Page 1 of 3
LastLast

only 10 spells in gw2?? wth??

hey can a player only have 10 spell at a time in gw2. i went on to a tal cal and it shows 5 spells from weapons, 1 heals, 3 utility, and 1 elite. Are these the only spells we get? or do we get like base line spells. If we get baseline spells can someone tell me a example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    1-4 class skills
    5 skills based on your weapon + another 5 that can be interchanged by swapping your weapon in combat. (4 sets of 5 skills if you're an elementalist, and a maximum of 5 sets of 5 skills possible for engineers through tool kits)
    1 heal that you can choose from a pool of 3 (maybe more in the future)
    3 utilities you can choose from a pool of 15-30 or so (maybe more, maybe less, not an exact number, differs from class to class at the moment)
    1 elite skill you can choose from a pool of 3 (maybe more in the future)
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

omg! that is crap. like no joke, that is game breaking stupid. my razor naga has 12 keys. ok so you can swap weapons in cobat. good. how about these class skills what are they?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beanz View Post
    hey can a player only have 10 spell at a time in gw2. i went on to a tal cal and it shows 5 spells from weapons, 1 heals, 3 utility, and 1 elite. Are these the only spells we get? or do we get like base line spells. If we get baseline spells can someone tell me a example.
    Explain what you mean by 'baseline spell'. Do you mean passive abilities? You do get passives with the attribute system and you get more abilities with skillpoints but you can't have more than 10 abilities on your hotbar and the first 5 are dependent on your weapon (so they can't be changed).

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly trolling. Please close thread.
    Valar morghulis

Oh, he meant 10 skills total. Lol. Sorry, was hard to read.
    No, there are loads of skills per profession in the game. Only 10 go on your bar at a time.

Aaaand, seeing his latest post.. obviously trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    omg! that is crap. like no joke, that is game breaking stupid. my razor naga has 12 keys.
    I swear you're a troll then. I have a naga too, don't really care much about not being able to use those keys. Never used 9-12 anyway, too awkward to reach personally.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    omg! that is crap. like no joke, that is game breaking stupid. my razor naga has 12 keys. ok so you can swap weapons in cobat. good. how about these class skills what are they?
    So just because your choice in hardware exceeds the buttons required to use the abilities in this game, this is game breaking? What?
    1-0 <- are your main abilities
    ` <- is your weapon swapping key
    And you can keymap the dodge functions to your naga buttons.
    Plus there will be some charged abilities that require the F keys (F1-F4). 12 buttons isn't enough after all eh?

My keyboard has 117 keys - OMG all games are freakin' stupid, they don't use even half of that number!

Troll along somewhere else OP.

The quality of these threads today.

What's with the trolls, 'mon??
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not bad, I felt the same way about D3, but after spending a couple hundred hours playing it, I can firmly say its a great design decision. I have no problem with GW2 having only 10 abilities useable at one time. I think its a good idea and will add depth to class builds and variety when playing just one class.

This isn't WoW. You get 10 actions, because that's all you need. And even that's probably more than you'll use for 90% of encounters.

WoW only gives so many because they feel the need to throw more shit at you every expac. Another few buttons of seldom used junk to add to the 50 or so you already have. With a bit on simplifying, they could do the same. But just look at the outcry for something as insignificant as reducing the talent trees... :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post

They were given an inch, now they want their mile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post

The closer we get to release, the more we will see I fear. There a quite a few people that feel very threatened by this game for some reason.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Yes! there are only ten spells in the ENTIRE of GW2! Each profession was assigned one of the normal and utility ones, and were put in a last-man-standing to decide who got the heal.

...Zhaitan took the Elite.

Oh yea... You give them a finger, they'll take your whole arm..

Please mods, close this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    /sigh

I have 4 attunements on my UI that I can change on the fly which change all my spells.
    I can swap out 2 weapon sets (a staff OR a dagger and off-hand for instance) on the fly which change all my spells.
    The combinations are insanely ridiculous when you think about it.
    Valar morghulis