Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Renekton, truly amazing

Just played my first ever match with this guy and when I started figuring him out, he just became a monster. I mean I just took people out, is he always that powerful?
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Renekton is really strong early and in lane because his sustain and his harras is good. His ulti is awesome when the enemy jungler comes to gank and you pull of a double kill and have 14 hp left and all you do is /all planned. The problem later in the game is that his q isn't really strong and it's only his w that hurts. You can use dice for armor reduce but it's not really worth it.

Late game he can be very strong, but he has to build on CDR and ArPen to be that. I've see many people just playing him full ad or pure Bruiser build and sometimes it work many times it didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I bought Ghostblade to deal with that issue, I notice compared to other champions that he is a high cooldown champion for the most part.
    Hey everyone

You mainly need the CDR for his Dash, which has a high cooldown and wouldn't make Renekton as effective as when he is properly built, if that cooldown wasn't reduced.

Deleted
    He falls out quite heavily into late game. You can still harass their AD carry and survive quite well but you won't be putting out as much as the carry, mid or possibly the jungle. He is crazy mid game though.

Quote Originally Posted by quosk1867 View Post
    He falls out quite heavily into late game. You can still harass their AD carry and survive quite well but you won't be putting out as much as the carry, mid or possibly the jungle. He is crazy mid game though.
    What's your point? It's always like that with any Bruiser built champ.

Exceptions are when you are ahead and don't let the game drag out for too long.
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Renekton is a real terror in lane, scary harass abilities, no manacost or anything he needs to keep track of, but there are a lot of bruisers that are more team-friendly towards late game, and thus Renekton not being played enough in Tournament games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    What's your point? It's always like that with any Bruiser built champ.
    Because seems to do less damage than people in similar roles through late game. Lee Sin, Riven and Irelia all seem to do more damage than a Renekton through late game. The OP also said that he was just taking people out, I was reminding him that his damage doesn't scale that well through late.

I've had Renekton for a long time. He's very strong in lane and if you're not careful against him, he eats you alive.
    Meep~

Quote Originally Posted by quosk1867 View Post
    Because seems to do less damage than people in similar roles through late game. Lee Sin, Riven and Irelia all seem to do more damage than a Renekton through late game. The OP also said that he was just taking people out, I was reminding him that his damage doesn't scale that well through late.
    It scales differently. Renekton is CDR and ArPen based, and most other Bruiser champs aren't.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love playin' me some Croc. He snowballs real hard off 1-2 kills and can easily end a game before it gets to late game if you don't tend to him up top. He's not too terrible late game but there's definitely better late game top champs. Once you hit 6 there's not many champions than can actually win an even trade with you, especially if you run ignite. Harassing people with E -> W -> Q -> E out will actually wear them down so much. I love just bullying the top lane and jungle at the same time once you start to snowball too. In team fights it's really easy to get to the AD Carry with E (twice if needed) and Flash. Once you're on them, you usually rip them to shreds with a full rage W and Q. One of the more enjoyable bruisers imo.

He's an early game champion that scales well into midgame and falls off lategame by himself. Get ArP runes and Last Whisper, finish Youmuu's and you're very fit for lategame.

Crazy mid game and overall fun champion, not the strongest, but for sure not a bad choice either.
    Used to play him a lot but then I found out such thing as Singed exists and I've quickly forgotten him :>
    His skins seem a little meh to me as well

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    This.

Renekton even a bad one can usually wreck lane. My buddy and I were bot in a match yesterday, he was wrecking us at the 20 minute mark. At the hour mark he wasn't even a threat. So don't get to serious with him.
    This is not true. You can easily outplay bad Renekton players, simply because they don't know how to utilize their Fury meter. Just stay away from their ulti and bait bad Dashes..

15+ Year Old Account
    I love free Renekton week.

My Yorick eats interior crocodile alligators for breakfast.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    He's a rather interesting champ. He can dominate top in early/mid against a lot of top laners. A lot of people tend to underestimate him and often give away first blood to him in my experience.

Too big cooldowns and lack of escape/defensive ability. There are better solo top champions like Riven, Yorick or obviously Wukong. But i gotta admit, Renekton is really cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    Too big cooldowns and lack of escape/defensive ability. There are better solo top champions like Riven, Yorick or obviously Wukong. But i gotta admit, Renekton is really cool too.
    I agree with everything you said, except about the part where you said he had a lack of escape/defensive abilities. His Dash and Ulti are amazing for escapes, and his stun saves so many lives because it stuns them and does fuckloads of damage on the guy, and most of the time those will be the carry's which are quite squishy.