10+ Year Old Account

Too much vitamins?

I drink alot of Vitamin Water, eats lots of fruits and veggies, and all that good stuff that gives you you needed vitamins. Is it possible to take in too much vitamins?

`Edit
    I do not take any "supplements".

15+ Year Old Account
    you can't have too much vitamins if you just get it by eating healthy, the leftover vitamins just get into your urine. (tho it's not impossible to have an overdose of them, but you'd have to take insane amounts of them)

also, some fruits tend to be acidic, so check before you load up and eat a bunch
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Deleted
    Just like everything else you can too much. But we're talking extreme amounts. So unless you eat like 3 kilos of fruit and vegetables each day you're good.

If you eat vitamin pills you can easily get too much of a certain vitamin. Some vitamins like A or D vitamins can actually become dangerous if your intake is higher than the recommended amount. But don't worry if you're not eating vitamin pills.

Certain vitamins are water soluble, which means if you take too much of it, the extra goes away with your urine. Others that aren't water soluble can kill you from overdosing on them. I don't know which ones for sure, but I know what I wrote is true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vitamins B1-12, C - Water Soluble - Eat it like candy, you'll piss it out
    Vitamins A, D, E, K - Fat Soluble - You can overdose and cause numerous health problems

It's nearly impossible to overdose on vitamins through eating food, unless you're eating WAY too much. If you're scarfing down 30 carrots a day, every day, that might be problematic. But nobody eats THAT many of anything.
    Last edited by chazus; 2012-07-12 at 09:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, thanks for the info.