WoG/LoD every 18 seconds, really?

I've seen this said, a lot. Like 18 seconds is the set CD that can't be changed.

Is it horribly uncouth to toss Divine Lights on the tank with Beacon of Light for some Holy Power while Holy Shock is on CD, or am I missing something?
    Moo.

You don't cast DL on the tank to proc a HP. You cast a DL on the beacon tank because for whatever reason you needed to, the HP is just a bonus to make up for the lost beacon throughput.

In most fights, you get more healing by casting DL on someone else and letting 50% transfer over.

In DS, it's rarely been needed to often DL the beacon tank:
    perhaps Zonozz hard mode during black phase if he gets spiked too low for comfort - or near the end of phase 2 on Warmaster Blackthorn when the tank is getting hit pretty hard. Granted it happened more pre nerf than it does now.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on what you're referring to here. If you're talking about MoP, a lot of people have been saying this will be the set time because of mana costs. As far as live goes, most people have the mana pool to be able to toss DL/FoL/HR as necessary to gain HP for more LoD/WG

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think 'Uncouth' is the correct word in that sentence.

Don't forget that the lvl 75 tier all affect HP generation. Glyph of Blessed Life and Glyph of the Ascetic Crusader allow mana free HP generation.

and if you are using LoD you are also probably using Holy Radiance which grants Holy Power.

For example, You could take the Divine Purpose and Selfless Healer talents and combine them, with Glyph of the Ascetic Crusdader, which makes judge and CS free. You would generation HP twice as fast at the cost of 3 more GCDs/18 seconds (scaling with haste), get a 15% chance at a refund of HP every time you use an ability, and you would get a free Flash of Light for another 3 GCDs/18 seconds (scaling with haste). And since you would be in Melee range you would be getting Seal of Insight procs. It's rather Mana efficient, the question is how much HPS are you sacrificing to use those 6 extra GCDs on Judgement and CS?
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-07-11 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerfax View Post
    It depends on what you're referring to here. If you're talking about MoP, a lot of people have been saying this will be the set time because of mana costs. As far as live goes, most people have the mana pool to be able to toss DL/FoL/HR as necessary to gain HP for more LoD/WG
    When I've seen it, nobody made a distinction, but it's mostly in MoP related topics I suppose... I haven't raided on MoP Beta, so this is probably what people are referencing. I would assume the mastery bubble would help offset some mana costs, but again, haven't raided. (Yet, hopefully)

It'd be uncouth to me if it was wasting mana or something. :P
    Last edited by JonBoy2001; 2012-07-11 at 07:43 PM.
    Moo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerfax View Post
    If you're talking about MoP, a lot of people have been saying this will be the set time because of mana costs.
    If that ends up being the case, hey at least 4 piece reduces that to 15 secs

But like grubjuice said, there's tier 75 and certain glyphs for more HP gen.

10+ Year Old Account
    also whether or not the average time between chances to cast WG/LoD/EF is onerously long, is based on how much healing they do.

Other healing classes have a strong heal or two on a 15~30 seconds cooldown. HP heals would be ours, assuming they are appropriately rewarding to cast, only their cooldown is variable with our willingness to burn mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    also whether or not the average time between chances to cast WG/LoD/EF is onerously long, is based on how much healing they do.

Other healing classes have a strong heal or two on a 15~30 seconds cooldown. HP heals would be ours, assuming they are appropriately rewarding to cast, only their cooldown is variable with our willingness to burn mana.
    They're not really 'strong' heals. They're free heals. The 'cooldown' is more to do with them not costing mana than their strength.