not revolve around you or your college start date.
    Uh...what? You do know that with each year, there's a new generation starting up, right? Or did an entire litter decide to skip College this autumn and I didn't get the memo? Or do you think that everyone playing GW2/planning to play it is above the College age? I'm fairly sure that "majority" does not fit in this unless it's to say that "A majority of the worlds population never goes to College"...but then there's work and other real-life musts instead.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2012-07-11 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnxxx View Post
    #4 The Starter Zones are almost bug free, from 1-35 the game has already been heavly played and many bugs reported and fixed by BWE2.
    I was very impressed by the lack of bugs in the game. I've played beta's before and they are normally full of bugs but I could only find one which was gone when I did the stress test. In fact I think it was my friends video card that caused the issue not GW2 because that's where I saw it.

So yeah, I think they have created a well put together game. Of course it could all turn bad in the higher levels. But I can live with that since I know Anet will jump on it immediately.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are releasing it right before a holiday weekend in the United States so, no, it is not a failure for the release date.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    I was very impressed by the lack of bugs in the game. I've played beta's before and they are normally full of bugs but I could only find one which was gone when I did the stress test. In fact I think it was my friends video card that caused the issue not GW2 because that's where I saw it.

So yeah, I think they have created a well put together game. Of course it could all turn bad in the higher levels. But I can live with that since I know Anet will jump on it immediately.
    Heh, the ONLY issue I came across (except for the obvious lack of optimization with it being beta and all) was that I couldn't tame a griffon...>. I find more issues than that in games that have been around for years usually.

Sure that might be covering up, but despite small flaws such as pet movement and utility/name bug, there was really NOTHING gamebreaking to be found. At all. This was in the first BWE at that.

Deleted
    why the hell would money be an issue? 90% have already pre purchased it months ago and you can start playing 25th, which is a saturday...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    It's as good a date as any other IMO, too bad it isn't next week when I took the week off, though
    Nope, any other day in Spring, Autumn or Winter would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Uh...what? You do know that with each year, there's a new generation starting up, right? Or did an entire litter decide to skip College this autumn and I didn't get the memo? Or do you think that everyone playing GW2/planning to play it is above the College age? I'm fairly sure that "majority" does not fit in this unless it's to say that "A majority of the worlds population never goes to College"...but then there's work and other real-life musts instead.
    I certainly think that a majority of the population is above college age which is what the person I replied to was talking about. Maybe they meant the majority of people that are going to play GW2 but that's not how they worded it. I'm not a mind reader.

I don't think everyone planning to play GW2 is above college age but I do think that the majority planning to play are. Why do I think that?

http://blogs.parc.com/playon/2012/02...pant-overview/

See where the peak of the curve is for US WoW players? I would think that GW2 having being a similar game type from a similar genre would have a similar age distribution. Maybe not but there is at least some logical reason to think it would.

As far as "work and other real-life musts" go, I can state pretty assuredly that for most working age folks I know (like me) that those are not effected by the date on the calendar with the exception of the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays when a large amount of people travel to see family. The rest of the time, the beat goes on so to speak.

Deleted
    It's fine for me, I can choose my weeks off myself anyway

I think it's a good thing anyway, all the kiddies will be at school again, so the servers won't be flooded all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Game releases in the summer - "What a fail release date, everyone's busy during the summer. Games don't release in the summer."
    Game releases right after the summer - "What a fail release date, all the kids are going back to school so they can't play."
    Game releases in the winter rush - "What a fail release date, now it has loads of games to compete with."
    Game releases after the winter rush - "What a fail release date, everyone is busy playing the games from the winter rush."
    LOL This^ Some people like to whine and moan about everything and anything.

The release date is fine, I wish it was earlier but for now it's perfect. I'm happy and ready to play. Finally my Charr Warrior will be here to stay once created on live servers.