Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

So, what's up with Elitist Jerks?

We had some discussions in earlier months about their decline in posts. There were some saying they lost their Prestige because their guild is not doing well and others saying they're just hibernating because DS is stale.

But now with a wealth of information from the Beta going on I don't see much theorycrafting going on.

Have the theorycrafters gone elsewhere now? Where?

10+ Year Old Account
    we dont need them to tell us how to play the game

Pretty much as you said. Elitist Jerks as really fallen off as the top theorycrafting site. I think many of the members have just given up with the game in that the don't care to get every single amount of dps out of their character now.
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Well, one thing which reduces it is that beta is changing all the time. And right now the theorycrafting is focused on analyzing the changes for changes in beta.
    2nd thing is that come the new talents, there is less to theorycraft, but that theorycrafting over them becomes more difficult and the results may vary alot. And if the talents change some precious time might go to waste.
    Also, its summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggayshammy View Post
    we dont need them to tell us how to play the game
    I'm still thinking about how this post would make sense in any way

Deleted
    empire's rise, and empire's fall

maybe they quit WoW.

or rather, I hope they quit WoW. the sooner we get rid of meters and theorycrafting, the sooner this game will turn into real fun.

disclaimer: the content of this comment merely reflects it's autor's personal opinion and should not be used as a fact, a pseudo-fact or a reason to make puns about the autor's username.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    I suspect there may be some consolidation of theorycrafting on applications.

For example, the bug tracker and development of Simcraft, the development forum of Rawr, etc.

edit: Hrm, Indeed, the bug tracker of SimCraft is bursting with reports right now.
    Last edited by mmoc4d6ae87215; 2012-07-11 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    We had some discussions in earlier months about their decline in posts. There were some saying they lost their Prestige because their guild is not doing well and others saying they're just hibernating because DS is stale.

But now with a wealth of information from the Beta going on I don't see much theorycrafting going on.

Maybe for some of the other classes, but warlock has always been a very active group on EJ forums. Though most of the learning you get from it is literally through reading the sim and how it changes and how you can improve the sim itself. Because really what is theorycrafting besides max dps and perfect rotation, which is all learned from a sim and what it can output on a single target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you really think the answers had changed all that much in the two months since you posted this exact topic?

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    maybe they quit WoW.

or rather, I hope they quit WoW. the sooner we get rid of meters and theorycrafting, the sooner this game will turn into real fun.

disclaimer: the content of this comment merely reflects it's autor's personal opinion and should not be used as a fact, a pseudo-fact or a reason to make puns about the autor's username.
    Getting rid of meters and theorycrafting in a gear-based MMORPG will never happen, and quite frankly the blame for WoW not being fun cannot be laid at the feet of meters or theorycrafters.

I don't understand what the fuss is about. What's the point in theory crafting when no numbers are set in stone and lots of things can change at any time? Play-testing of the raids has only just begun and until we know that how they play is set in stone, there's nothing to theory craft about yet.

Meaningless theory crafting tends to just end up in the dung-heap there. And besides, almost all of the classes have a MoP thread, dealing with what's known so far. Most people don't understand that the site isn't just about theory crafting, it's about trying to get the most precise results possible, based on fact and solid figures.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Did you really think the answers had changed all that much in the two months since you posted this exact topic?
    I mentioned that in the first line of the first post, why do you have to be a jerk and imply I forgot it?

edit: Also read the rest of the OP before reaching conclusions. This is about now having a wealth of info from Beta and still the same situation, i.e. the argument that 'DS is stale' collapses.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mentioned that in the first line of the first post, why do you have to be a jerk and imply I forgot it?

edit: Also read the rest of the OP before reaching conclusions. This is about now having a wealth of info from Beta and still the same situation, i.e. the argument that 'DS is stale' collapses.
    I don't think I'm being a jerk at all, it just seems spammy to repost the exact same topic a couple months later when nothing significant has changed since then. I don't really understand why you would.

I read the whole OP, all that information is also contained in the original thread.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

The Banhammer has always been their main asset, but in the last few years it's scared players from posting. Still, it's their Guild Web Site, that's their right... I used to go to EJ for interesting bit's of info, now it's mmo-champs. As for Theorycrafting, with Blizzard streamlining everything - is there that much need anymore?

Their progress is fine. Why would that be an issue? You don't see people shunning TankSpot because Lore's guild Months Behind is Months Behind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    lots of things can change at any time
    That argument doesn't hold much considering the SimCraft bug tracker/development discussion is right now bursting with activity. They do not seem to wait doing nothing just because it may change.

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 01:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    it just seems spammy
    I have no intention to deal with negativity like yours so I assure you, I have no desire to "spam" for no reason. Re-think what I said about now having a Beta with a wealth of information from it. It is a completely different environment. Most classes will not change much right now. They will change a bit, but not to the point of being completely different, not in all cases, but in many cases.
    Last edited by mmoc4d6ae87215; 2012-07-11 at 10:53 PM.

No one really maintains the guides is what it really comes down to. As a result the information in them isn't current so it's not accurate so people don't continue to use that information.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    maybe they quit WoW.

You make no sense. Knowing less about the game makes it fun and being informed makes it not fun?

I don't think EJ has had people of their own guild keeping up theorycrafting posts in a very long time (like, not since they were a good guild). At least for warlocks/shamans/paladins it was people of those respective classes posting on the forum, so I think it hardly has anything to do with the guild and has more to do with most people just getting smart about posting their theorycrafts on their own sites to help promote them and make them money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElfinHilon10 View Post
    Pretty much as you said. Elitist Jerks as really fallen off as the top theorycrafting site. I think many of the members have just given up with the game in that the don't care to get every single amount of dps out of their character now.
    Why waste time trying to find ways to improve your performance when the game no longer requires you to do so?