(PVP) Frost Mage Damage in Arena

Hey guys, This not a QQ post just to state

Just wondering how much damage in about a 5 minute game of arena should i do as a frost mage
    I'm fairly new to mages and practising for new expansion but i tend to do low damage on the damage done records at the end of the game,

Mind you when i do get a good set up burst it hurts the other team, was just wondering if frost mages are just ment for that big burst or is my dps over all low through out the game

It's very hard to give you a number because it's very variable. It depends on your comp, the enemy comp and the way the game turned out.

I highly recommend you read this guide:

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/22...age-pvp-guide/

Just in case you didn't notice, we have a Mage PVP stickied thread

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-PvP-Guide-4-3

And as mentioned, it REALLY depends on a lot of factors. Is it 2s or 3s? Is the other team dispelling you well? How much damage are you preventing wi your ccs? How much damage is your partner doing?

Don't worry too much about damage in Arenas, there is no specific amount you should be doing. It's all about the burst for the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Just in case you didn't notice, we have a Mage PVP stickied thread

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-PvP-Guide-4-3

And as mentioned, it REALLY depends on a lot of factors. Is it 2s or 3s? Is the other team dispelling you well? How much damage are you preventing wi your ccs? How much damage is your partner doing?

Don't worry too much about damage in Arenas, there is no specific amount you should be doing. It's all about the burst for the kill.
    Yay obelisk coming through with "da trooff". He said it and I am just repeating for emphasis. Not only are there just an insane amount of variables in your original question (comp/2s or 3s or 5s/opponent/time of day etc etc etc), but also......:

ITS NOT ABOUT YOUR DAMAGE!!!!!

WAAAY too many mages get caught up in "zomg, I need to do damage! hard cast FrostBolt/hard cast FB/hard cast FB/FIREBLAST. This is not, and never should be your focus. Instead it should look a little like this: poly/cs/nova/juke FB/poly/Ice Lance/Ice Lance/poly/cs/nova/blink/cs/RoF/poly/MI/CD Macro/SHATTER/cs/Ice Lance/Ice Lance/Ice Lance/DEAD

It is much much much much MUCH more important that you worry about your team comp and overall cc rather than how much dmg you do. Instead of asking "how much damage should I be doing?" I think a more appropriate question is "How many times should I be using Polymorph? How many casted CS's did I land? How is my peeling?" Make sense?

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Dusteyy View Post
    Yay obelisk coming through with "da trooff". He said it and I am just repeating for emphasis. Not only are there just an insane amount of variables in your original question (comp/2s or 3s or 5s/opponent/time of day etc etc etc), but also......:

ITS NOT ABOUT YOUR DAMAGE!!!!!

WAAAY too many mages get caught up in "zomg, I need to do damage! hard cast FrostBolt/hard cast FB/hard cast FB/FIREBLAST. This is not, and never should be your focus. Instead it should look a little like this: poly/cs/nova/juke FB/poly/Ice Lance/Ice Lance/poly/cs/nova/blink/cs/RoF/poly/MI/CD Macro/SHATTER/cs/Ice Lance/Ice Lance/Ice Lance/DEAD

It is much much much much MUCH more important that you worry about your team comp and overall cc rather than how much dmg you do. Instead of asking "how much damage should I be doing?" I think a more appropriate question is "How many times should I be using Polymorph? How many casted CS's did I land? How is my peeling?" Make sense?

Good luck!

This actually helped me alot, i was just asking because i had a few people i did arena with say that sometimes my damage was low and so forth but when i played with my mate who is high rated he said exactually hwta u did, "You wont damaging that game yoiu were CCing and Peeling" so yeah i now know why my damage is really low at some points and some games,

i play MLS and the Lock always out damages me but a huge number unless i play fire :P

Quote Originally Posted by dazarmo View Post
    This actually helped me alot, i was just asking because i had a few people i did arena with say that sometimes my damage was low and so forth but when i played with my mate who is high rated he said exactually hwta u did, "You wont damaging that game yoiu were CCing and Peeling" so yeah i now know why my damage is really low at some points and some games,

i play MLS and the Lock always out damages me but a huge number unless i play fire :P
    Always glad to help. Mages are NOT in arena for damage (unless fire/arcane). Generally, frost mages are there for peeling and cc. Thats it. Frost mages are the best peelers in the game, hands down. Locks are in arena for some cc, but mostly just crazy spread damage that hopefully the healer cant keep up with. Thats where the mage jumps in and says "Oh hey, your low, let me shatter your face". etc etc

Now, in something like an RMP, you are more relied on for damage. Eminem's song kinda comes into play here in that you truly usually have one shot to make it count where the stars align and your blind/poly/cs are not on DR and you have a full cc rotation on the healer and a lucky MC or fear on the other dps where you can bomb your burn target and get 2 - 3 good shatters off. That is why RMP is so powerful.

Hope this helps, I know I tend to rant.

GLHF.