Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    You know, the "disenchant" option has equal roll priority then the "greed" option? So, if this feature would be enchanter-only it'd end up like this:

1. Item drops
    2. enchanter rolls disenchant, everyone else rolls greed
    3. some greeder wins and goes to his enchanter buddy
    4. enchanter buddy creates post on forum how he hates disenchanting everyone elses crap

The instant-disenchant button is just a quality of life improvement for everyone. It has nothing to do with you being entitled on the dropped item.

Your profession perks are ring-enchants. Enchant has the added bonus of its gathering profession being part of the crafting profession, you already are a special snowflake.
    This is only valid for BoE items.

Epic enchanting mats, shouldn't be flooding the AH like they currently are.

Also it's not a gathering perk, it's part of the profession. It enables us to make our mats. Perhaps the answer to this would be to make an enchanting mats profession, to harvest nodes of something to obtain dusts and so on. And so what that we have ring enchants... other profs have perks too, such as Inscription with shoulder enchants, or BS with their gem slot and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I keep seeing this come up with enchanters. I mean yeah its selfish but no other profession is forced to share. So I guess a option to opt out of enchanting for the group isn't to much to ask for.
    Well if it's bothering enchanters that much, then they should make the system in a way that it can always disenchant, even if there's no enchanter in the group...
    I mean, come on get serious, someone won the rool, why would you care if he has the mats or the item... no work for you anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Simple answer remove disenchanting feature from rolls. but allow us to DE other people's items in do not trade.
    I can imagine all the qq if this were implemented.

"Hey guy, can you enchant my super awesome heroic raid weapon?"
    "Sure, no problem."
    Disenchants through trade window
    "WHYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?"

Even if it were accidental, you know it's gonna happen. And Blizzard's response will be, "you should have payed more attention before accepting the trade."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Pretty selfish attitude ^_^
    think there is a reason there is an utter lack of ore and herb nodes this xpack.
    if there were enchanters would be flaming the forums even more than now, heck even skinners don't need to share their loot...

but@a personal de button for enchanters, no, i think it should be greyed out as de'ing through that button gives NO chance at guild perk for bonus enchanting mats.
    (bountiful bags)

as it is right now, usually server runs chanter would de the BoP stuff, everyone would greed the BoE's, then shards would be rolled on per boss or divided up at the end. so works mostly the same now.

how about no de button for anything BoE?
    then it would work exactly how it did in vanilla / bc / some of wotlk.
    BoP stuff would still have a DE button ofc.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Deleted
    I've got nothing against having the option to DE an item for the rest of of the group being available.
    What I do have an issue with is that the enchanter (who without the ability to insta DE would not be available, so thank you very much) Receives nothing in return. I have the profession and levelled it up for myself because I wanted the ability to get my own mats without having to rely on other people. I'm not going to bring gathering professions into this because it's just not the same thing.

In the all the dungeons I have been in I have only received 1/5th of all of the enchanting materials that have "dropped". I have no problem with that because it's only fair that I receive an even number of greed/DE rolls as the other players in my group.
    The other 4/5ths of the time I receive NOTHING. People are instantly benefiting from my skill whether I like it or not. I still technically disenchanted the item. It says so in the chat.
    Why am I forced into doing this for free? I don't want to inconvenience the other players and be a dick and demand gold for it. But I should be compensated for my professions use in some way that only benefits me and doesn't negatively affect other players.
    Such as, for every item that is disenchanted in a dungeon each enchanter within the group (because if only one person got it there would just be bias) should receive something in return that will in some way help them. I don't think it should be gold, because then it turns into a matter of something of which the worth is constantly changing and more often than not diminishing in value.

Enchanters should be rewarded with a percentage of the material that once you accumulate enough of you can then turn into their respective dust/essence/shard/crystal. And you would receive an equal amount of percentage as the other person receives in full, the percentage would work similar to how lesser essences are right clicked and turned into greater essences.
    For example, a pack of mobs die. A green BoE drops. No one specifically needs it at this point in time and everyone present would like to have it disenchanted for personal use.
    Enchanter greed roll 46 (because of the guild perk)
    Player 1 disenchant roll 51
    Player 2 disenchant roll 87
    Player 3 disenchant roll 4
    Player 4 disenchant roll 35
    -Player 2 wins and receives 4 Hypnotic Dust.

The Enchanter would then also receive 1 Hypnotic Molecule (or whatever other word could work better) for each Hypnotic Dust that Player 2 received. In this case the enchanter would receive 4 Hypnotic Molecules. This would work the same for lesser/greater essences respectively and would also work for shards and crystals. The amount of Molecules required to turn it into an ACTUAL enchanting material could be different depending on each materials molecule. For instance, Dust would probably require the most molecules as it very common. But I don't really know exactly how common each material is from dungeons and drops (as that is the only place it can apply) so I couldn't really give exact numbers, they'd just be guesses.

TL;DR Enchanters would receive something that would very slowly allow them to acquire enchanting materials for each thing that is disenchanted with the disenchant roll option.

Additional Note
    Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    how about no de button for anything BoE?
    then it would work exactly how it did in vanilla / bc / some of wotlk.
    BoP stuff would still have a DE button ofc.
    If the DE button is going to not exist for anything it should be for BoP stuff. Everyone can get BoE stuf disenchanted if they want to, so streamlining that process makes some sense. However giving everyone the option to only disenchant BoPs defeats the whole advantage of actually having enchanting.
    If your going to take the DE button away from any type of item it should be from BoPs.
    Last edited by mmocf34666f852; 2012-07-12 at 10:58 AM.

Deleted
    People with skinning doesnt have to share the leather they find from creatures the group helped to kill.
    People with herbalism/mining doesnt have to share the herbs/ores they find when the group helped clear to that spot.

People with enchanting have to share the mats they find and also forced to disenchant it for the whole group.

Not fair at all. Anyone who says otherwise is unfair and selfish.

Edit: BTW... im not an Enchanter so dont even go there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    People with skinning doesnt have to share the leather they find from creatures the group helped to kill.
    People with herbalism/mining doesnt have to share the herbs/ores they find when the group helped clear to that spot.

People with enchanting have to share the mats they find and also forced to disenchant it for the whole group.

Not fair at all. Anyone who says otherwise is unfair and selfish.

Edit: BTW... im not an Enchanter so dont even go there
    You're comparing two stand-alone gathering professions to a secondary bonus of a crafting profession, that's what you call a fair comparision?
    Last edited by mmoca821fe2863; 2012-07-12 at 10:59 AM.

No they don't, go grab a coffee
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ccKep
    You're comparing two stand-alone gathering professions to a secondary bonus of a crafting profession, that's what you call a fair comparision?
    Enchanting is what it is. It takes alot more to level than gathering professions and therefore it has some bonuses that gatheringprofessions doesnt.
    Why should enchanters be forced to share from the perks of the profession THEY have leveled when herbalists, skinners and miners doesnt?

It simply isnt fair at all.

I want my classes' spec auras to affect only me. If someone else wanted the benefit, they should have rolled and spec'd the same as well.

Same argument. Sounds silly.

Also, the whole mining/skinning/herb argument is kinda "lol" now. That's ok, have at it! I forget the last time I saw a node in DS or any of the newer 3 dungeons. Did the trolls have nodes?

Deleted
    So many enchanters believing dungeon groups are waiting and praying for an enchanter to show their face so they can get some free mats. The DE roll is the same as the greed roll which that party would be hitting if the enchanter were not there. Now some people resent the fact they levelled up that profession and are "giving away" the benefits (missing the fact that they are one of only two crafting professions who get to gather their own mats and DE their own outdated gear) and want some renumeration or medal for providing this service, I say make disenchanting and cloth gathering their own professions. I mean, it's not fair to the poor leatherworkers and JCs that they have to level a completely different profession to gather their mats while enchanters get to gather their own mats AND have the luxury of feeling aggrieved when they effectively lose a greed roll . It's only fair, right???
    Last edited by mmoc6765cb3ae1; 2012-07-12 at 11:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    No they don't, go grab a coffee
    The group kills a pig that guards a herb and a mining node. The pig gets looted for a green quality item.

The herbalist gets the herb without having to share it.
    The miner gets the ore without having to share it.
    The skinner gets the leather without having to share it.

Everyone gets a roll on the mats from the item. How is this fair?

The enchanter helped as much as all the others in killing the pig guarding all the nodes and carrying the loot.

No logic!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkedged View Post
    I want my classes' spec auras to affect only me. If someone else wanted the benefit, they should have rolled and spec'd the same as well.

Yeah I've been waiting for the whole "cool enchanters you refuse to de the drops I'll refuse to do the most damage" argument to float. It has as much merit.

Oh yeah, and anyone who says otherwise is unfair and selfish ^_^
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkedged View Post

Also, the whole mining/skinning/herb argument is kinda "lol" now. That's ok, have at it! I forget the last time I saw a node in DS or any of the newer 3 dungeons. Did the trolls have nodes?
    You can mine some of the elementals and you can skin the dragonkin in the 3 HoT dungeons.

The group kills a pig that guards a herb and a mining node. The pig gets looted for a green quality item.

The enchanter helped as much as all the others in killing the pig guarding all the nodes and carrying the loot.

No logic!
    Lol. The group goes to the dungeon to farm for nodes does it?

Deleted
    it seems enchanters have become more and more selfish ever since this DE option was added.

before LFD was added it often was the deal the enchanter woulld greed and everyone else pass if no one needed it. and then in the end of the run everyone rolled and the shards were split among the highest rollers (1 per person, highest roll first/lowest roll last) all blizzard did was automate this process. but ever since this was introduced more and more selfish enchanters have shown up. which i find a shame.

Deleted
    Great argument mate. If you dont have anything serious to offer, stay away from posting

No logic!
    If there's no enchanter, the pig still drops a green item that everyone rolls on. If there's no herbalist, miner or skinner, nobody gets any herb, ore or leather.

Good point. Dungeons = guaranteed mats through teamwork. Its an obvious waste of time if you're farming for any other material if you join a dungeon or raid.

I have an enchanter and the current situation doesn't bother me at all. Enchanters essentially get 2 professions out of only 1. Not only can they make and sell enchants, they can make the mats for them too. To make a comparison, it's like me having a LW and being able to skin the beasties for my mats and still having another prof slot open in case I want to level herbalism or something. And if you're complaining about people taking gold from you, go sell the actual enchants instead of the mats. Enchanting mats are at retarded prices on my server anyway; I can only imagine how insane they would be if only enchanters could get them.