Disc - Veiled Shadows useless?

I'm starting to wonder if Veiled Shadows is becoming a useless talent and if it would be worth swapping it out for something else. With the nerf increasing and people overgearing content more and more it seems that fights are rarely long enough to use a 2nd shadowfiend, with the exception of Spine + Madness.

I am thinking that getting Surge of Light would be a better option, however since my most used abilities are Penance and Prayer of Healing that I wouldn't see more than a few procs each fight. Another possible option could be Darkness for 2% Haste, but I am not sure if that would even be noticable.

Has anyone swapped out Veiled Shadows for something else? What did you find was the best option?

The Disc Priest in my 8/8H 10 man uses Darkness and has been since we were 4/8 or so.

Never ever even considered Veiled Shadows. I would take Darkness if I had points to spent (I have Atonement and SoS, because I'm mostly Shadow and just do whatever is needed when we don't have enough healers, but don't want to respec each time).

10+ Year Old Account
    I only used Veiled Shadows at lower gear levels when mana return was pretty shit. I used Darkness when leveling and then went back after getting moderately geared.

I agree with everyone else, go with darkness. Veiled Shadows is really only good when you are under geared and having mana issues.

I actually specced out of Darkness and into Veil for H Madness. I liked the idea of 4 shadow fiends, and I don't really need the haste at my gear level considering most of my healing is via PW:S.

Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    I actually specced out of Darkness and into Veil for H Madness. I liked the idea of 4 shadow fiends, and I don't really need the haste at my gear level considering most of my healing is via PW:S.
    For Madness, absolutely. For anything shorter than that, Darkness is probably far better.

Deleted
    Would only take it if i feel like doing more dps as disc.
    I dont have darkness either, got more than enough haste without it.

Got SoL and SoS and using that for a long time now.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't actually ever recall taking Veiled Shadows as Disc.

My standard Disc spec:
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfhcro...uMZo:mcVdaqMz0

What others have said, Veiled Shadows is simply useless as the fights are never long enough for the extra SF except on Madness and even then, you have 6-10 minute Spine Kills and 10-12 minute Madness Kills.

More haste and throughput >. I have some decent heroes parses in nowhere near BiS gear but run a max throughput build & spec, check Kyufire @Sig